Random Musings and Critiques Etc.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They're getting their own channel.

not a surprise but wonder ion they will pay the sky and VM carrier charges as well and be a true competitor to IW and of course need some presenters so wonder who will appear

Somebody asked if Shop on TV was the old IW and they replied, strictly it isn't as Ideal World has new owners but many of the staff and suppliers are EX Ideal World. In a couple of weeks you'll be able to watch us during the day on Freeview channel 89. Another person asked if we will see big brands, and they replied, Yes, indeed. Many are coming in the near future. We started broadcasting late in the year, so it's just to do with scheduling around Christmas. Early days, as they say! And somebody asked to please bring back all your kitchen items and demos they were brilliant to watch... and very tempting to buy. They replied, They're coming soon.

No, not at all.

I'm a "never say never" when it comes to doing more presenting - there was a period of over three years where I was away from Ideal World and then one day the phone rang again...

...it's just not rang recently, that's all.
Trust me when I say that I'm looking for any excuse to get you on the show, @GrantB. The phone will ring as soon as we have something for you. I miss my UNLOCKED brother in arms arsing about.

Trust me when I say that I'm looking for any excuse to get you on the show, @GrantB. The phone will ring as soon as we have something for you. I miss my UNLOCKED brother in arms arsing about.
Why not try to get him a job as a presenter when it starts broadcasting during the day? I'm not sure if you have any insider information about who some of the daytime presenters are going to be? I'm referring to individuals who may currently work elsewhere but previously worked on an auction format shopping channel. Their presentation style is outdated, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

You wouldn’t recommend creepy and his moll either,but somehow they got a job?
No doubt bouncing bunny may come back,or my name is Den god help you all if that crew get back together.
Get some fresh blood in who know the products inside out,and can answer any questions on air,without resorting to the tactics of the bid up crew currently on IW3.

You wouldn’t recommend creepy and his moll either,but somehow they got a job?
No doubt bouncing bunny may come back,or my name is Den god help you all if that crew get back together.
Get some fresh blood in who know the products inside out,and can answer any questions on air,without resorting to the tactics of the bid up crew currently on IW3.
They got that job because they were in the right place at the right time.

He is a quality communicator as you know. He also actually demonstrates that he understands and can educate on tech products. A real waste if those key skills he has cannot be used on the channel in the time to come. Best tech products presenter/guest I have seen since Goodwin and Rich.

May I strongly recommend playing back their shows on YouTube at 0.25 speed. Particularly for the unctuous Creepy Twins’ appearances with the SUPER HYPER drone fellow. It makes them sound like they’ve all been in the pub for 24 hours and sleep deprived for at least a week. Hilarious. Well for me it is. Of course…that impression is only gained on slow speed. And I want to confirm they all sound perfectly sober at normal speed.

Watched ShoponTV last night with @RobLocke and David Anthony selling Joseph Charles and Swan & Edgar watches, including tourbillons.
Your refreshing honesty about online versus shopping TV and the pros/cons was enlightening.

Managed to start a metaphysical debate on the nature of time and reality by emailing the studio. Very responsive!

Rob (or 'Dave'!), really enjoyed your musings around time/ randomness /editing/doughnut universe and simulation theory!

And snippets of info about your ongoing acting career and lost opportunities. David was unable to talk much about the watches with you wittering on, ha.

Not what you'd expect on a ShoponTV TV shopping channel, even at 2am!

As per email, imho you need to have a discussion talk show where you discuss the big science issues.
Reinstate the YouTube show or get it on TV! I'd watch/contribute, for sure.

Watched ShoponTV last night with @RobLocke and David Anthony selling Joseph Charles and Swan & Edgar watches, including tourbillons.
Your refreshing honesty about online versus shopping TV and the pros/cons was enlightening.

Managed to start a metaphysical debate on the nature of time and reality by emailing the studio. Very responsive!

Rob (or 'Dave'!), really enjoyed your musings around time/ randomness /editing/doughnut universe and simulation theory!

And snippets of info about your ongoing acting career and lost opportunities. David was unable to talk much about the watches with you wittering on, ha.

Not what you'd expect on a ShoponTV TV shopping channel, even at 2am!

As per email, imho you need to have a discussion talk show where you discuss the big science issues.
Reinstate the YouTube show or get it on TV! I'd watch/contribute, for sure.
Well I didn't think my note would kick off a meta-physical debate on the nature of time and reality. On ShoponTV! Good stuff.

Some points whilst discussing the watches:

1. Yes, we are all made of prior stars' matter, as you referenced

2. They just proved Einstein's general relativity theory, again, at the top of London's tallest building (22 Bishopsgate), time runs faster as shown on an atomic clock compared to the ground. (NPL) Due to decreased gravity field at height.

3. Reality is actually a sequence of probabilistic quantum events in multiverses that we observe sequentially. Imho. The film Lucy showed that observable frames when sped-up disappear!

4. Simulation theory too?! Fantastic for ShoponTV/ @RobLocke Love it.

And...

You could get a night tube to somewhere near your home and then a night bus to your home. (Can you claim the Uber costs back as travel costs for tax?)

If you had time... 😀

P.S. Rob needs to do a talking/discussion show, without the selling... 🤔

Last night, I watched a bit. Mike Saint demonstrated a Swan cordless vacuum, then a Tower Jet Plus Carpet Washer. Prior to that demonstration, I appreciated Rob's statement that this is an affordable solution. However, don't expect it to be as effective as the costly industrial machines. A breath of fresh air, compared to what BS IW3 would have told us if selling a similar item.

Surely time to bring a big name in for ITV and dedicated channel launch.

My recommendation:

Eric Knowles.

Well I didn't think my note would kick off a meta-physical debate on the nature of time and reality. On ShoponTV! Good stuff.

Some points whilst discussing the watches:

1. Yes, we are all made of prior stars' matter, as you referenced

2. They just proved Einstein's general relativity theory, again, at the top of London's tallest building (22 Bishopsgate), time runs faster as shown on an atomic clock compared to the ground. (NPL) Due to decreased gravity field at height.

3. Reality is actually a sequence of probabilistic quantum events in multiverses that we observe sequentially. Imho. The film Lucy showed that observable frames when sped-up disappear!

4. Simulation theory too?! Fantastic for ShoponTV/ @RobLocke Love it.

And...

You could get a night tube to somewhere near your home and then a night bus to your home. (Can you claim the Uber costs back as travel costs for tax?)

If you had time... 😀

P.S. Rob needs to do a talking/discussion show, without the selling... 🤔
Seriously, @RobLocke isn't it time you did a "Random Musings, Unlocked" *podcast* as they seem to be all the rage these days?

I saw some of the YouTube channel highlights of Unlocked video and this might convert to be an audio podcast I'd actually listen to! (I'm not a big podcast talk fan, they intro and ramble and take ages to get to the point).

Not your thing or too busy with ShoponTV in front & behind the cameras and other work?

The Discount Dragon show was different. And that’s what’s needed for me - more variety. I can only watch Notts Bev and her Polti Men so many times performing Suck it Up and See for two hours or so. Or Dick Dronehead and The Storage Spaces doing their interminable cack backalogue to a backing track. New products are a must. And ‘opefully, Duck, new products in general is what we’ll get. Plus that top old rocker, Grant B. & The 3.1s brought back for an extravaganza of ‘90s’ techno pop at some point.

Latest posts

Back