Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

word on the grapevine is that there will be a sallyjacks boutique opening inside Harrods next door to Shylock Perfumes Inc. :mysmilie_12:

If the on screen graphics are to be believed (which I'm not sure about) then he appeared to be moving stock.
Still preying on the elderly and the vulnerable 'If he promised to buy you diamonds all those years ago now you can buy those diamonds for yourself.'

The graphics on Gems are always spot on. They've also never had any problems shifting stock - it's not the magic of Pete that has started shifting things. Gems can do that with any of their presenters.

Even in the early hours of the morning, they can shift quantities of 100+ very quickly.

Bid TV Gems are not. Their presenters can over-exaggerate a bit too often, but other than that, its all pretty professional on Gems. The good, calm, presenters such as Scott Worsfold and Jim Brooman (That's Jim Bowman if you're reading Pete) can sell things effectively without any gimmicks, screeching and over-exaggerating and prove how things can be done normally - whilst still selling high quantities.

The graphics on Gems are always spot on. They've also never had any problems shifting stock - it's not the magic of Pete that has started shifting things. Gems can do that with any of their presenters.

Even in the early hours of the morning, they can shift quantities of 100+ very quickly.

Bid TV Gems are not. Their presenters can over-exaggerate a bit too often, but other than that, its all pretty professional on Gems. The good, calm, presenters such as Scott Worsfold and Jim Brooman (That's Jim Bowman if you're reading Pete) can sell things effectively without any gimmicks, screeching and over-exaggerating and prove how things can be done normally - whilst still selling high quantities.

Indeed, right now Adina Stubbs is selling 200 Magnetic Sterling Silver Bracelets for £20. They sold the lot in a couple of minutes, they flew out.

And they opened an auction for 400 sets of Sapphire Sterling Silver earrings for £49.99 at 9.00pm, they'd sold out by just after 10.00pm.

What on earth is Peter on about "Mother Earth produced this before the birth of Christ...the stone of kings...the gem of regal royalty of after and vandervelts not only of Monroes...":mysmilie_506:

There are moments in these auctions when I get genuinely excited and I ramble but I get worried, I worry cos there's a lot of you on the phone..but you know for that one moment you get this you open it and you see what you have acquired is just simply...a queen of gems"

What on earth is Peter on about "Mother Earth produced this before the birth of Christ...the stone of kings...the gem of regal royalty of after and vandervelts not only of Monroes...":mysmilie_506:

There are moments in these auctions when I get genuinely excited and I ramble but I get worried, I worry cos there's a lot of you on the phone..but you know for that one moment you get this you open it and you see what you have acquired is just simply...a queen of gems"

One things for sure... on Gems we won't be hearing his "Space Diamond" drivel :mysmilie_17:

It's not like his monologues were not public - whoever hired (or was paid) Peter Simon at Gems is clearly insane or just plain daft! I will go for both! :mysmilie_17:

It's not like his monologues were not public - whoever hired (or was paid) Peter Simon at Gems is clearly insane or just plain daft! I will go for both! :mysmilie_17:

Let's hope he passes his Gem Exams otherwise his appearances may be very short lived :mysmilie_19:

Seemingly not, on his first night he said he has to do them too.

Then again he's said lot's of thing over the years hasn't he?

If the questions are on tanzanite and gold plate, he should pass

They were selling tanzy on Gems the other day and the expected life of that particular gem is now two generations. The goalposts have moved again!

If the questions are on tanzanite and gold plate, he should pass

They were selling tanzy on Gems the other day and the expected life of that particular gem is now two generations. The goalposts have moved again!

I've never been much of a Gems TV viewer but having tuned in a bit this week there seems to be a fair bit of bull going on.

However, they are clearly not in the same league as the crap that was spouted on Bid.

I agree, last night was simply awful. He did the same pitch he used to do with the worry angels... if you have nobody to speak to blah blah blah then use this :mysmilie_17: I think he was refering to some miniscule diamond irc lol. It was embarrassing listening to him & I simply had to turn it off.

Last edited:

We found it quite reassuring to hear about our Karen and pleated skirts once again. It was either that or Escape to the Country repeats.

Latest posts

Back