QVC service/customer care.. I ordered skincare and got a teddy bear!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucia

Registered Shopper
Hello,
Sorry I'm afraid I tend to lurk rather than post but I just needed to moan!
Today I just received a lovely Charlie Bears bear from QVC....problem is it wasn't what I ordered (I ordered Alpha H) and while the outer pack was addressed to me the invoice inside was to a lady called Lucy (so if you are on here Lucy C and have ordered a charlie Bear called 'Tickle' he's lovely and soon on his way back to QVC!).

Now tempted as I was to keep the bear, I am on a budget so he had to go back so I called QVC to sort it out.

Spoke to someone who clearly was having a bad day given his attitude (too many complaints maybe!?), who told me there are mix ups happening at the warehouse but that t hey were 'working on it' as an 'ongoing problem'! Has anyone else had this happen?

He arranged for the bear to be collected and to resend me my order - so having waited nearly a week I now have to wait yet another 3- 5 working days to get my order and there was no way to get it to me faster. Now given the cost of postage from QVC and the time it takes (which to me seems bizarre given other companies provide a much better service for less money!) I was less than pleased. He eventually said he would refund my postage....anyone know how long that is likely to take?

I've not ordered much from QVC for a while as I could get what I wanted elsewhere at similar or better prices and cheaper postage but the set I saw tempted me so I ordered it.......have to say I now remember why I stopped ordering when I used to be a loyal QVC customer. :(

Anyway sorry to come on here just to complain, just wanted to warn others that this is apparently an ongoing issue at QVC.

Moan away Lucia. This seems to be happening all too regularly. At least you got a cheerful Charlie Bear by mistake. It could have been something far worse, such as a pelvic toner or a box of bird seed. To this day I don`t know how Q were voted second to John Lewis !

This isn't unusual, and all the more worrying that it continues to happen.
As I've said before, this is a major breach of the data protection act! You have someone's name, address, account details, all someone savvy would need to get more details like card numbers etc.
If this ever happened to me I would be going much higher to complain than Q! Someone is out there with your details, it's a major data breach.

I think you did well to get the postage refunded Lucia! Recently I got a NN duvet set instead of some Yankee Candles but the lady I spoke with was very nice and polite and we just did the collection and new delivery, and I failed to ask for a refund of anything. They never offer anything like that though, do they? Mind you I reckon JLP are pretty tight when it comes to parting with money. Given that the box I received clearly showed its item number I fail to see how anyone could have made the mistake if they were paying any attention to their job!

Some of the picking in the warehouse is probably by robot and if an item has been put in the wrong location, the robot will not know. Also the staff may just be given an item number and not a description.

Notice how you never get a LG bag instead of a stocking filler torch. Hands up who would trot out the unsolicited goods legalisation?

Wonder who got your order as I'm sure it wasn't Lucy, so this error has a domino effect- could be dozens of people.

Not with QVC but I had the same thing happen with Amazon......3 times!!

Kept getting an Arsenal towel instead of a Tigger cushion :mysmilie_15:

Gave up in the end.

As someone else said, if an item is put in the wrong place, it will KEEP getting picked, until someone puts the correct item in the correct place.

i have often found when ever speaking with Q's customer service if you get a man they are always rude, maybe he's the only man there? not sure, i know this is wrong but i've taken to hanging up if a man answers and then calling back - thats if i actually call, i hate having to call, they're not at all helpful and rush you through the issues just to get you off the phone, even if that means lying to you - thats what i found out.

I have always had good service from CS.However last week I complained directly to the CEO because I had ordered 2 Elemis TSVS and they were returned undelivered. Apparently because, as I live in Spain, it was over the regulation limits. I complained, because I felt my order should not have neen accepted in the first place. A fríend, also in Spain, ordered one and received it. Anyway I am now on waitlist and the CEO who replied (straight away) has discounted the postage as it was their fault. So I think their CS is very good. Remains to be seen if I receive the Elemis though!

Is it good service if you have to complain the the CEO? I'm not sure.

I received someone's Kim & Co item (wrong size for me sadly) about 3 months ago. CS are sending me a label to return it in...about 50+ working days it would seem. I also queried the data protection implications of receiving someone else's invoice (and she mine I presume) and was promised the CEO office would contact me within 48 hours to discuss my concerns. 48+ days later? Not a sausage! So if they don't send me a label by the time there's another Kimmy TSV I'll whack said item on ebay...thanks for the free advert QVC nothing sells QVC tat on ebay like a brand's TSV!

Bah! Humbug!

Thanks all, its worrying that this is happening so often - and more so that they seem oblivious and completely unconcerned about the breach of the data protection act caused by sending random peoples details out with the incorrect orders.

It remains to be seen whether I actually get the P&P back, there's no indication on the replacement order - it still includes it!

For some reason I don't have a reply option for your post loveallthingsitalian but you had me giggling. I wonder how soon qvc would be on the phone to us if that happened.

Just imagine if someone working for Q had a mega gripe with them and went around the warehouse mixing up stock numbers and moving things from shelf to shelf. Every time you ordered something it would be like a tombola lol

Just imagine if someone working for Q had a mega gripe with them and went around the warehouse mixing up stock numbers and moving things from shelf to shelf. Every time you ordered something it would be like a tombola lol

You jest, but maybe that's what HAS happened?!?! :mysmilie_15:

I ordered 2 pairs of the last Skechers, one pair black and one white. The black ones arrived ok but in the other box was a pair of plastic Birkies not even in my size! I phoned and arranged a courier collection but of course the white Skechers I really wanted had sold out. The CS agent seemed to imply that this was happening a lot.

Latest posts

Back