QVC on Christmas Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Christmas Eve's were fun when Antony Heywood was around, cauae as far as I remember he usually did the Christmas Eve shift, and would present in his own clothes between 9 and 11 lets say, then he would get into a Santa outfit, and co presenter with him, would normally dress up as well, and they invited texts in, and personal messages.

In glad to see the back of 2012 to be honest. My Nan has been in and out of hospital with falls/heart trouble and the like, my pitiful excuse of a mother has continued to treat me as something she stepped in, only encourage by her new husband who is only 6 years older than me and for some reason can't stand me, and makes this fact known. I've been bullied by a very nasty woman for most of the year, making my mental health problems ten times worse and increasing my self harming tendencies. (My right arm is currently in ribbons) and I have been in and out of hospital myself for suspected clots on the lung. Thankfully turning out to be false alarms. Oh and to top off a fabulous year, some teenager last week decided to message us to let us know that my husband may be her Dad. So now we have legal costs and a pain in the backside ex one night stand to deal with.

So as far as I'm concerned, 2012 can piss off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh bless, what a terrible year indeed, I'm sending you my wishes for a better 2013. I'm being nosey now but who are the 4 lovely munchkins in your avatar ?

Linda xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

youd be surprised what i find on that day!!

just you make sure to share your finds with us miserable women - at say 7pm Christmas Day evening - we can all log on together, have a chat, a virtual (virtuous ?) mince pie and spend some money. I might even break open my 10 year old bottle of Gordon's Gin (note to self - buy some tonic water and make some ice cubes).

Linda xx

It really does motivate me. I could never have dreamed of handing my children to my parent when they were 6 weeks old but apparently it didn't bother her...my worst fear is my children thinking they are unlovable like I always (and still do) believe.

don't ever think that sparkles - don't let her have that power over you. she must be a very bitter unhappy woman herself and is missing out on her child and presumably grandchildren. you are the one with a nice little family unit :) (((hugs)))

Christmas Eve's were fun when Antony Heywood was around, cauae as far as I remember he usually did the Christmas Eve shift, and would present in his own clothes between 9 and 11 lets say, then he would get into a Santa outfit, and co presenter with him, would normally dress up as well, and they invited texts in, and personal messages.

Anthony was a one-off and unfortunately they broke the mould after him. If only he would come back (sighs).

Linda xx

i agree, anthony was great fun :) i really hope they show the charlie/dale show though. trouble is, it's so obvious, there's probably no chance.

I`ll be online Christmas night because the Marks n Spencer sale usually begins at midnight on Christmas Day and I always wait up for that. I take a half size in shoes and Marks is one of the few places to do half sizes so I like to see which shoes they have in their sale.

I'll be online all over xmas. It's just another day! The only difference is being off work and all the food :D

I also hate NYE. Hubby and I have never been out together on this night in 8 years of marriage.

Previous years I worked (waitress) or, previous again, went into Cardiff - which I never enjoyed!!

Now it's like an average Saturday night. We cook a really nice meal, drink and watch a blockbuster dvd we've had for xmas - probably the new Batman this year as we watched the first one on the same night when that came out!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

oh bless, what a terrible year indeed, I'm sending you my wishes for a better 2013. I'm being nosey now but who are the 4 lovely munchkins in your avatar ?

Linda xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saul is top left, he's Noah's twin ( Noah's bottom right) they're 2 :). Then my beautiful princess Lydia who's 8 and then there's James who's 6.

They're my pride and joy :D <3 <3 xxx

just you make sure to share your finds with us miserable women - at say 7pm Christmas Day evening - we can all log on together, have a chat, a virtual (virtuous ?) mince pie and spend some money. I might even break open my 10 year old bottle of Gordon's Gin (note to self - buy some tonic water and make some ice cubes).

Linda xx
That sounds like a lovely idea - 7pm in 'The Drop'? don't eat all the nibbles if I'm 5 minutes late
:mysmilie_378:

Sazza, would it be an idea to move some of this thread into 'The Drop' in order to protect Sparkles26's anonimity?

That sounds like a lovely idea - 7pm in 'The Drop'? don't eat all the nibbles if I'm 5 minutes late
:mysmilie_378:

i don't think the drop is a good idea cos it would exclude some people. i'm sure sazza would let us break the rules and have a not necessarily qvc themed thread on xmas day.

I'm working all Christmas Day and Boxing day--12 hour shifts, but will be on here when I get home at night, so it's nice to know others will be too.

Christmas morning I`ll Skype with my grandchildren, then I`ll cook when I feel like it and we`ll eat when its ready. This year I have my youngest son coming to us for Christmas because him and his girlfriend have just split up ( her idea, not his ) after 5 years living together so he`s a tad down in the dumps. He and hubby no 2 can keep each other company over a box of chocolates whilst I mooch around online. Youngest son can talk a glass eye to sleep so they`ll have plenty to talk about.

Linda xx

hehe il keep something for that very special occasion then? mite even go shopping for an outfit hehe

Linda xx

This reminded my of an aunt of mine, sadly no longer with us. She was moving house and so we were helping clear out the 40plus years of accumulated stuff. My dad came across a bottle of Gordon's gin, and as the only gin drinker in the family it was given to me. But when I opened it to have a wee drink, it had turned brown! God only knows how long it had sat in the 'drinks cabinet' :giggle: so maybe you should checks yours before Christmas Day!

that'll be my Dad (looks a bit like him!) - he won't go away with my sister, he won't come to us, saying he prefers to stay at home - that means just us 2, or 3 or 4 - depending on whether DD's at boyfriend's or he's here...when I think of the Xmases we used to have tho, when both mums were alive and we'd go to my sister's one day and I'd have them all here the other day, it was merry right enough! Here's to absent loved ones & friends...

Latest posts

Back