Have QVC Stopped Christmas in July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Must admit I`ve ordered a couple of Christmas gifts but only because the website sent me a discount code and it was also free delivery. It`s from a site called Glover and Smith who handmake all kinds of small gifts so I ordered 2 bookmarks for people who already have everything but who I know read a lot. The code BTW is JUL22 if anybody wants it. Valid until the 31st July.

One of the movies channels on free view is showing Xmas movies at the moment in ad breaks Xmas trees to buy.
Bit early for Christmas movies
I used to love watching the films while making cards or doing the tree but when hubby retired it was a big no no
Don’t watch shopping channels anymore as they don’t have the excitement of the early days when I would stay up for the TSV

Overpriced and some familiar tat today,Andi Peters next more expensive popcorn 🍿( insert other products here ) and £5.95 postage charges.
Last year they had a special offer on hotel chocolate hubby was about to buy a few sets for gifts
Neighbour said the company is only down the road
So we took a 15 min drive
They had a little shop at the side
We picked out a few collections and they worked out just over half the price qvc were charging

Years ago I used to love the Christmas in July and all the Christmas shows. I have some lovely things I have bought over the years. But watching it today everything is just too tacky for words and is all the stuff that didn't sell last year. Total crap I'm afraid. The Range usually has a much better choice and much better prices. In fact B & M's usually have some lovely lights. Am off to put kettle on and stop watching this drivvel.
The Range has some beautiful tree ornaments and they are so cheap.
They are all displayed in colour order. I try but can't resist to get a couple every year.
I have a 7 ft tree for the lounge and a smaller one in the conservatory. I hate dark nights and love Christmas with the lights etc.

There’s no way I’d order the food because it’s overpriced. Also, if I did want it, I wouldn't want to wait for months to get it.

I’ve dipped in and out of QVC today and there’s hardly anything new in any of the shows. 🙄 I think I’ll do my shopping nearer the time from my preferred website.

Last year they had a special offer on hotel chocolate hubby was about to buy a few sets for gifts
We picked out a few collections and they worked out just over half the price qvc were charging
Ooh, my mum lives a couple of roads away from the York Rd (?) headquarters.
I never knew they had a shop on the side….I shall have to let her know.

I think the headquarters is in Royston - or it used to be...
Didn’t know they had a shop there?

But pre Covid,my mum and her friend headed up to Huntington where they have a factory and there was a factory shop where they had bags of chocolate which was really good value and delicious :)
She got me a milk and nut based one which is my favourite combo!

I watched half an hour of the food show with superstar Andi Peters (not). Sausage rolls for £30 plus 5.95 postage!! Really?? If you want posh sausage rolls just nip to Marks and pay a lot less. And then there was a meringue "hamper" for £ 48 plus postage!! Ridiculous prices imo. It's all the same old. And don't even get me started on Abbey and her Christmas trees🙄

I love Christmas I’ve made and frozen the mince pies made the cake🎂
Made and written out all my cards
And got the decorations down from the loft 🎄

Just kidding 🤣
Thank goodness, far too early 😁
Stir up days are in October, from memory. My mum had a big orange washing up bowl used exclusively for all the Christmas treats. I regret to this day that I don't have her mincemeat recipe, or her knack with pastry. We used to get through industrial quantities of dried fruit, suet and booze for mincemeat, Christmas puds and Christmas cake. We had that bowl on the go for the whole of October as each lot of dried had to be macerated before mixing then doused some more while mixing. Everything was stored in a dedicated cupboard. Mincemeat in the saved and sterilised jars from a year's worth of jam, marmalade, chutney and pickles. Puds only put up after they'd had their preliminary boil. Only the cake stayed out, resplendent in a coat of marzipan and a carapace of royal icing.
My brother and I would put on the Christmas ornaments before the icing dried and set on that cake.

Latest posts

Back