Red carpet manicure

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm currently using Microcell and being far more careful than I was before with using rubber gloves for washing up.

I'm taking an enforced break from Shellac (beautician off sick).

I had 2 nails with a bit of peeling layers, but they haven't got any worse. This is something that happens to me regularly, all on my left hand (I'm left-handed) so nothing to do with the Shellac or Microcell.

I'm still weighing up whether to go for a BlueSky set on Amazon (the CND dupe) or just wait for my beautician to get back.

I won't bother with the Top That based on Sevenfootsam's verdict. But I'm still holding fire on RCM until I've seen prices and what's included in any TSV set.

M&S now sell rcm and have a 20% off at the mo .... Just a thought

@mayMorganLondon. I have a few bluesky gel polishes from eBay but find the RCM ones are better quality.

Io
I'm like the voice of doom on these threads but Shellac absolutely destroyed my nails and I'm someone who normally has naturally strong, long nails. Great whilst I was using it but the minute I stopped my nails fell apart. I had flaking, splitting nails that took months to recover.

In my experience in absolutely does damage and weaken the nails. My shellac experience means I would never use any kind of gel again. A couple of years on and my nails are back to their normal talons.

RCM ruined my nails too it took 6 months for them to look even slightly recovered and I would say a full year to get back to normal. I tried so many things to aid recovery but found the best solution was not to use anything at all.
I thought someone on here mentioned some new pro five coating you can get now which allows you to peel the polish off easily. I was tempted to get some and try Gain but I have resisted up to now

I've just started using Sensationnail nail shields ne'er the gel polish. Bot seems to be working quite well and protecting my nails. See my earlier posts in this thread

I have removed the Sensationnail nail shields. They lasted 5 days and then some started lifting at the free edge but I did spend all day Sunday cleaning albeit with rubber gloves but using very hot water. I peeled them off yesterday evening. My nails are in much better condition having not been soaking in acetone to remove the gel.
I zamay have got more days out of them if I had recapped my nails with the top coat. I don't think I quite got the application right when I filed them down to fit the nail. I will try again tonight if I have time. 5 days isn't bad as there was some re growth visible and after 5 days I am bored with the colour anyway.

Thanks for the update. I've decided not to bother trying them. I painted my nails with Nails inc, using their undercoat first then finishing with their, gel effect topcoat.
I did it on the Sunday and took it off the following Saturday night because it had just started to chip at the sides.

I'm happy with that so not going to risk wreaking my nails again with gel systems.

Latest posts

Back