QVC Quality control?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
What's happening at Q towers ? Someone. Has taken their eye off the quality control ball. Two of my recent purchases have arrived damaged. This has never happened before and makes me wary of buying more jewellery and fragile items in future. Has anyone else noticed this too?

It's very hit and miss, Weathergirl just posted that she was sent someone else's jeggings order with their paperwork and I just received an article of clothing which I know are a customer return (the packaging and sticky label with 2 barcodes is the giveaway sign) another sign is the fact someone tried it on and split the stitching; and finally the third sign is they're the wrong size i.e. not the same size as the packaging indicates nor the size I ordered! I don't mind QVC reselling returns provided they invest some manhours in inspecting them when they're repackaged.

We have had some shocking items arrive in the past. Especially clothing that has clearly been worn because of damage, missing parts or labels or things found in pockets. The last jacket mum bought actually had a label inside the parcel saying it had been opened at random and checked by quality control. I don't think that was entirely at random! Either way, QVC shouldn't be reselling clothing as new when they encourage viewers to buy and wear then send back after the event if it wasn't right. If, like me, you complain enough about it perhaps they can put alerts on accounts to check output more thoroughly!

I recieved someone elses Leighto Denny, instead of BAre minerals recently.

My Yon Kin was very badly packaged but as it was a TSV I assume it was not a return, otherwise I would have had doubts.
It was just rolled up in a ball in a badly sealed thin plastic bag without any labels, does this ring any alarm bells with anyone?

My Yon Kin was very badly packaged but as it was a TSV I assume it was not a return, otherwise I would have had doubts.
It was just rolled up in a ball in a badly sealed thin plastic bag without any labels, does this ring any alarm bells with anyone?

Maybe they were demonstrating the ease of packing whilst travelling referring to the 'non iron' look :mysmilie_13:
Seriously though, how QVC can ever be rated second to John Lewis is a joke, I have never experienced probs with clothing or any item from JL, Asos or H Nicks, on the deplorable scale of Q
Im surprised QVC even makes top 10

Maybe they were demonstrating the ease of packing whilst travelling referring to the 'non iron' look :mysmilie_13:
Seriously though, how QVC can ever be rated second to John Lewis is a joke, I have never experienced probs with clothing or any item from JL, Asos or H Nicks, on the deplorable scale of Q
I agree with you about JL and ASOS they are always on the ball, what's going on with QVC ? Celebrating second place mediocrity.....I dunno all I seem to do is complain and moan about them lately, I must stop watching and sending them my money.

I recieved someone elses Leighto Denny, instead of BAre minerals recently.

This sort of thing is very poor indeed, it's basically breaching the data protection act because the receipt will have all if the other persons info on.
If it happened to me I'd be coming down on QVC like a tonne of bricks.

My last order from JL had someone elses details in the box - how can that happen.

i ordered elemis frangipan body scrub and received a cleansing gel rang customer care they did send me a pre paid sticker to return the goods but wouldn't send me a replacement until they received the goods back and as i wanted it for a gift i was a bit cross and went to shop and bought one.then i received elemis TSV and when i opened it no procollagen cream in it again rang i did receive one but it took ages for it to arrive luckily i had enough to keep me going but its not good

I recently received a jar of Prai neck cream instead of the a Kipling bag I ordered. Anyone with half a brain could tell that the tiny box it came in could never contain the large handbag. It wasn't someone else's paperwork though, the invoice was for the bag that wasn't in the parcel.

Just yesterday I received a Laura Geller make up kit, the box was bashed but inside the make up had been used only 3/4 of spackle , you could see the powders had been used too, very disappointing.Hopefully they will refund promptly.

Just yesterday I received a Laura Geller make up kit, the box was bashed but inside the make up had been used only 3/4 of spackle , you could see the powders had been used too, very disappointing.Hopefully they will refund promptly.

Disgraceful, and decidedly unhygienic.

That's appalling !!!
Makes you think it's best only to order makeup that's "new today" or a TSV.

I've previously had LE instead of Emma H.

I've recently returned a Tova ring (that came back into stock in my size very briefly and then disappeared immediately I put the order in - alarm bells should have rung then!). It was a channel set but caught on my jumper so I asked my jeweller to have a closer look. He confirmed it had been knocked about a bit (though the scratches and scuffs could only really be seen through a loupe), and his concern was that the stones were likely to fall out sooner rather than later. He did say it was beautifully made, though.

I also returned a Lisa Snowdon i.d. bracelet - the diamonds, though tiny, were set out of line. I couldn't see what was wrong, but could feel them so again took a trip to my local jeweller. He showed me how badly set the diamonds were so it went back. He commented how badly made this one was!

Thank goodness for my jeweller - my eyesight's going downhill faster than an Olympic skier!

Disgraceful, and decidedly unhygienic.

Never mind that, it's also against the law in the UK for retailers to resell cosmetics. They should ALL be binned if they are returned, regardless of usage, you cannot take the risk. I used to work for MAC and anything that was returned went straight in a bin, seemed like such a waste, but that's just the way it is.

Never mind that, it's also against the law in the UK for retailers to resell cosmetics. They should ALL be binned if they are returned, regardless of usage, you cannot take the risk. I used to work for MAC and anything that was returned went straight in a bin, seemed like such a waste, but that's just the way it is.

I did not know that. If it happens to me I shall make that point to CS and see what they have to say for themselves.

Latest posts

Back