Best QVC hair product for frizzy menopause hair ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i think using the best shampoo/conditioner is essential. cheap stuff can compromise your hair outdoing say the elsatisicer step. i like philip kingsley remoisturising range but he does ananther one called moisture extreme for mixed race hair, arab and black hair. basically any hair with a curl or bend. he also does a leave in conditioner that you can use after hair washing as a final step and in between washes. dry hair should be washed less frequently anyway. but you will know your own hair.
this range is not cheap but last ages. the 1 litre bottles of shampoo/conditioner last me two years so its a good investment. i get all my haircare from feel unique but always shop around for deals

Great thank you Boffy ..my order just arrived ..I will try it overnight and wash out tomorrow and give it at least 3 weeks ( 3 applications ) before I judge what it's like for me ...oohhh can't wait even just for the smell ...thank you everybody ...great info as ever on here :mysmilie_12:

i think using the best shampoo/conditioner is essential. cheap stuff can compromise your hair outdoing say the elsatisicer step. i like philip kingsley remoisturising range but he does ananther one called moisture extreme for mixed race hair, arab and black hair. basically any hair with a curl or bend. he also does a leave in conditioner that you can use after hair washing as a final step and in between washes. dry hair should be washed less frequently anyway. but you will know your own hair.
this range is not cheap but last ages. the 1 litre bottles of shampoo/conditioner last me two years so its a good investment. i get all my haircare from feel unique but always shop around for deals

I am always so envious of people who don't have to wash their hair every day. I occasionally wash and blow-dry just my fringe and dry shampoo the rest on the second day, if time is particularly tight, but never feel at my best. The annoying part is that I've got really long hair, most of which is fine, but - because of the greasy roots - I obviously have to wash the whole lot!

Great thank you Boffy ..my order just arrived ..I will try it overnight and wash out tomorrow and give it at least 3 weeks ( 3 applications ) before I judge what it's like for me ...oohhh can't wait even just for the smell ...thank you everybody ...great info as ever on here :mysmilie_12:

Did you go for the normal one or the Geranium and Neroli? I've never tried the normal one. Think you can use it more than once a week, if your hair needs it. Can also recommend the Nexxus Nutritive Shampoo and Conditioner, although I have a different hair type.

I am always so envious of people who don't have to wash their hair every day. I occasionally wash and blow-dry just my fringe and dry shampoo the rest on the second day, if time is particularly tight, but never feel at my best. The annoying part is that I've got really long hair, most of which is fine, but - because of the greasy roots - I obviously have to wash the whole lot

I do sympathise - I have the same problem except that my hair is mid- length. I used to use a shampoo by Kerastase called Bain Divalent which is specifically aimed at greasy roots and dry ends. It did help.

I am always so envious of people who don't have to wash their hair every day. I occasionally wash and blow-dry just my fringe and dry shampoo the rest on the second day, if time is particularly tight, but never feel at my best. The annoying part is that I've got really long hair, most of which is fine, but - because of the greasy roots - I obviously have to wash the whole lot!

Did you go for the normal one or the Geranium and Neroli? I've never tried the normal one. Think you can use it more than once a week, if your hair needs it. Can also recommend the Nexxus Nutritive Shampoo and Conditioner, although I have a different hair type.

i have the neroli bought two of the litre tubs as i know i will use it. dont know what the rhubarb one smells like but i am sure its gorgeous to. i like the scented elasticiser its just more pleasant than the plain one

I'm sitting with my shower cap on watching Duran Duran in concert ...with the elastisizer in lol ...very glamourous ...couldn't face the overnight soak as was so cold last night so doing half hour and see how it goes ...the smell is lovley ..if all goes well then will buy the litre bottle and hubby can give me for Christmas lol ...:mysmilie_59: will report back tonight or tomorrow ..thank you again for help with this and the cheaper suggestions ...I'm open to anything lol

No it's not risen Alterego ..but my docs keep regular eye as they do with weight ..( which I hate lol )
I only have a small dose and so far keeping those awful distressing flushes under wraps for now.....there are so many ways of taking it ...i use a gel ( one dose ) and it goes on my forearm ...if I've had any side affects there not been obvious and I've been on it for awhile ...your HRT dose might need pulling and tweaking ...as long as your doc is keeping eye that is great ...the gel one not always widely known about somit might be worth mentioning if ever you chat to doc about blood pressure ...not that I am saying it will help but I take just one dose and all is well so far ....(still waiting for Phil Kingsley order to be shipped lol ...) good luck keep us posted

Thanks, May. I have a weight problem, but they still gave it to me. I was a bit surprised that I was given 2mg after the initial 3 months without problems. I was on 1mg to start. I thought it might have been a mistake, but I'd seen locum and they weren't available to check, so the other locum put me back to 1mg. I'm also surprised they didn't try my on a gel or patch as I take loads of tablets to start with.

I'm sleeping better than I have for years and flushes have eased.

I've been taking ng HRT for 16 years. Wonderful. Now 62. I am planning on stopping when I come back from holiday as I have now stopped work. It has kept me energetic and mentally alert.
I have stopped dying my hair blonde in the last 4 months so that I am now a third silver grey. My hair has improved hugely in condition with no friziness and I no longer use conditioner at all.

I'm glad it's worked well for you ILS. I know a lot of women find it great then give up after 2 years as they assume their menopause is over - then they blame menopause as the side effects of stopping. I'm also surprised to find that a lot of women won't touch HRT but take herbal alternatives with abandon, not realising that their side effects can be the same as HRT, but they're not monitored like they'd be if they took HRT. My old GP was a fan of black cohosh for menopause symptoms but told me I HAD to tell him if I started taking them as he'd need to keep an eye on me for female cancers.

Will you still be using your Steampod? I noticed a similar one in Boots last week. It doesn't pump steam, but has a little on-board tank that pushes water vapour on the hair before the plates go over it - so a sort of steam thing. I was just about to put it in the basket yesterday when I noticed the price increase - all week it's been half price at £40.50, but it had gone up on Friday to £49!

Also, did you see the post I mentioned the La Braziliana stuff in? If you're hair has softened and you don't use the Steampod any more, it'll be useless as it needs heat to work, but I'm finding it absolutely amazing at keeping my hair soft and frizz-free. A close second and another recent find has been Charles Worthington's 7 day sleek stuff (only the treatment). Both of them make my hair feel a bit stiff as I'm drying, but the minute I straighten, my hair is transformed. Best stuff I've found (so far!!).

@alter ego I am still using the steampod when the weather is damp. It has been mainly dry for weeks now. I have a Posh Becks bob at the moment so I let my hair dry naturally then use the Babyliss rotating brush to give it a bit of volume and use straighteners on the front bits and apply a little wax to keep them from curling up. Since I stopped dying it blond about 4 months ago, I just wash my hair so do not even use conditioner.
No did not see your post about the Brazilians stuff. Will find it.

Thanks, May. I have a weight problem, but they still gave it to me. I was a bit surprised that I was given 2mg after the initial 3 months without problems. I was on 1mg to start. I thought it might have been a mistake, but I'd seen locum and they weren't available to check, so the other locum put me back to 1mg. I'm also surprised they didn't try my on a gel or patch as I take loads of tablets to start with.

I'm sleeping better than I have for years and flushes have eased.

That's good Alter ego ..what a relief ...the gel is well known about I don't think ..I recemmneded my friend and she said her doc didn't know it was available ..she's on it now and it's helped loads ..;0)

I'm sitting with my shower cap on watching Duran Duran in concert ...with the elastisizer in lol ...very glamourous ...couldn't face the overnight soak as was so cold last night so doing half hour and see how it goes ...the smell is lovley ..if all goes well then will buy the litre bottle and hubby can give me for Christmas lol ...:mysmilie_59: will report back tonight or tomorrow ..thank you again for help with this and the cheaper suggestions ...I'm open to anything lol

Thank you for your likes :0) ...first impressions ...my hair feels thicker ..a bit more volume ...but I need to try it out when walking around outside to see if any bad frizz happens :mysmilie_17:....but I can feel something better and it does look improved ...watch this space ( bet you all on hotpins waiting lol ) .. I'm optimistic but don't want to overdo the enthusiasm just yet ...:happy:

@alter ego I am still using the steampod when the weather is damp. It has been mainly dry for weeks now. I have a Posh Becks bob at the moment so I let my hair dry naturally then use the Babyliss rotating brush to give it a bit of volume and use straighteners on the front bits and apply a little wax to keep them from curling up. Since I stopped dying it blond about 4 months ago, I just wash my hair so do not even use conditioner.
No did not see your post about the Brazilians stuff. Will find it.

Um... I can't find it! My pooter keeps asking me to sign in!

It's La Brasiliana Dieci. Amazing stuff. I keep touching my hair as it's softer than it's been for years. The Charles Worthington 7 Day Sleek leave in is good, too - but they both need irons or your hair will stay stiff.

Thank you for your likes :0) ...first impressions ...my hair feels thicker ..a bit more volume ...but I need to try it out when walking around outside to see if any bad frizz happens :mysmilie_17:....but I can feel something better and it does look improved ...watch this space ( bet you all on hotpins waiting lol ) .. I'm optimistic but don't want to overdo the enthusiasm just yet ...:happy:

May - anything that improves the condition of your hair will help keep the frizzies at bay. You'll REALLY see the difference if you use a good styling treatment, too, though. Your hair will stay soft and frizz-free for longer and will resist any weather conditions that make it frizz, too.

I'm an Elasticizer fan and love the condition my hair is in with it, but my hair, being the difficult beast with a will of it's own that it is, needs keeping in hand with styling stuff or it's back to pouffy Crystal Tipps again. Just to say, though, unless you use straighteners, the two styling products I've record in previous posts won't work.

I'm also going to ask about the gel at my next visit - thanks for that. I think it'll be easier to remember than yet another pill, too. Plus the cheapos that make my HRT have just numbered the packet - no days - how the hell can I remember if I've taken it or not? I'm ****** menopausal! It'll be easier to remember to use a gel when I'm slapping on my moisturiser in the morning.

May - anything that improves the condition of your hair will help keep the frizzies at bay. You'll REALLY see the difference if you use a good styling treatment, too, though. Your hair will stay soft and frizz-free for longer and will resist any weather conditions that make it frizz, too.

I'm an Elasticizer fan and love the condition my hair is in with it, but my hair, being the difficult beast with a will of it's own that it is, needs keeping in hand with styling stuff or it's back to pouffy Crystal Tipps again. Just to say, though, unless you use straighteners, the two styling products I've record in previous posts won't work.

I'm also going to ask about the gel at my next visit - thanks for that. I think it'll be easier to remember than yet another pill, too. Plus the cheapos that make my HRT have just numbered the packet - no days - how the hell can I remember if I've taken it or not? I'm ****** menopausal! It'll be easier to remember to use a gel when I'm slapping on my moisturiser in the morning.

Alter ego thank you for the advice ...will take that on board ...I don't even use a hair dryer only once s month when hairdresser styles my hair ..I'm always too nervous to heat my hair and that is without it getting frizzy before ..it's so fine but thick amounts if that makes sense ..I have it layered or Crystal tips would definatley arrive !

Lol about remembering tablets lol ...yes ask about the gel ..always worth a go ...it drys very quickly and has helped so much ..I could prob take 2 applications if I wanted as doc mentioned this but I have been getting by quite happily with 1 so far ...I left the car in the town and walked straight passed it last week ...and didn't realise until 2 hours later ...we'll this just confirms to me memory is defo a problem with menopause ..I didn't cry I just laughed ..I do walk mostly so I think it is habit more than anything that made me forget but ..yes the good old pause kicked in since turning 53 lol ...keep us posted and I really hope it helps you ! .. I always have it in plain sight and apply at night but we are all different ...:mysmilie_59:

Alter ego thank you for the advice ...will take that on board ...I don't even use a hair dryer only once s month when hairdresser styles my hair ..I'm always too nervous to heat my hair and that is without it getting frizzy before ..it's so fine but thick amounts if that makes sense ..I have it layered or Crystal tips would definatley arrive !

Lol about remembering tablets lol ...yes ask about the gel ..always worth a go ...it drys very quickly and has helped so much ..I could prob take 2 applications if I wanted as doc mentioned this but I have been getting by quite happily with 1 so far ...I left the car in the town and walked straight passed it last week ...and didn't realise until 2 hours later ...we'll this just confirms to me memory is defo a problem with menopause ..I didn't cry I just laughed ..I do walk mostly so I think it is habit more than anything that made me forget but ..yes the good old pause kicked in since turning 53 lol ...keep us posted and I really hope it helps you ! .. I always have it in plain sight and apply at night but we are all different ...:mysmilie_59:

Thanks, May. I forgot (as I'm menopausal - and if I hadn't written it in the previous post, I'd have forgotten I'd mentioned it - and we both know what that's like!) to ask if you take hair vits? I was taking Philip Kingsleys Tricho tablets until recently, but due to their cost, I've switched to Lambert's Maxi Hair (found totally by accident whilst looking for something else). There's very little difference in formulation or results, so quids in all around. My hair has felt healthier and definitely not as dry as it was since taking them.

Does your hair look and feel better after a blow dry? I've heat styled my hair for the last 16 years and the only major problems I've had have been after using GHDs. You're very lucky that you can get away with air drying, but with a bit of care (and the right products), heat won't necessarily damage your hair. If you're going somewhere nice and you think the weather might give you the frizzies, try blow drying the style in and the frizz out. Heating it with the Elasticizer on will make it penetrate better, too.

Also, in case you didn't know, using high protein conditioners and masks can dry hair out and make it brittle, too. Most protein masks won't tell you to use a conditioner after them, which is really annoying. The only one that does (that I know of), is Lee Stafford - which is also a good product to use a few times a month. My niece's hair had started getting dry and frizzy after using a protein mask too often. She cut back and added conditioner and her hair is back to her crowning glory.

Thanks, May. I forgot (as I'm menopausal - and if I hadn't written it in the previous post, I'd have forgotten I'd mentioned it - and we both know what that's like!) to ask if you take hair vits? I was taking Philip Kingsleys Tricho tablets until recently, but due to their cost, I've switched to Lambert's Maxi Hair (found totally by accident whilst looking for something else). There's very little difference in formulation or results, so quids in all around. My hair has felt healthier and definitely not as dry as it was since taking them.

Does your hair look and feel better after a blow dry? I've heat styled my hair for the last 16 years and the only major problems I've had have been after using GHDs. You're very lucky that you can get away with air drying, but with a bit of care (and the right products), heat won't necessarily damage your hair. If you're going somewhere nice and you think the weather might give you the frizzies, try blow drying the style in and the frizz out. Heating it with the Elasticizer on will make it penetrate better, too.

Also, in case you didn't know, using high protein conditioners and masks can dry hair out and make it brittle, too. Most protein masks won't tell you to use a conditioner after them, which is really annoying. The only one that does (that I know of), is Lee Stafford - which is also a good product to use a few times a month. My niece's hair had started getting dry and frizzy after using a protein mask too often. She cut back and added conditioner and her hair is back to her crowning glory.

Alterego thank you for this really informative reply .. I am going to take your advice and try all this ...mynhairdresser does my hair very nice with hairdryer and diffuser but I don't know if I can do the same ! Lol the tablets sound great and I will defo look into this....my hair defo improved and I will try again later in the week ...feeling optimistic :mysmilie_59:
Have a great week and hope the Doc is accomadating with the gel

May, Marks now do PK products so keep an eye out as they often have special offers.

Re menopause- I started my periods really early and the menopause 20 years ago in my early 40's. I had very thick hair and whilst I notice it a little thinner everyone else thinks it is as thick as ever. Luckily I didn't have problems with exceptional periods but I had terrible hot flushes and panic attacks. I also suffered a bit from depression but the flushes and panic attacks which were the worst.

I didn't go down the HRT route but did find homeopathic sage drops helped a bit. I think it was the unrelenting years and years of it which was so hard, don't believe the 5 years and it will be all over shite. Mine lasted 15 years and I still get the odd one.

I count myself lucky that I didn't have more than a couple of symptoms as I know if I had more I would have gone for HRT.

May, Marks now do PK products so keep an eye out as they often have special offers.

Re menopause- I started my periods really early and the menopause 20 years ago in my early 40's. I had very thick hair and whilst I notice it a little thinner everyone else thinks it is as thick as ever. Luckily I didn't have problems with exceptional periods but I had terrible hot flushes and panic attacks. I also suffered a bit from depression but the flushes and panic attacks which were the worst.

I didn't go down the HRT route but did find homeopathic sage drops helped a bit. I think it was the unrelenting years and years of it which was so hard, don't believe the 5 years and it will be all over shite. Mine lasted 15 years and I still get the odd one.

I count myself lucky that I didn't have more than a couple of symptoms as I know if I had more I would have gone for HRT.
Without HRT I doubt if I would have been able to work in a demanding job. I am single and had to support myself. I have just stopped work aged 62 (lucky me) and now have a partner but I am the main provider (perhaps not so lucky me)

Latest posts

Back