Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have done the same on the freeviews 23's and 37's I used to switch over during breaks on programmes all the time and of course watch hour upon hour usually in the evenings. I'm never going to see Peter say goodnight to me again but just by chance I recorded his last shift on Sunday (which is odd as I'd hardly watched the new shop at bid) well up until 12am when we lost him :( goodnight and god bless

It's a pity ITV dosen't close down at night anymore and do those 'Epilogues' that they used to do.

Peter would be perfect for that, he could tell us a little (made up) story whilst wearing a chunky woollen jumper, holding a mug of Ovaltine and a plate of Bourbons to dunk.

Ah well, maybe you'll see him in McDonalds :mysmilie_59:

One of my deepest regrets about the sad events of yesterday is that we're never going to learn what Schlocko discovered on his recent trip to the Beauty Fair in Bologna.

But I guess if we head down to B&M we'll probably discover them for ourselves :mysmilie_59:

Now that Mike is £12,000 down, bet he's kicking his scrawny butt at splashing the cash taking the goddess away for the overnight stay in London for valentines day!! Posh hotel, Egyptian cotton towels, you know the ones that say 'we've arrived', west end show, steak dinner dahn the Nags 'Ead. What with, £80 a bottle fragrance, monogrammed shirts and I believe tattoos don't come cheap, I hope his job seekers allowance covers his expenses.......

Now that Mike is £12,000 down, bet he's kicking his scrawny butt at splashing the cash taking the goddess away for the overnight stay in London for valentines day!! Posh hotel, Egyptian cotton towels, you know the ones that say 'we've arrived', west end show, steak dinner dahn the Nags 'Ead. What with, £80 a bottle fragrance, monogrammed shirts and I believe tattoos don't come cheap, I hope his job seekers allowance covers his expenses.......

I guess Waynetta is going to have to replace her Woodbines with a cheaper brand of ciggie.

Perhaps she could try Cigars or even a Pipe, she might smoke less of them?

Looking back at that big lump of debt they disposed of a few weeks back, I wonder just how many suppliers they put in trouble by screwing them over in the last few years? How many of those millions went on paying the staff just to keep the whole creaky enterprise afloat? I wonder how many of the technical crew were unpaid interns hoping for something better? In 2013 the presentation standards certainly took a nosedive. I particularly recall how frustrated Andy got many times when he would hold a product in a particular way for a close-up shot and it took an age for it to be set up, probably because of a work experience bod on the cameras and/or the gallery. It felt like he was a presenter/director at times !

It was telling that as soon as they relaunched as Shop At Bid we never got to see exactly how much they did sell - just percentages, which are essentially meaningless in this game. The sales in the last month must have been rotten.

I also wonder what the presenters who soldiered on for nowt were told to make them carry on? Ryes, the Lord Guy and Lisa have broken ranks and spoken their mind...I read elsewhere that Sally Jacks has toed the line and said she had a wonderful time !

So many questions...I wonder if we'll ever get the answers !

By the by, on that other forum we are being called "disgusting trolls who are revelling in the loss of over 200 jobs". Barely a word about the plight of the customers, mind you ! Last night the posters main concern seemed to be whether Accurate Teleshopping would still be aired at 1.30 a.m. ! Another poster over there hoped that DP would get another gig ASAP ! I suspect the phone lines must be red hot in the homes of Mason, Schlock, Dirty Peter and Jacks today...anything accepted...store openings, garden fetes, motivational speeches, etc etc etc...

One of my deepest regrets about the sad events of yesterday is that we're never going to learn what Schlocko discovered on his recent trip to the Beauty Fair in Bologna.

But I guess if we head down to B&M we'll probably discover them for ourselves :mysmilie_59:

We're probably not going to see the launch of his 10-stink sampler he had planned for next Xmas either...remind me nearer the time Wirral to have a peek in Home Bargains.

Looking back at that big lump of debt they disposed of a few weeks back, I wonder just how many suppliers they put in trouble by screwing them over in the last few years? How many of those millions went on paying the staff just to keep the whole creaky enterprise afloat? I wonder how many of the technical crew were unpaid interns hoping for something better? In 2013 the presentation standards certainly took a nosedive. I particularly recall how frustrated Andy got many times when he would hold a product in a particular way for a close-up shot and it took an age for it to be set up, probably because of a work experience bod on the cameras and/or the gallery. It felt like he was a presenter/director at times !

It was telling that as soon as they relaunched as Shop At Bid we never got to see exactly how much they did sell - just percentages, which are essentially meaningless in this game. The sales in the last month must have been rotten.

I also wonder what the presenters who soldiered on for nowt were told to make them carry on? Ryes, the Lord Guy and Lisa have broken ranks and spoken their mind...I read elsewhere that Sally Jacks has toed the line and said she had a wonderful time !

So many questions...I wonder if we'll ever get the answers !

By the by, on that other forum we are being called "disgusting trolls who are revelling in the loss of over 200 jobs". Barely a word about the plight of the customers, mind you ! Last night the posters main concern seemed to be whether Accurate Teleshopping would still be aired at 1.30 a.m. ! Another poster over there hoped that DP would get another gig ASAP ! I suspect the phone lines must be red hot in the homes of Mason, Schlock, Dirty Peter and Jacks today...anything accepted...store openings, garden fetes, motivational speeches, etc etc etc...

Oh yes, these people taking the moral high ground over jobs don't mention the customers. Anyone might think they are somehow connected to the company.

I couldn't care less what they say but I suppose it's always easier to attack others than to look at the real reason why it happened.

We're probably not going to see the launch of his 10-stink sampler he had planned for next Xmas either...remind me nearer the time Wirral to have a peek in Home Bargains.

Maybe he'll have a word with his mates at Laurelle and borrow that pop up store for an afternoon?

Docswife, he must have been paid a lot because I heard him say that when he stays in 5 star hotels he goes straight to the Bayliss and Harding toiletries they provide and uses them all. He was selling Bayliss and Harding at the time. Message is - 5 star hotel = luxury product = expensive product. I wish I had asked Mike what 5 star hotels he has stayed in that stock the stuff bearing in mind they cost about £2 per item in Superdrug and Sainsburys.

Docswife, he must have been paid a lot because I heard him say that when he stays in 5 star hotels he goes straight to the Bayliss and Harding toiletries they provide and uses them all. He was selling Bayliss and Harding at the time. Message is - 5 star hotel = luxury product = expensive product. I wish I had asked Mike what 5 star hotels he has stayed in that stock the stuff bearing in mind they cost about £2 per item in Superdrug and Sainsburys.

Meanwhile that Goddess is playing the victim, all the baddies on shoppingtelly being nasty about her houseboy and the other's who have lost their jobs. Absolutely no mention of their behaviour, their reputation, things that actually may have contributed to the downfall rather than a forum that has little or no bearing on the company.

She appears to play her lackies like a fiddle and she seems very good at it, i'll give her that. But if they cannot see what Mason is then I despair, I really do. But at the end of the day it dosen't matter what she, or we, say.

They've gone bust, it's that simple. And I know for a fact it wasn't our fault, it has to have been at least partly the fault of some of the people who worked there.

Maybe people like Mason perhaps? But do keep up the spin Goddess because, very soon, I doubt many people will be very interested in what you have to say. Folks can be so fickle so enjoy your minute in the limelight. You and Mike (and this forum too) will soon be as relevant as an early evictee from Big Brother 4.

We'll all be very old news and Bid will be long forgotten.

Folks once again on this thread and many other threads, Once again a huge thanks for the one liners and genuine funny suggestions and thoughts all day long.

Just a thought about poor Peter perfume yesterday, I wonder how long he was wittering on for yesterday before he was made aware that they had been pulled from the screens? I can just imagine him having a proper toys right out the pram tantrum with diva not even starting to describe him! The arse well and truly ripped out of his red strides :devil: thinking to himself oh dear oh dear oh dear I have sheads loads of wonky labels and stagnant perfume to try to flog down the local car booty :mysmilie_857: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii d'you wanna buy my stink laddddies??? £1 for 2 bottles :angry:

Folks once again on this thread and many other threads, Once again a huge thanks for the one liners and genuine funny suggestions and thoughts all day long.

Just a thought about poor Peter perfume yesterday, I wonder how long he was wittering on for yesterday before he was made aware that they had been pulled from the screens? I can just imagine him having a proper toys right out the pram tantrum with diva not even starting to describe him! The arse well and truly ripped out of his red strides :devil: thinking to himself oh dear oh dear oh dear I have sheads loads of wonky labels and stagnant perfume to try to flog down the local car booty :mysmilie_857: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii d'you wanna buy my stink laddddies??? £1 for 2 bottles :angry:

Thinking on about yesterday something didn't seem right a little while before it got pulled. Slippery Ben looked a bit nervous, just a minute or so before his shift was due to end at 1.00pm he was told in his earpiece he was staying on air until 2pm because Caroline suddenly had to go home sick, he even said something like 'I have no idea what items are coming up but I will soon'. Then Schlocko took over at 2.00pm only for the plug to be pulled at around 2.20pm.

It's only my opinion but I personally doubt Sherlock would throw a strop actually, he strikes me as the kind of man who'd just move onto his next project. Gollum on the other hand most certainly seems the type to get bitter and fester 'how could they can me, THE Moike Mason'

Poor Moike :mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back