Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't respect a company that allowed Mike to bully women, call people mutants etc and think that was acceptable. Also Peter Simon's strange antics.

Indeed but any channel who has someone like Mason on air has to be a freak show Muttley, strangely fascinating but a freak show all the same.

But the fun ended some years back, it became a complete and utter disgrace of a channel. They lied, cheated, misled, they'd showed complete and utter contempt for the customers.

I'm afraid it was probably the right time to put it out of it's misery, it was pathetic. My real sympathy lies with customers who ordered products and might now lose their money, certainly not with the likes of Mason and Simon who did so much to damage the reputation of Bid.

I hope I never see sight nor sound of some of them ever again. And I doubt I will.

I feel immensely honoured that I heard my dear Schlocko's final words on Shop @ Bid and it was certainly apt that he was the last person to broadcast.

But I know we'll meet again, probably in The Perfume Shop :mysmilie_59:

He has worked in all the top department stores in London. I'm sure they would take him back. I'll look out for him next time I am browsing the perfumes in Harvey Nicks! (actually I'm more likely to be in Primark or TK Maxx).

He has worked in all the top department stores in London. I'm sure they would take him back. I'll look out for him next time I am browsing the perfumes in Harvey Nicks! (actually I'm more likely to be in Primark or TK Maxx).

Listen Muttley there's no need to worry about My Schlocko.

Please let's not forget that he has his 'Divine Decadence' brand and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see this on sale in Debenhams, very soon*

*This is only a rumour, it may or may not happen

I wonder if they will have one final, actual, live, clearance sale in Acton?

I don't live far from Acton, they might have a car boot sale with the presenters selling all the fixtures and fittings. If they do I may get a signed photo of James Russell which I would be prepared to auction off to the highest bidder on here.

I find the whole situation quite weird - The rebranding is less than 8 weeks old, did they have a date I wonder in which they hoped to see a turnaround, or perhaps they could just see they were "flogging a dead horse" and decide to pull the plug before any further damage was incurred? Seems a shame, cos I enjoyed the "car crash" and believe it or not enjoyed some of the (far too) many purchases I made, don't get me wrong I was nowhere near as bad as Lee from Ventnor, but I did spend more than I should...To be fair I always factored in my p&p and if I still liked the price only then would I buy it. I wonder whether the "all new Price drop" was the final nail in the coffin - It was frankly ridiculous holding back stock from people who actually wanted to buy it, and with Shop at bid they couldn't carry on with the shoddy crap they were selling.
Funnily enough I have just bought a number of items on the Pricedrop website sale, it appeared from nowhere and the stuff was very very cheap. The things I bought were stuff in the past I've quite fancied buying but was put off by the all in price. The things I ordered all arrived today...phew...animal neckwarmers...they're amazing, I'm using one now, some lipsticks and some make up brushes all really good quality!!!
I shall miss them, and will be sad as we won't have anything to discuss on this forum now...it's been so much fun - you almost feel like "family" lol!

Good things...I won't be spending so much money..high street shopping just ain't my bag. QVC's never been my scene, I'm not an avid jewellery fan and IW, well I've no interest in pressure washers and halogen ovens, so my money's safe (for now). Won't miss the dreadful Gollum, but I will miss the others....even disgusting Peter Simon to a certain extent!

Bad things - People are losing their jobs, where am I gonna get my Rozzer Benini's now? What will I have on in the background..I'm on hols now, so was looking forward to shopping telly fun and relaxation!!!

Whatever your opinion, there's no need to start bringing his child into your comments. That's just plain disrespectful.

SCO is asking a fair question not being disrespectful at all. As others have said if MeMike hadn't gone on every single shift about his ladyslashgoddess and his son we wouldn't have known about them. MeMike doesn't seen to think that one day his son will look on YouTube and see his dad lying to get a sale and telling countless stories about his family and probably will be as shocked as us.

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

SCO is asking a fair question not being disrespectful at all. As others have said if MeMike hadn't gone on every single shift about his ladyslashgoddess and his son we wouldn't have known about them. MeMike doesn't seen to think that one day his son will look on YouTube and see his dad lying to get a sale and telling countless stories about his family and probably will be as shocked as us.

PJ

Well YouTube is the only place Mini Me-Mike is gonna see his Dad on telly now PJ :mysmilie_59:

He'll bore the poor little sod shitless when he's a bit older 'I used to be on telly you know son'.

To which Mini Me-Mike says 'yeah, wotever Gollum'

Poor Mike is apparently owed £12k in unpaid wages. Ah well, he should have got his before they got theirs. Quite literally :mysmilie_59:

Well YouTube is the only place Mini Me-Mike is gonna see his Dad on telly now PJ :mysmilie_59: He'll bore the poor little sod shitless when he's a bit older 'I used to be on telly you know son'. To which Mini Me-Mike says 'yeah, wotever Gollum' Poor Mike is apparently owed £12k in unpaid wages. Ah well, he should have got his before they got theirs. Quite literally :mysmilie_59:

MeMike can count to 12 now? He is coming on well :)

Come on Mike if the plug is pulled come on here and chat with us. We won't bite.

Come on Mike if the plug is pulled come on here and chat with us. We won't bite.

Ha Ha. He's probably only owed £12, you know how he likes to exaggerate :mysmilie_59:

Mike's too busy for us right now lad. He's got the Yellow Pages out as I type, calling all the sparks in Suffolk to see if he can grab a few wiring jobs. He's gotta pay his keep :mysmilie_59:

Solar Lights are shite again :mysmilie_14:

I'm hoping he will release a book... "Confessions of a BidTV employee" I'd buy it lol.

Latest posts

Back