QVC Gold Jewellery Disintergates!!!!???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if the woman who's QVC gold jewellery has a very acid skin? Hence the pitted rings. I used to turn silver chains black in days. I am currently researching buying a white gold chain and am wondering how long the rhodium plating will last. I already have a white gold diamond cut chain and it has considerably dulled over many years. Not sure if it is because it has lost the rhodium plating. I have tried to clean it. I was looking at platinum but it is so expensive.

I know most of the gold rings I purchased years ago have substantial shanks, not hollow, so I would have thought 6 years ago it was still ok. Whole different kettle of fish in the past 3/4 years.

I have got gold jewellery from qvc since 1997 , loads of pieces I must say and never have I encountered any such problem be it 9,14 or 18ct.

I have some gold pieces bought from QVC but that were not manufactured for them, such as Russell Grant and Uri Geller. They're many years old now and still look as good as new, and have been worn every day. I presume the lady in question bought stuff that was made for QVC directly? Perhaps they tried to skimp on production costs and now it's coming back to haunt them. Things do sometimes happen in boxes though, for some reason. Not gold, of course, but I bought my sister a Joan Rivers bracelet that had broken into pieces in the box by the time I gave it to her. Very strange.

For the sake of good PR though, QVC should have taken some interest and at least investigated and not just brushed her off. It wouldn't have been any skin off their noses in the long run. That said, I haven't had much faith in the quality of QVC products for a long time now.

I only have one piece of jewellery from Argos and I have worn it every single day for something like 20 years. It a 9ct gold ring. You'll laugh when I tell you it's a toe ring. :eek:) seriously though it's great quality, it's stayed shiny and bright and I never, ever take it off. I suspect might be welded to my foot by now.

I have a 9ct gold belcher chain from Argos, had it since the early 1990's and it still looks good.

The lady on FB whose jewellery disintegrated has given an update.She has had no joy from the head at Q and now is threatening to go to Rip Off Britain.She has had the jewellery for a while but you don't expect gold to ever disintegrate .She made a point about wedding rings lasting.Well so much for them(Q) being posh if they end up on there.

Last edited:
Rereading her first post it does imply it was 6 years ago but it could be she meant that the consumer rights (or whatever it's called these days) only extend to purchases less than 6 years old.

Would be nice to know exactly what happened to the jewellery. It sounds like one day it was fine, the next day it was in pieces but I can't see how that would happen.

I'm actually surprised if it is poor manufacture that others haven't said they've had similar. The amount of stock QVC shifts this can't be a one off. A few grumbles about breaking pieces but nothing similar. Either on Facebook or here.

Latest posts

Back