Random Musings and Critiques Etc.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last night when I was flicking through the channels, they were selling a Mirelle suspension pillow. The appearance was identical to that of the GX pillow. I'm unsure if the name has been changed, rebranded to sell on shop on TV, or if it's a blatant copy of a GX pillow.

Last night when I was flicking through the channels, they were selling a Mirelle suspension pillow. The appearance was identical to that of the GX pillow. I'm unsure if the name has been changed, rebranded to sell on shop on TV, or if it's a blatant copy of a GX pillow.
Shayley were on ShopTV last night selling GX pillows, hard or soft, (oooerrrr, missus), but I didn't see 'Mirelle', unless it was a style/product model name maybe?

Saw the X-structures and thought it was GX... Surely he patented it, so it must be a rename or they've worked a design method around it to copy it. Do the internal X's look slightly different to the GX?

The bit where she lies down 'uncomfortably', side-on to camera on the 'normal' pillow and looks ok, but he points out lots of non-existent issues with neck, head, etc.

(It's probably the first time for years he's been in the same bed/room with her?) 😜

Also just saw him suggesting you buy both the hard and soft, because 'they look great on the bed, fully plump and fill the pillow case'.

Yes, I always buy pillows like cushions, just to look good on the bed... Then I choose whether I want a firm or medium soft sleep experience...

Last edited:
Must be a rebrand, because they talk about the guy originally designing them for his daughter. I never listened at the time, just though gx pillows again, but noticed they didn't say gx.

Yes, that’s right Back to original name. Having previously decided to leave and then thought better of it!
Why were you thinking of leaving? Taking too much of your time? I took time off reading the forum for a while, busy elsewhere and not quite as obsessed a shopping TV watcher as some on here! Still catching up, about 50 pages of Random Musings from Dec/Jan still to read.

Keeping a watching brief on the TV sales channels and these boards!

Last edited:
Why were you thinking of leaving? Taking too much of your time? I took time off reading the forum for a while, busy elsewhere and not quite as obsessed a shopping TV watcher as some on here! Still catching up, about 50 pages of Random Musings from Dec/Jan still to read.

Keeping a watching brief on the TV sales channels and these boards!
I was on this forum when it began twenty years ago. There was then a gap of about 18 years. Came back and enjoyed it, then didn’t briefly and asked for my ID to be deleted. Then regretted it and came back.

Must be a rebrand, because they talk about the guy originally designing them for his daughter. I never listened at the time, just though gx pillows again, but noticed they didn't say gx.
Maybe his daughter was called Mirelle?

Are these pillows any good? Read a customer review somewhere that said they were supportive but sometimes they could feel the X bands in the pillow on their head and it was a bit uncomfortable and they had to move or re-plump to sort it.

I was on this forum when it began twenty years ago. There was then a gap of about 18 years. Came back and enjoyed it, then didn’t briefly and asked for my ID to be deleted. Then regretted it and came back.
A bit drastic. Doesn't have to be all or nothing. We enjoy your humorous postings. Don't take any criticism to heart. Just need to moderate your usage. Think of it as a hobby, not an obsession!?

P.S. are conversations (one-to-one/+) not working now in the forum. Not able to message, whereas I did last year.

Maybe his daughter was called Mirelle?

Are these pillows any good? Read a customer review somewhere that said they were supportive but sometimes they could feel the X bands in the pillow on their head and it was a bit uncomfortable and they had to move or re-plump to sort it.
His daughter was called Georgia, and used to sign off her texts Gx, and thats how the name GX came about. The one I had only lasted about 8 or 9 months until is was offering no support, and at times I could feel the suspension inside the pillow on the back of my head. It's difficult to describe, but it's not a pleasant feeling.

His daughter was called Georgia, and used to sign off her texts Gx, and thats how the name GX came about. The one I had only lasted about 8 or 9 months until is was offering no support, and at times I could feel the suspension inside the pillow on the back of my head. It's difficult to describe, but it's not a pleasant feeling.
Thanks, I obviously never paid enough attention to that oft-repeated backstory the one time I listened to the end! 😂

Maybe they thought GX sounds too much like my ZX81 computer, hard and techie, and Mirelle sounds more warm, soft and welcoming, like a pillow should.

Unfortunately it also sounds like a brand of toilet tissue! 😆

Well, I have little to do with mainstream TV. I cannot abide the majority of it. This place has been a huge comfort since I watched my wife die from sepsis. Taking my mind off (still) from the horror of what I saw. I met a lovely person subsequently who has also lost her partner. We work well and I actually have a pretty decent social life with her. But we live in separate houses and shopping television and posting here help me when I am alone at home and having flashbacks. She actually won’t let me watch it, so I go quieter at those times!!

Thanks, I obviously never paid enough attention to that oft-repeated backstory the one time I listened to the end! 😂

Maybe they thought GX sounds too much like my ZX81 computer, hard and techie, and Mirelle sounds more warm, soft and welcoming, like a pillow should.

Unfortunately it also sounds like a brand of toilet tissue! 😆
Weirdly, the only place I can find Mirelle pillows is on ShoponTV. Not on the GX site or elsewhere, afaik.

So looks like they've had them make an 'oem' brand just for them?
Perhaps less packaging/no handle and no colour trim for a better price.

Weirdly, the only place I can find Mirelle pillows is on ShoponTV. Not on the GX site or elsewhere, afaik.

So looks like they've had them make an 'oem' brand just for them?
Perhaps less packaging/no handle and no colour trim for a better price.
Maybe they had to change the name to to be sold on shop on TV, because they have signed a deal with TJC/Ideal World for only them to sell them on telly. The back story was the same, so they were GX pillows in all but name.

Latest posts

Back