Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They had snail serum on sale in Holland and Barretts window yesterday. Is no poor creature safe and has to go to an early grave so it can be slathered all over Bid presenters ugly mugs to preserve their youthful appearances.

well fred12, I have to say you've certainly posed a valid question there and one I wouldn't have thought to ask
are we now seeing a cull of certain life forms to feed the need of SitUp channel presenters?

She is that trustworthy and convincing that i purchased them for myself and i have no hair!

aww mrtom, if I could give you a hug for that I would
I love that you trust Split Ends so much you buy into her products whether you need them or not :mysmilie_17:

aww mrtom, if I could give you a hug for that I would
I love that you trust Split Ends so much you buy into her products whether you need them or not :mysmilie_17:

i just know that if i did have hair, i'd achieve the levels of volume that she says i would.

Ryes has just sold the macadamia shampoo,conditioner and oil for 9.99 plus 7.99 p&p on that weird auction thing and surprisingly everyone was a winner. I don't think so. They could have bought 18 of them for that price if they'd have gone to Poundland.

Right now Bid are selling 70 Litres of Compost with a p+p of £7.99 (not cheap but perfectly understandable, to me anyway). However, yesterday Price Drop sold a Galloway Fleece Coat with a p+p of £9.99, perhaps unsurprisingly the coat didn't sell. Not by a long chalk.

Far be it from me to tell the Management what to do but I do think they might want to look at their postage costs because they simply make no sense whatsoever.

Charlie is demonstrating an electric screw driver. Interestingly he has a Virgin Media Set Top Box that he said it could be used on.

Well, firstly he shouldn't have that box as no Virgin customers own them (they merely have the right to use them, in their home) and secondly he certainly shouldn't be suggesting a customer should be tampering with them, it's totally against the terms and conditions.

Incredible.

image.jpg

Simon's selling point was it comes in a box well colour me green and brown and call me a tree I have never been so excited about buying. I will have ten please and just use the boxes.

See they are selling a cordless vegetable slicer. Funny you say that my slicer is cordless too. Called a knife.

PJ.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Simon's selling point was it comes in a box well colour me green and brown and call me a tree I have never been so excited about buying. I will have ten please and just use the boxes.

See they are selling a cordless vegetable slicer. Funny you say that my slicer is cordless too. Called a knife.

PJ.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Ahhh yes but is it the latest of the knives PJ?

Last edited:
Charlie is demonstrating an electric screw driver. Interestingly he has a Virgin Media Set Top Box that he said it could be used on.

Well, firstly he shouldn't have that box as no Virgin customers own them (they merely have the right to use them, in their home) and secondly he certainly shouldn't be suggesting a customer should be tampering with them, it's totally against the terms and conditions.

Incredible.

View attachment 10323

I think its all becoming a throwback to the pre-ASA-complaint days.

The new management obviously have no idea or have ever watched the channels before they took over - they most likely sacked Guy Kean because he had the lowest sales. That's all they're interest in - money!

It's becoming enjoyable for all the wrong reasons (again) - all they need is Peter Simon's grand entrance and we're back to square one! :mysmilie_13:

Someone raid the Tanzanite mine!!

I think its all becoming a throwback to the pre-ASA-complaint days.

The new management obviously have no idea or have ever watched the channels before they took over - they most likely sacked Guy Kean because he had the lowest sales. That's all they're interest in - money!

It's becoming enjoyable for all the wrong reasons (again) - all they need is Peter Simon's grand entrance and we're back to square one! :mysmilie_13:

Someone raid the Tanzanite mine!!

I have seen much evidence that they can expect complaints again.

Much evidence.

I have seen much evidence that they can expect complaints again.

Much evidence.

I don't see how they get away with the bid's usual price £45, today £19.99 you save £25.01 - it has never and will never be sold at £45. I'd guess that was the start price which we could still see on the website before shop at bid launched, They sell it today for £19.99 so the next 51-90% of the time it should sell at £45 or its not a "usual price"

The very fact that they are now a fixed price channel makes no sense unless its on a One Day Special or other promotion event

When I've watched QVC in the past they have introductory offers for a limited time but I have seen the price go back up once this time has expired, or they have a todays special value, as soon as that ends the price goes back to the usual price

Last edited:
I don't see how they get away with the bid's usual price £45, today £19.99 you save £25.01 - it has never and will never be sold at £45. I'd guess that was the start price which we could still see on the website before shop at bid launched, They sell it today for £19.99 so the next 51-90% of the time it should sell at £45 or its not a "usual price"

The very fact that they are now a fixed price channel makes no sense unless its on a One Day Special or other promotion event

When I've watched QVC in the past they have introductory offers for a limited time but I have seen the price go back up once this time has expired, or they have a todays special value, as soon as that ends the price goes back to the usual price

Peter Simon was stating earlier that 'Bid's normal price' was on the internet... then another presenter said it was the lower price until the end of their shift and on the internet?

Eh? What is it! I thought when they started the new format that the price remained at what they were selling it at - then you were free to come in when you like during the day?

WTF! lot of double standards and changing the position of the goal posts - but it's like their £10 credit (remember those). It's laughable.

Peter Simon was stating earlier that 'Bid's normal price' was on the internet... then another presenter said it was the lower price until the end of their shift and on the internet?

Eh? What is it! I thought when they started the new format that the price remained at what they were selling it at - then you were free to come in when you like during the day?

WTF! lot of double standards and changing the position of the goal posts - but it's like their £10 credit (remember those). It's laughable.

Maybe I'm not being fair so has anyone seen the Tommy & Kate Boucle Knit Jacket sell anywhere near £45 before? - I haven't seen the item at all but id guess it would sell for £14.99- £24.99 on a "normal" day

https://www.bid.tv/Tommy-&-Kate-Bou...e.aspx?Id=5584522&Cat=1&Sub=7&Type=Categories

Not only is it by the Tommy & our Kate, not only is this part of the Spring Kingdom collection, not only in the richer of the stones, not only the lighter of the lightweight, not only with the boucle knit, not only with the metallic thread and its the shinier of the metallic threads, not only with the longer of the sleeves to hide those bingo wings ladies, not only with the striped knit pattern, not only with the Hook n'' eye fastening which flatters the bust area of the larger ladies, those ladies with the curves, Not only is it cotton, not only in the acrylics, not only in the polyesters, not only is 1% also metallised

actually after reading all that back I'm sold lets all ave a buy at £45 at ome

Last edited:
Just switched on to see Dirty Peter throwing soil around the tatty garden "set", squealing "Ooh, back to my Blue Peter days!"

Peter, you were Ronald McDonald for kids' parties and you were on Double Dare and Run The Risk, but you never presented Blue Peter. Have a word with Our Bet, will you? Maybe she'll help you out with these fantasy entries on your CV. Oh, wait a minute, she only exists in fantasy land too...

Latest posts

Back