Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's important to remember that tonight there is much uncertanty in homes.... all because of inept managerial decisions by people who wont end up in the poor house

It's important to remember that tonight there is much uncertanty in homes.... all because of inept managerial decisions by people who wont end up in the poor house

Good point

Have read a lot of the presenters facebook pages this evening and it appears most of them were owed big sums of money and had not been paid since Jan

Ok they are unlikely to be on the breadline but to continue working without even hinting they were owed money is admirable in my opinion.

The channels were my solace, entertaining and generally a good watch.

I genuinely believe IF the recession had not happened they would be even bigger today than they were 8 years ago, however the influx of pound shops on the high street and cheap online retailers meant they should have changed the gameplan four years ago.

I also watch ideal world and have no idea how they keep going with a very small range of products with mythical savings (much like the new bid was tbf)

I will not wager much money they will be here in two years time.

I have heard that Gollum and Lisa Brash are being snapped up for a series on art for BBC4. The BBC believe that they will appeal to the common folk of Britain and improve art appreciation amongst the masses*

* I may have made this up.

It's certainly going to be temporarily tough on some people but I can't help but think that, in the big picture, it's for the best that they have gone bust.

As ever it's the punters that have my sympathy, they have been treated terribly for many years now. Thankfully that has now come to an end.

Do you remember that price comparison the other week? Something like £500 but Bid's price was £60?

Just drop dead Bid. Oh, actually you have :mysmilie_59:

I have heard that Gollum and Lisa Brash are being snapped up for a series on art for BBC4. The BBC believe that they will appeal to the common folk of Britain and improve art appreciation amongst the masses*

* I may have made this up.

you almost gave me heart failure. NO no no no, they must never appear in digital (or analogue) format ever again.

you almost gave me heart failure. NO no no no, they must never appear in digital (or analogue) format ever again.

Paul, may I offer my heartfelt apology for scaring you and nearly giving you heart failure. You can be assured that I did make this "fact" up but bearing in mind that the world has gone mad I would not be surprised if it did happen!

I wonder what will happen with the pending ASA complaints? I hope they still get published for all to see.

I wonder what will happen with the pending ASA complaints? I hope they still get published for all to see.

I'm sure they will still be published but in reality they probably mean little now.

Except perhaps to serve a timely reminder that the shystering still continued. Whether it was deliberate or because of sheer incompetence I guess we'll never know now, eitherway it was hard to consider them to be a fit and proper retailer for a few years now.

They really were a shoddy, shoddy outfit, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back