QVC has threatened to closed my account!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maddon

Registered Shopper
I have today recd a letter form qvc stating I am returning too many items and if I continue they may be forced to close my account!!! Apparently they have a returns policy limit of 50% of order and I have
Returned 55% of my orders in the last 12 months. I have been with QVC for over 10 years and was wondering if anyone else has received anything else lime this
Regards
Xx

I think there was a thread about this before, started by someone who was in the same position as you. Since then, I have returned two items and wondered how close I'm getting to "the letter"
Of course, such a letter makes a mockery about everything presenters say about returning goods etc.

I remember we tried to workout if it was over the whole time you had been with QVC? So its actually 12 months.

The famous LETTER, used to say be more careful never they would close your account. Never had it myself but then I don't order much these days.

I get these quite regularly - expecting one any time soon as I am returning not 50% but 100% of the Veronese pieces I ordered. I just grovel and carry on as normal.

not really bothered, but do like to buy South Western Silver and Laura Geller, so would miss that, but not much else.

I've not had the letter, but I rarely order anything from them nowadays (thanks to this forum.) Having spent thousands with them over the few years, since I've had freeview,:blush: , I'm surprised they haven't written asking where my custom has gone. :thinking: :wink:

I certainly think they need to get their act together though because 'rewarding' loyal customers, with what is verging on a being a threatening letter, is hardly conducive to a company which boasts about their returns policy. :headbang:

I hope you get it sorted out.

I've never had "the letter" either, but like others, I don't order much.

The last thing I ordered was an Eternal stainless steel ring which I kept & the last TSV I had was Ojon & I won't be ordering that again.

I have today recd a letter form qvc stating I am returning too many items and if I continue they may be forced to close my account!!! Apparently they have a returns policy limit of 50% of order and I have
Returned 55% of my orders in the last 12 months. I have been with QVC for over 10 years and was wondering if anyone else has received anything else lime this
Regards
Xx

so stop taking the **** with the 30 day MBG and everything will be fine, Simples..

I wonder if this returns % refers only to items returned under the 30 day mbg or includes items returned under the DSR which are unused and can be re-sold. I agree with Burlz that customers who persist in using goods and then returning them within the 30 days are taking advantage, but I know of no other company who would penalize or threaten their customers for returning 100% of goods ordered under the DSR if they felt necessary. With clothing in particular, this is no different to trying clothes on in store and deciding that they don't suit/fit, and then returning them to the rail.

I've never had it and have ordered loads this year. I must get a grip. I have liked most of the stuff I've had luckily.

I would draw up a letter to them warning them that if they persist in sending me tat and things that are not suitable I will take my business elsewhere. Over 50% of the stuff you have sent me is of substandard quality etc etc.

Two can play that game!

Its a shame that a minoritybof customers who do take the michael with the 30 day mbg spoil it for others who have genuine reasons for returning items. I would say though that at least with QVC you do have the mbg unlike the majority of traders both on line and off who offer between 7 and 14 which means that especially with skincare you get chance to try it properly before sending it back. Having said that personally the only things I would send back would be clothing amd then that would be straight away you know straight away if the quality/fit isnt what you expected.
Maybe QVC should only have a 30 day mbg for skincare with everythimg else being the more usual 7/14 days.
I very rarely send stuff back but then I always think before I buy and dont fall for the sales patter.

I wonder if this returns % refers only to items returned under the 30 day mbg or includes items returned under the DSR which are unused and can be re-sold. I agree with Burlz that customers who persist in using goods and then returning them within the 30 days are taking advantage, but I know of no other company who would penalize or threaten their customers for returning 100% of goods ordered under the DSR if they felt necessary. With clothing in particular, this is no different to trying clothes on in store and deciding that they don't suit/fit, and then returning them to the rail.

A friend of mine used to use Freemans Catalogue some years ago and was also told that they stopped her account.

By the same token, and this all has been said before too, if they go on and on about their 30 MGB then that is what they should do, OR actually mention once in a while that the 30 MBG is subject to conditions

Last edited:
so stop taking the **** with the 30 day MBG and everything will be fine, Simples..

I don't think that's true Burlz. :down:

If QVC send the wrong item it still counts as "a return".

If QVC send you a broken item it still counts against you as "a return".

If the item such as a tv or computer stops working after 6 months and you have to purchase packaging at your own expense and take a day off work for the faulty item to be collected it still counts against you as "a return".

If a cosmetic product brings you out in a rash every cosmetic retailer in the land would take a return and refund, why should QVC be any different?

That still counts against you as "a return".

If QVC get the sizing wrong on the website and on air, so the item doesn't fit you when it arrives despite you ordering what you thought was your correct size that still counts against you as "a return".

If QVC lied on air - and the lamp doesn't have three different light settings, or the powder doesn't suit every skintone, or the fabric does cling and show cellulite bumps - it still counts against you as "a return".

If the brand has changed its foundation colours with this new product and the shade you usually order isn't the right shade for you, but they didn't say anything on air - so you ordered your usual shade, along with thousands of others, and have to send it back, that still counts against you as "a return".

If a product just plain doesn't live up to the hype. You've used far superior products for far less money so you return it under the 30 day Money Back Guarantee as the presenter said you should if you weren't happy (several times during the presentation of the item) - that counts against you as "a return".

If you believe the presenters tell the truth and you take them at their word that you can return anything that you're not happy with since you haven't been able to see it in real life, try it on your skin, smell it, touch it, try it on, etc then you are more likely to get The Letter.

You do thousands of honest and honourable QVC customers a disservice with your simplistic theory Burlz.

I haven't sent anything back in years. The sent the wrong option of the L'Occitane TSV recently and replaced it. I had an Elemis TSV with a faulty pump on the cream cleanser and I was advised to send it back to Elemis which I did. I rang Customer Services and complained and they refunded me for the kit, sent a replacement one, and I got a replacement cleanser from Elemis.

I don't think that's true Burlz. :down:

If QVC send the wrong item it still counts as "a return".

If QVC send you a broken item it still counts against you as "a return".

If the item such as a tv or computer stops working after 6 months and you have to purchase packaging at your own expense and take a day off work for the faulty item to be collected it still counts against you as "a return".

If a cosmetic product brings you out in a rash every cosmetic retailer in the land would take a return and refund, why should QVC be any different?

That still counts against you as "a return".

If QVC get the sizing wrong on the website and on air, so the item doesn't fit you when it arrives despite you ordering what you thought was your correct size that still counts against you as "a return".

If QVC lied on air - and the lamp doesn't have three different light settings, or the powder doesn't suit every skintone, or the fabric does cling and show cellulite bumps - it still counts against you as "a return".

If the brand has changed its foundation colours with this new product and the shade you usually order isn't the right shade for you, but they didn't say anything on air - so you ordered your usual shade, along with thousands of others, and have to send it back, that still counts against you as "a return".

If a product just plain doesn't live up to the hype. You've used far superior products for far less money so you return it under the 30 day Money Back Guarantee as the presenter said you should if you weren't happy (several times during the presentation of the item) - that counts against you as "a return".

If you believe the presenters tell the truth and you take them at their word that you can return anything that you're not happy with since you haven't been able to see it in real life, try it on your skin, smell it, touch it, try it on, etc then you are more likely to get The Letter.

You do thousands of honest and honourable QVC customers a disservice with your simplistic theory Burlz.

And if you order something that never turns up, you ring them get a form to fill in, send it back so you can have a refund of your money for something you never, ever had, it counts as a return.

It's a business, not a philanthropic society. If it were your business and people were buying stuff and returning half of it you'd draw the line at some point. Thats what they're doing and I think it's perfectly justified. I buy a lot and send my share back but i dont buy "on the offchance" of liking something and my return rate nowhere near gets to 50%. If it did, and I felt that was due to mis- selling or bad quality items I'd ring and have a discussion about it. If they weren't prepared to listen then I'd shop elsewhere. We all know hat a lot of people DO take the **** with the MBG because that's just what some people are like. There's no point getting shirty about it when you finally get rumbled.

Latest posts

Back