QVC has threatened to closed my account!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That is quite offensive Burlz, and does not apply to all of us. Agreed, QVC have the right to close accounts. BUT as we have all said many times before, it is the presenters urging you on to try something, or order 2/3 of the same item to see which one you like, that is what is so wrong. they never ever mention there is a limit on how much you can return. that is the problem.

So does this over 50% thing mean that if I were to order just three things in a year and send two of them back I would get The Letter? I wonder....:smirk:

So does this over 50% thing mean that if I were to order just three things in a year and send two of them back I would get The Letter? I wonder....:smirk:

Yep, apparently thats it. Never mind that you might send something back because it has been used, or they send the wrong colour option, size, incomplete kits. Burlyz - please take note that these all count as returns, ... so not everyone is taking the mick! I really thought that comment of yours was way out of order

Personally if I had a letter threatening to close my account I'd save them the bother and close it myself and tell um to stuff it

no of course you wouldnt, because that wouldnt constitute p*ss-taking.

Its the professional "use and return" brigade theyre wanting to stop. i dont know why some people are so affronted by my comments, if youre not guilty of this then its not aimed at you. innocent people are bound to get caught up in the crossfire of this. anyone would think you had guilty consciences :happy:

As for presenters saying buy 10 and send them all back, well someone WOULD be able to that once in a while with no recriminations. its when youre doing it every 5 minutes that it becomes a problem. i mean, pinkpussycat for example, buying everything pink, laptops, hard drives, saucepans, flannel sheets, breezies knickers, prancing about in front of the mirror for 3 weeks and THEN deciding they were the wrong shade of pink... not surprised SHE got the letter! (god she's going to kill me for this :sweat: )

Anyway, to summarise, there are several things that annoy me about QVC such as blatantly sending out used/soiled goods. This isnt one of them.

no of course you wouldnt, because that wouldnt constitute p*ss-taking.

Its the professional "use and return" brigade theyre wanting to stop. i dont know why some people are so affronted by my comments, if youre not guilty of this then its not aimed at you. innocent people are bound to get caught up in the crossfire of this. anyone would think you had guilty consciences :happy:

As for presenters saying buy 10 and send them all back, well someone WOULD be able to that once in a while with no recriminations. its when youre doing it every 5 minutes that it becomes a problem. i mean, pinkpussycat for example, buying everything pink, laptops, hard drives, saucepans, flannel sheets, breezies knickers, prancing about in front of the mirror for 3 weeks and THEN deciding they were the wrong shade of pink... not surprised SHE got the letter! (god she's going to kill me for this :sweat: )

Anyway, to summarise, there are several things that annoy me about QVC such as blatantly sending out used/soiled goods. This isnt one of them.

and dont ask why PPC wants to prance around in front of the mirror wearing a saucepan...ok?

We had a thread about this recently and a few people did confess to buying stuff with the intention of using it and then returning it for a refund. I'm sure that if you bought 3 things in 12 months and returned 2 you wouldn't get the letter. If you bought 30 items and returned 20 then i suspect you would.

I hope I don't get the letter. Think of all the return postage I would have paid for nowt!

To be honest though I really don't return that much and if I knew I was buying and sending back over half of what I was buying I would be seriously looking at my shopping habits. There's only so many times you can buy items that are sub standard without questioning why you continue to buy.

I try to be careful about what I buy. The MBG is great but it isn't a licence to try before you buy. I know some feel that the presenters are encouraging this behaviour but it's my decision what to buy and when.

i mean, pinkpussycat for example, buying everything pink, laptops, hard drives, saucepans, flannel sheets, breezies knickers, prancing about in front of the mirror for 3 weeks and THEN deciding they were the wrong shade of pink... not surprised SHE got the letter! (god she's going to kill me for this :sweat: )
How do you fancy wearing your b***** as earrings?? :tongue:

to avoid the letter i stick to buying high street brands that i know the quality of.
my experience is that there is a lot of hype surrounding qvc own brands that are of a much less quality than the high street. i am quite fussy so know that i will return
oodles of stuff!

I have today recd a letter form qvc stating I am returning too many items and if I continue they may be forced to close my account!!! Apparently they have a returns policy limit of 50% of order and I have
Returned 55% of my orders in the last 12 months. I have been with QVC for over 10 years and was wondering if anyone else has received anything else lime this
Regards
Xx

Hi all, maybe I should have clarified what items I have be buying! I normally only by Decleor products and the run up to Christmas normally go to town buying other beauty products as presents. But for some reason have been sucked into some of their clothing range - tianna B and ronnie Nicole, it is these items that I have returned - I have not worn them other than trying them on and they have been returned within days of receiving them and the reason for return is the sizing is way out, faulty or in a couple off cases the items smelling of perfume. I agree that the MBG can be abused by some people who would buy products use or wear for 20 days then return, but believe me I am not one off them. Thanks for all your input

And if you order something that never turns up, you ring them get a form to fill in, send it back so you can have a refund of your money for something you never, ever had, it counts as a return.

I recently had a fairly expensive Tiffany Lamp not to show up and they marked it as 'Returned' in my account. I am going to send another email to CS as I don't want it recorded as returned since I cannot return something I never received. Never got an explanation as to what happened to the lamp.

I believe the form that QVC sends out that you sign supposely giving them permission to investigate the situation is deceptive. I believe you, the customer, are really signing a form stating that you are not making a false claim. A bit sceptical but I've been stewing over this for a few weeks now. Surely a vendor/retailer doesn't need permission of the purchaser to investigate where they have failed in delivering an ordered item. They are the ones who control the entire process from presentation, purchase procedure, stock and delivery, not the buyer.

I recently had a fairly expensive Tiffany Lamp not to show up and they marked it as 'Returned' in my account. I am going to send another email to CS as I don't want it recorded as returned since I cannot return something I never received. Never got an explanation as to what happened to the lamp.

I believe the form that QVC sends out that you sign supposely giving them permission to investigate the situation is deceptive. I believe you, the customer, are really signing a form stating that you are not making a false claim. A bit sceptical but I've been stewing over this for a few weeks now. Surely a vendor/retailer doesn't need permission of the purchaser to investigate where they have failed in delivering an ordered item. They are the ones who control the entire process from presentation, purchase procedure, stock and delivery, not the buyer.

of course it is. its a scare tactic.

Unfortunately it will show as a 'return'. I had an item not arrive last christmas after all the snow and about a month later I got a refund and it showed as returned. I emailed them saying it wasn't a return etc and asking for it to be recorded as not delivered and they said they had no way of recording that.

It's wrong but with QVC a lot of things are simply 'computer says no!'

Unfortunately it will show as a 'return'. I had an item not arrive last christmas after all the snow and about a month later I got a refund and it showed as returned. I emailed them saying it wasn't a return etc and asking for it to be recorded as not delivered and they said they had no way of recording that.

It's wrong but with QVC a lot of things are simply 'computer says no!'

Thanks Frou-frou ... well, it could say something other than Returned like Not Delivered as you suggested--if QVC wanted it to! I still think I will email them voicing my opinion as it will make me feel better.

Hi all, maybe I should have clarified what items I have be buying! I normally only by Decleor products and the run up to Christmas normally go to town buying other beauty products as presents. But for some reason have been sucked into some of their clothing range - tianna B and ronnie Nicole, it is these items that I have returned - I have not worn them other than trying them on and they have been returned within days of receiving them and the reason for return is the sizing is way out, faulty or in a couple off cases the items smelling of perfume. I agree that the MBG can be abused by some people who would buy products use or wear for 20 days then return, but believe me I am not one off them. Thanks for all your input

This is what worries me Maddon. Customers like us who return clothes etc. under the DSR in an unworn condition (which I believe is inevitable and quite acceptable when dealing with clothing, there is no way you can tell if something is going to fit/suit you until you try it on) are being treated the same way as those who use and abuse the 30 day mbg. QVC should be looking for reasons for return and not just percentages. I've never had the "letter" but often worry about ordering something in case I have to send it back and will be reprimanded for doing so.

Like i said previously I think the answer is for QVC to offer a shorter MBG period in line with other on line clothing retailers. If your buying clothing of course you dont know if its going to fit until you try it but having seen soom of the stuff they flog off at the outlets its very clear that there are an awful lot of people out there who are NOT just trying things on before returning them, unfortunatly QVC is at the end of the day a buisness there to make money and will have to look at peoples accounts to see how much they are returning. Personally i dont think clothing should be included in their calculations and should be treated seperatly with say a 14 day MBG that is more than long enough to know if something fits and is suitable.
You can bet the abusers of the system know exactly what they are doing and dont receive "the letter"

And if you order something that never turns up, you ring them get a form to fill in, send it back so you can have a refund of your money for something you never, ever had, it counts as a return.

Absolutely. I forgot that one! :flower:

so stop taking the **** with the 30 day MBG and everything will be fine, Simples..

It's not that simple though is it? You can't tar everyone with the same brush.

When you say this Burlz, it sounds as if you think that everybody who gets the letter has been taking the wotsit with the MBG.

When we all know that's not necessarily true.

You're extrapolating from the particular (Someone you may have heard of who does take the pee) to the general (Tens of thousands of people who have received the Letter without taking the pee.)

The point that I was trying to make is that even if QVC is at fault for the return it still counts against the customer as part of their Returns Total. They don't read our returns slips and they don't log our reasons for return.

As far as I can tell goods returned within 14 days unused are not logged separately even though they are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations.

However, I still don't think trying things out at home is taking the pee.

How else are you supposed to know if a foundation colour and texture works on your skintone, or a perfume smells nice with your body chemistry without trying it?

QVC shouldn't sell make up, skincare and fragrance if they object to people using the 30 day money back guarantee, because the only reason anybody buys make up, skincare and fragrance off the tv is because of the 30 day money back guarantee.

Very few people would order perfume without knowing they could return perfumes that reacted with their skin chemistry to create cat's pee, or foundations that looked like the man in the Tangoed ad.

If a guest or presenter says on air you'll definitely see results within your 30 days, but if you don't. send it back - then I don't think it's wrong of people to send it back if they don't see the promised results.

One of my friends orders every single new beauty product that QVC stock. Everything. She's in the post office a couple of times a week returning things. She's never had The Letter. She's always invited to customer events, she's on panels. They make a fortune out of her, so they don't care about the returns.

My customer account on QVC has a return every few pages, hers has 3-6 returns per page. On The last Mally TSV the on air shade advice was so unclear she ordered three different colours tried them all and returned two. She's been doing this for a decade or more now.

You can't generalise.

P.S. The "friend" isn't me - I promise! :giggle:

We had a thread about this recently and a few people did confess to buying stuff with the intention of using it and then returning it for a refund. I'm sure that if you bought 3 things in 12 months and returned 2 you wouldn't get the letter. If you bought 30 items and returned 20 then i suspect you would.

Really !! Thats disgraceful. I have actually just spoke with CS about this & have been informed that the reason people get the warning is because they send back so much stuff. I drew to her attention what the presenters say & have told her that it was time they changed the spiel as its very misleading. I suggested perhaps flagging something up on screen warning people.

She drew my attention to this in their T&C's.

9.3 It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customers statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance with their terms.

Latest posts

Back