Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surely this is someone who watched far too much Bid TV in the past? Bargains biting you on the bottom, and selling the stock for less than they paid for it... where have I heard that before?

Opening line first lie. " Speaking as a professional bargain hunter " :mysmilie_13: Poundland must have been closed and he has found himself in a nightmare selling watches,.

I knew it wouldnae be to long before more brilliance reappeared with P&P at £100 a go :mysmilie_12:

Oh dear Mega, I don't think you are fully cured. You may need some extra help not only from your GP, but maybe the larger of the hospitals in your town. Actually, I think I need to join you for treatment myself, we may get a group discount!

Try and find out how much it will cost. we might have to have a whip-round of fellow bidsters and price droppers

I know you will all be sat on the edge of your seat waiting for Sally's big price draw winner announcement but that's not coming just yet but that's not al..... here she is from ladies night to the bright white with a last chance to sign up for free to the Skin Pharmacy Prize Draw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2JzwX4Ixk

Last edited:
Try and find out how much it will cost. we might have to have a whip-round of fellow bidsters and price droppers

I know you will all be sat on the edge of your seat waiting for Sally's big price draw winner announcement but that's not coming just yet but that's not al..... here she is from ladies night to the bright white with a last chance to sign up for free to the Skin Pharmacy Prize Draw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2JzwX4Ixk

I guess this could be seen as desperate, or ever so slightly suspect. Take your pick.

Why would she possibly appear to be promoting a brand that she used to shill on Bid?

I wonder if Lisa Brash is impressed?

I think we need check Dr Dave's qualifications. There are a lot of people out there who are not very trustworthy. For example thete are people who claim Skin Pharmacy is better than Botox or that a Vodaphone is just as good as an i-phone. I could go on but I think you get the picture. I'm sure the good doctor is qualified but he may have printed his certificates off Mike Mason's pooter!

I guess this could be seen as desperate, or ever so slightly suspect. Take your pick.

Why would she possibly appear to be promoting a brand that she used to shill on Bid?

I wonder if Lisa Brash is impressed?

Last weeks prize draw was for a LYDC handbag and this week Skin Pharmacy! Did she fill her boots and bags before she was shown the Bid door??

And poor Lisa, have you seen the state of her? Looks like she's been doing the ironing again :doh:

Opening line first lie. " Speaking as a professional bargain hunter " :mysmilie_13: Poundland must have been closed and he has found himself in a nightmare selling watches,.

I knew it wouldnae be to long before more brilliance reappeared with P&P at £100 a go :mysmilie_12:

I wonder what the 'free gift' in the little bag is? Maybe a subscription to a DiscountStoreTV Club where the first month is free and you have to cough up £20 for the other eleven.

I think I may be in trouble folks. Mu mum has been suffering withdrawal symptons since Bid's demise and I thought I would find some clips on Youtube to make her happy. I found a video on there called Mike Mason - a compilation of clips from 5 years back. He was "dancing" and generally acting the "lovable Cockney geezer we all know and love". She went very quiet after viewing the clip and has barely spoken since. I think she is going to report me to Age Concern for inflicting suffering on her! I may need a lawyer quick!

Last weeks prize draw was for a LYDC handbag and this week Skin Pharmacy! Did she fill her boots and bags before she was shown the Bid door??

And poor Lisa, have you seen the state of her? Looks like she's been doing the ironing again :doh:

Poor Lisa, my word she's unlucky. She always seems to get bruises on her face.

Poor Lisa, my word she's unlucky. She always seems to get bruises on her face.

Isn't stopping her plans though.........

Busy securing some fantastic products to start my own live online shopping channel. It will have all the usual brash madness great bargains and some amazing products (products I know you will all want) the only p and p will be what Royal Mail charge and no phone call. The best bit is that 2 four hour shows will be filmed from my home live and you guys can all call into the show if you have any questions about a particular product you are interested in. Hopefully you will see some of the familiar faces hosting with me that you are missing from your screens. Watch this space.....exciting times ahead xxxx

Isn't stopping her plans though.........

Busy securing some fantastic products to start my own live online shopping channel. It will have all the usual brash madness great bargains and some amazing products (products I know you will all want) the only p and p will be what Royal Mail charge and no phone call. The best bit is that 2 four hour shows will be filmed from my home live and you guys can all call into the show if you have any questions about a particular product you are interested in. Hopefully you will see some of the familiar faces hosting with me that you are missing from your screens. Watch this space.....exciting times ahead xxxx

Well I find her entrepreneurialism both inspiring and refreshing. In tough economic times like these it's just what Britain needs.

In fact I too am considering setting up a home based business. My idea is that shoppingtelly.com members call through, on a freephone number, and buy insults from me for their favourite ex-Bid TV stooges (or their partners). I'm even happy to provide impersonations. And absolutely no p+p charges whatsoever.

ooh d'ya know I first came across this fragrance ........................:mysmilie_59:

Well I find her entrepreneurialism both inspiring and refreshing. In tough economic times like these it's just what Britain needs.

In fact I too am considering setting up a home based business. My idea is that shoppingtelly.com members call through, on a freephone number, and buy insults from me for their favourite ex-Bid TV stooges (or their partners). I'm even happy to provide impersonations. And absolutely no p+p charges whatsoever.

ooh d'ya know I first came across this fragrance ........................:mysmilie_59:

It seems like we have all been at it Wirral as I'm also starting my own business of bid merch (merchandise for people not "with it") I was very lucky a ship from China had some space come available a couple of weeks back so I got the larger of the discounts on it so that means I can pass the savings on to you :)

I'm launching my own clothing line. My personal favourite is an all over print in the viscose of "not only" but if you look at the finer of the details you will spot the odd 0904 251 2000, Our Bet, Our Maude, Our Lease, Pop it in Pete, Our Sabina, at ome, I love a curvy lady, just buy, I love this, oh wow, that's quite extraordinary, yeah, ohhh right, strite, the one...the only...Peter Simon, larger, smarter, shinier, deeper, thicker, smaller etc I don't want to spoil it for you but most of the classics are there.

The newer of the bobble heads of all your favourites, If you flick Peter Simons head he will say 1 of his famous phrases but they all have their own little thing special to them - I won't tell you what they are as it will spoil the surprise when you just buy at ome. The Sally Jacks version has been set with not 1 but 2 speakers to give it a realistic sound, I've also made logo versions of bid, bid.tv, bid-up.tv, price drop, price-drop tv, price-drop.tv, speed auction, shop at bid, bid plus, bid shopping & sit-up channels and when they bounce they play the music loops I managed to record off the TV or got from our friends on the TV of the forums. I've also managed to secure a £1 MEGADROP or simple M version if you prefer that has some classic megadrops over the years and shows the madness presenters used to get up to when 1 happened.

Action figures will be of the similar style without a wobbly head but if you choose to cut the head off once you have them sat on your mantle piece and stick a spring in it then that's up to you

but that's not all.....The P&P you pay will be what it costs to send and not a penny more, I know these are products you will all want as a last memento of these channels
and if you buy when they are launched there will be no call charge as I don't have a call centre as they all busy kicking balls at each others backsides and being redeployed as tea ladies and mail openers (don't ask) so these will be available exclusively online so keep checking back for details or you can sign up to my newsletter for free and find out first about limited edition lines and be entered in to a free prize draw ;-). Limited editions will include the cute little Christmas pudding they had on the graphics, the special Christmas pudding Megadrop M, 0904 251 2000, 0904 251 0100, 0904 251 3210, the bid triangles, the price drop triangle, the speed auction triangles and the UK's biggest discount channels

and yes I will be keeping at least 2 of every line for myself as one of the channels biggest fans in the past.

Give me ya thumbs guys and JUSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT BUYYYYYYYYYYY

Last edited:
Good news I've had some interest from the guy who came up with price drop's final format. He's been put in charge of the creative renewal of a well known b&b / hotel chain and he tells me they are going to have some themed rooms and he wants some of my merch to fill them with, there will be a bid room, a price-drop room and a speed auction room where the price drops the longer you stay - which to me sounded quite interesting as a reverse style holiday.

How it works is each room cost £1,700 to start with and the price reduces possibly all the way down to £1 depending how long you stay for :)

How will they make money? I hear you asking - well...
There is a £7.99 fee for the mint on your pillow service which isn't optional but the good news is its a 1 off fee no matter how long you stay for so you can't grumble at that
There is a £1.53 charge every time you ding the bell on reception or call room service - this is then added to your final bill

Now the real genius of this radical idea is that the longer you stay the better the deal however obviously they can't let every guest pay £1 + the mint and other charges so the staff will do everything they can to be unhelpful, rude, insulting and just generally make you life as hard as possible - I'm told his inspiration came from a recent flight on Ryanair and look how well they are doing.

You will also be given 2 £10 credits a day per person to spend on food but they are only spendable for a secret 5 minutes twice a day. To increase your chance though you can use a thing called dibbing which for a £5 fee per view will show a 15 minute window during the day that the voucher is NOT valid for. There is no limit as to how many times a day you can dib.

Sounds like fun? I think it could be the way forward don't you?

Some of our best loved stars will be there too. Chef Wayne will be in the kitchen, Mike Mason will greet you at the door and show you to your room, Sally Jacks has been drafted in for the morning wake up call to ensure you don't sleep too long. Peter Simon will be taking your order not only the fish, not only the chips, no only the larger of the peas, not only with the sauces from the red to the brown, not only the fizzier of the pops, not only with the crispier of the bread rolls - sorry your 5 minutes to claim this meal has expired better luck next time and then they boys in the band play WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that there will be a new shopping channel apart to begin. It is being run from a back bedroom from Ventnor on the Isle of Wight. The man running the channel apparently had a large stock of high quality items and he will be selling items for less than he paid for them. I can't wait for it to begin!

Drunk sherlock seems a bit awesome.

Evening all.

Who is the guy from that new shopping channel in the vids... i'm sure he used to shill "bamix" on ideal world

Latest posts

Back