QVC hair products advice needed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
Yesterday I had my very long blonde hair cut off into a very short, choppy bob style, that is textured and layered into my ears and cheekbones. I am lucky to have a heart shaped face and high cheekbones. Although drastic, I am very happy with the style but after the last 4 years neglecting my hair - I just tied it back in a scrunchie and never blow dryed it or used any heated appliances on it. I have used the same Avon colour on it for a couple of years-light blonde -and am very happy with the colour but I am totally clueless on styling products because the last time I had a shorter style was in my twenties and I am now 41.

I remember I used the Sheer Blonde "funky chunky" which was a waxy gel. I loved that product but it is long discontinued.

Can anyone reccommend a good product from QVC's range that would do similar to funky chunky for a choppy short bob? I use WEN or a reverse wash method and was wondering if the cucumber aloe WEN set with the texturiser would be any good (I have fine hair but lots of it) or whether that Amazonian white clay range might have something that suits.

Or, can anyone reccommend something from the high street instead?

Much as I love Wen cleanser I didn't have any use for the styling products but DH liked the styling gel (thus justifying another purchase :blush:). Donna has short blonde hair and uses this and also the stick product (I think). She'd be better placed to advise on Wen styling.

I do, however really rate the Taya White Clay styling products and Copaiba Resin (I stocked up when the brand was sold off on Ideal World). I doubt I'll even have to repurchase these (unless they go off) because with long hair I only need the tiniest drop of the resin or the white clay thickening creme. Use too much and you have to wash it out! The bonus with the white clay range is that it absorbs oil as a side effect which I find means that it doesn't attract grime from the atmosphere as some styling products do. You have to really shake the Taya products as they separate in the bottle. The White Clay discovery set is out of stock which is a shame (cheaper to return than the full sizes if it doesn't work for you). Reviews are mixed so it doesn't suit everyone.

Much as I love Wen cleanser I didn't have any use for the styling products but DH liked the styling gel (thus justifying another purchase :blush:). Donna has short blonde hair and uses this and also the stick product (I think). She'd be better placed to advise on Wen styling.

I do, however really rate the Taya White Clay styling products and Copaiba Resin (I stocked up when the brand was sold off on Ideal World). I doubt I'll even have to repurchase these (unless they go off) because with long hair I only need the tiniest drop of the resin or the white clay thickening creme. Use too much and you have to wash it out! The bonus with the white clay range is that it absorbs oil as a side effect which I find means that it doesn't attract grime from the atmosphere as some styling products do. You have to really shake the Taya products as they separate in the bottle. The White Clay discovery set is out of stock which is a shame (cheaper to return than the full sizes if it doesn't work for you). Reviews are mixed so it doesn't suit everyone.
Plus 1 for the Taya White styling creme stuff. I have very fine highlighted tending to greasy blond hair that goes flat with anything too heavy. When I first tried this product I did only use a small amount to damp hair but I was sitting with my head upright and just rubbed it in. The result was ok but nothing special. Then I watched the online clip and saw them use an even smaller amout on a lady with long hair and they rubbed it completely between their hands and turned the models head upside down so the first contact was with the underneath hair (hope that makes sense!). Then they just rubbed it through the models hair whilst still upside down then turned her the right way . When I tried that I was amazed at the difference. It really does seem to work and it seems to dry out my greasy hair as well. It seems to have a cumulative effect as well but that could be my imagination. Even on my short bob length hair when I am drying it I can see why people say too much hair is a bit of a problem. Not an issue I ever had before! It's not a miracle cream but, used really sparingly I think it is very good. It also seems to add a bit of texture to my flat hair. Use the smallest amount you can get out of the bottle!

Now I love the Wen Styling Creme but I have a pixie cut and hate the feeling of product in my hair.

I never need volumizing for a start. The Wen Volume Spray I gave away but friend who got it loved it. She used it in the roots of her hair and it did give body to her very fine chin bob style. I think Philip Kingsley does a volume spray too???

Latest posts

Back