Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Far is the latest presenter to try and get shut of that awful Cat. He actually shifted 17 so didn't do too badly, considering.

I don't understand why they can't sell the cheap nick-nacks for what they are and reserve the spotlight and the angelic music for the better stuff. Like the boy who cried wolf for me. One day there will be an amazing piece and I won't believe them.

Take one of the Ingersoll watches. Was cheaper than Amazon and got loads of 5 star reviews but because Peter treated it in the same tone as a cat that sells for a penny.

PJ

I don't understand why they can't sell the cheap nick-nacks for what they are and reserve the spotlight and the angelic music for the better stuff. Like the boy who cried wolf for me. One day there will be an amazing piece and I won't believe them.

Take one of the Ingersoll watches. Was cheaper than Amazon and got loads of 5 star reviews but because Peter treated it in the same tone as a cat that sells for a penny.

PJ

Fantastic observation. It's probably my biggest criticism of the bid operation. It's hard to separate the awesomeness from the shite because everything is presented in exactly the same tone.

however Peter Sherlock was just selling a legitimate top brand (I've already forgotten which one) and managed to say ''now im gonna tell it as it is, we sell drills and washing machine balls.... but this, this is good'' well done on doing the classic shopping tv presenter faux paux of admitting everything else you sell is shite, just to sell one product.

edit: I'm well aware I've potentially hypocrited myself in this post, but surely the quality should be set by the tone of the entire presentation, not just in the verbal spiel.

PJ

I wish they wouldn't sell these cheap and nasty nick nacks at all, but you're right - There's no accounting for taste, so why not just say here's a cat figurine, do you know anyone who collects cat memorabillia? They'll love this and they'll think you spend much more on it than this - 'nuff said okay? But no, we have to sit through - "The cat, man's companion for centuries, bred at first to guard the Egyptian temples, a symbol of elegance, a symbol of aloofness, of class and so much more - cue hideous lump of plastic resin which gets sold for a penny!

I wish they wouldn't sell these cheap and nasty nick nacks at all, but you're right - There's no accounting for taste, so why not just say here's a cat figurine, do you know anyone who collects cat memorabillia? They'll love this and they'll think you spend much more on it than this - 'nuff said okay? But no, we have to sit through - "The cat, man's companion for centuries, bred at first to guard the Egyptian temples, a symbol of elegance, a symbol of aloofness, of class and so much more - cue hideous lump of plastic resin which gets sold for a penny!

"Not only a cat of desire, not only of pride and opulence, not only of fur and whiskers, good luck if ya get -- it's a penny!"

There, that's my Bid TV audition sorted.

That CAT is evil and no mistake, they should stick it away for Halloween and flog it with an illuminated plastic pumpkin.

that's the thing... they say a product for a penny should sell itself... so let it sell itself, no need to go into quasi-religeous mode.

BOD just revealed a very interesting fact about himself. He announced with some certainty that he prefers oranges over lemons.

The time must just fly by in Chez BOD.

Mike was selling a delightful Kinkade print called 'Autumn at Ashley's Cottage' for just £69.99 with no P+P. Somewhat surprisingly he only sold 9 from a quantity of 75.

I wonder if Peter Simon is familiar with Ashley's Cottage?

Mike was selling a delightful Kinkade print called 'Autumn at Ashley's Cottage' for just £69.99 with no P+P. Somewhat surprisingly he only sold 9 from a quantity of 75.

I wonder if Peter Simon is familiar with Ashley's Cottage?

Probably been dealing with the likes of for the past twenty years :wink:

Can I just say that I prefer oranges over lemons too

Probably been dealing with the likes of for the past twenty years :wink:

Can I just say that I prefer oranges over lemons too

I suppose I do too Momma although unlike BOD and I don't give the matter much thought :giggle: I might add his comment was in support of the sale of an Orange Oil cleaner so there's probably a good chance the tables will be turned when he next has Yellow Magic!

I do like Bod's tip for black pepper on popcorn and now we have him promoting oranges over lemons, he really is turning into a foodie type tsar for Sit Up, I don't think there is a foodie expert, Bod could make that area his own if he so wishes:giggle:

I do like Bod's tip for black pepper on popcorn and now we have him promoting oranges over lemons, he really is turning into a foodie type tsar for Sit Up, I don't think there is a foodie expert, Bod could make that area his own if he so wishes:giggle:

If you'd have seen him cracking those micro eggs there was no stopping him, I think he's there already. He certainly shows a passion.

Wayne who??

If you'd have seen him cracking those micro eggs there was no stopping him, I think he's there already. He certainly shows a passion.

Wayne who??

Don''t forget he can also make a (sort of) Salsa, and Cake Pops. He's progressing quite well, considering.

I believe BOD would also like to try out a Halogen but ee-fins Dad is rather protective of the cookers as he thinks that's all that keeps him in a job. I have no idea why he put's himself down like that.

Don''t forget he can also make a (sort of) Salsa, and Cake Pops. He's progressing quite well, considering.

I believe BOD would also like to try out a Halogen but ee-fins Dad is rather protective of the cookers as he thinks that's all that keeps him in a job. I have no idea why he put's himself down like that.

Is that the chunky salsa that I missed?

Latest posts

Back