Radley Bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I watched this show with Julia - hasn't she got worse over the years? So full of her own importance an d still being girly, she must be nearing sixty by now.

Anyway my point is, this show was such a con. i loved one of the bags at a special Q price. I am about to buy it from the Radley website where the price is the same. Yes, the Q price is lower but when you add in p&p it is the same, as it is free postage (next day delivery I believe) from Radly for items over £50. this is not honest trading.

I think the only time I lose out by not buying from Q is the tsv's.

I always factor In the postage these days although the presenters don't often mention it.No where near as often as the constant reminders about ways to order , tap the app , q cut etc. etc etc......

How they work out the postage charges is a mystery too.

You're not even missing out on the TSVs because TSVs don't exist, this is the price QVC would've charged as an Introductory price, that's why after the TSV they come back later for just a couple of quid more, sometimes less than that.

I don't "get" the Radley hype at all. They don't look a particularly functional bag and I don't like the Scottie-dog thing, same as I don't like the Kipling monkey thing. To me, they just look like heavyish leather bags in nice colours without all that much room but at a premium price.

You're not even missing out on the TSVs because TSVs don't exist, this is the price QVC would've charged as an Introductory price, that's why after the TSV they come back later for just a couple of quid more, sometimes less than that.

That's exactly what I was just saying on my other post about why do people go mad for TSV's. The "value" is just to try and suck people in. You can get almost anything cheaper elsewhere if you look around. And if they can then sell the item at almost the same price after TSV day then obviously that's all they need in order to make their profit. So they're not really passing ANY savings on to the customer as they so frequently like to quote!

I always factor In the postage these days .............. How they work out the postage charges is a mystery too.

And I always figure in the postage too as the majority of companies offer free standard delivery and their delivery service often way surpasses that of Q. If other large companies can do it then there is absolutely no reason why Q cannot do it also.

I also posted elsewhere about the postage and the delivery service, using an example from one night a week or so ago where I decided to blitz some Christmas shopping .........

My parcel from a football club's online store was delivered by DHL and came in under 48 hours - postage free.
My parcel direct from Elemis was delivered by DPD and came in under 48 hours - postage free.
My parcel from Boots was delivered by Yodel and came in under 48 hours - postage free.
My parcel from Sky was delivered by Royal Mail and came on the 3rd day after ordering - again postage free.
I ordered an item for store collection at M&S and it was in store and ready in under 48 hours - postage free.

.......... and the QVC/Hermes parcel came on day 5 - at £4.95 delivery!!!!

Yes, the older Julia gets, sadly the more girlie she gets. As to postage charges from QVC, I'm guessing 2 things: that they're part of their profits and also that there's a tax loophole in there somewhere for them.

I watched this show with Julia - hasn't she got worse over the years? So full of her own importance an d still being girly, she must be nearing sixty by now.

Anyway my point is, this show was such a con. i loved one of the bags at a special Q price. I am about to buy it from the Radley website where the price is the same. Yes, the Q price is lower but when you add in p&p it is the same, as it is free postage (next day delivery I believe) from Radly for items over £50. this is not honest trading.

I think the only time I lose out by not buying from Q is the tsv's.

Q are still selling some of the Lulu Guinness products which were in her last sale and charging full price when they were much lower direct from LG website.

Yes, the older Julia gets, sadly the more girlie she gets. As to postage charges from QVC, I'm guessing 2 things: that they're part of their profits and also that there's a tax loophole in there somewhere for them.

Must be a tax loop hole as any payments to QVC show up as paid to QVC Italy on my credit card. I did take it up with them but never got a coherent answer.

I don't "get" the Radley hype at all. They don't look a particularly functional bag and I don't like the Scottie-dog thing, same as I don't like the Kipling monkey thing. To me, they just look like heavyish leather bags in nice colours without all that much room but at a premium price.

I have two Radley bags and use a purse. All bought in the sales, both bags are black leather no Scottie on the actual bag but a small charm hanging from it. Had both for years 2006/2007. The purse I have been using non stop for years and its pretty beat up now, small Scottie embossed on it. I have a new one which I bought at the same time in the sales. I am not a fan of the Scotties and houses etc all over the bags. Mine bought before the company sold.

I quite like Radley bags, not owned any for a while though so no idea if the quality is the same!
They're pretty sturdy but the linings are an absolute nightmare dirt magnet, you have been warned!

:mysmilie_13:

I bought the large Pocket style bag from Radley and all I can say is if that's the large I'd hate to see the medium or small, there was very little room in it and it sat funny, any right handed person who's ever owned one will know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back