QVC Easy Pay Beware charging twice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi there,

I have lurked here for a long time, but because of this farce, I had to post!

I have just been on the phone grovelling to my bank, as a qvc double payment put me over the limit.

My bank kindly put the overpayment back into my account, but QVC were not helpful at all, the woman on the end of the phone just said it would take 3 days to sort out and to send a copy of my bank statement in if I get any charges.

One good thing has come out of this though, I've had a moment of clarity, and my QVC shopping will be non-existant this year, as I cannot afford cock-ups like this to happen!

Hi Fizzypop, welcome to the forum.

Whilst onto QVC customer service today(about something else) i took the opportunity to ask about the refund of my double payment, i was told that all was resolved yesterday? and my refund should be back in my account in the next 3-5 days.My double payment was for a single transaction and was taken on 17th January. Many many thanks to Graham & co for bringing this carry on to everyones's attention:sun:.

Does the problem involve only duplicate easy pay payments being taken or is it payments being taken twice for purchases ?

:thinking:

One of the items I was double charged for was a single payment item, so it's not exclusive to easy pay items. The CS woman told me that it applied to every item ordered on the 12th. :headbang:

The second double one was the final payment on easy pay and to my knowledge I hadn't got anything on easy pay, according to the records I keep.

Having rung them I did learn something I didn't know though. If you order an item online that isn't on air at the time (like I did with my re-order) it's better to go out through the normal check out rather than the express one because if it's been put on easy pay you get given that option automatically. That's why I couldn't work out why my re-order was suddenly on 2 easy pays when it hasn't been before ..... I usually use the express check out.

IF I decide to order it again (once my money has been refunded) then I'll go through the normal check out, because you can then cancel any easy pay options or I'll use the 3rd option on QCut.

:wait:

Can I just question when can customers expect that they may have been double charged ?
So we can all check our QVC and Bank/CC accounts.
In light of Graham's purchase of the DELL TSV on the 8th and now the Yankee Candle TSV day being 11th with the poster on MSE payment being processed on the 12th.
Am I right in thinking double payment could possibly be taken at least from the 8th - 12th Jan ?
Can we also make sure that QVC customers easily realise that it is not only the easy payments that are involved.

:angry:

The items were processed on 12th and they showed up in my bank account as debited x2 on 15th January ......... and as I posted above - it's not exclusive to items on Easy Pay.

Last edited:
My apologies, Bags .......... I posted my reply after spotting another post when you acknowledged that the botch up wasn't just limited to Easy Pays so I must sound like a parrot. :blush:

I'm glad that yours is now sorted out, athena69. Hopefully we'll all be posting soon with good news as well.

And wouldn't it be great if QVC gave credits to everyone who has suffered at the hands of their botch up, but in particular those who have now incurred bank charges because of it.

My apologies, Bags .......... I posted my reply after spotting another post when you acknowledged that the botch up wasn't just limited to Easy Pays so I must sound like a parrot. :blush:

I'm glad that yours is now sorted out, athena69. Hopefully we'll all be posting soon with good news as well.

And wouldn't it be great if QVC gave credits to everyone who has suffered at the hands of their botch up, but in particular those who have now incurred bank charges because of it.

No problem Toril,
Just seems strange they told you though that it was only purchases on the 12th affected when Graham's Dell was purchased when it was a TSV the 8th think was on.

:confused:

No problem Toril,
Just seems strange they told you though that it was only purchases on the 12th affected when Graham's Dell was purchased when it was a TSV the 8th think was on.

:confused:

Judging from the posts on this thread, I think it's down to the CS person you speak to as to what you're told. I was given two different time scales, for it being sorted out, in two calls on subsequent days. I was also told it has never happened before. Hmmmmm........

No doubt if someone rings them tomorrow they'll be told another version. Still, there is one indisputable version .......... they messed up (or the computer did) and customers are out of pocket and they can't alter the facts on that.

I have also been refunded this morning.

I remember that on the day of the yankee candle TSV, they were having to put orders through manually as there was a computer problem. QVC were still mentioning this at nine in the morning, so maybe that contributed to the cock-up.

Hope everyone who has been affected gets their refund today.....

Judging from the posts on this thread, I think it's down to the CS person you speak to as to what you're told. I was given two different time scales, for it being sorted out, in two calls on subsequent days. I was also told it has never happened before. Hmmmmm........

No doubt if someone rings them tomorrow they'll be told another version. Still, there is one indisputable version .......... they messed up (or the computer did) and customers are out of pocket and they can't alter the facts on that.

Oh that same old potato your the only one, when you ring CS and your made to feel like oh what's happened explain that let me put you on hold, are really sure ?
I've had that before you ring up because your item arrives damaged or there's a fault or something missing or whatever but you know it's been happening cause it's happened to others but yet your the only one, when you ask.

:giggle:

My advanced order for the Yankee TSV was double charged, but QVC have given the money back. I will definately be checking my accounts again when with QVC.

No sign of my refund yet, and knowing my luck they'll probably charge me again...

Latest posts

Back