Ruth's Cotton Cardigan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
There are some angry responses to the cardigan Ruth showed last night. Mainly about the high price and how old fashioned it was. It looked better on Huntley than on Ruth or on the models. However, too short imo, and I'm inclined to think that with it's weight and its being 100% cotton, it will start to droop and lose its shape. But, according to QVC at the time of the show, it was 'flying out the door.' PS, Ruth was very 'snippy' to Huntley several times!

Was it because Huntley looked so much better than her in their almost identical outfits?!!
The pink color was better than the neutral colour Ruth was wearing and the vest top underneath suited the cardigan better than the high necked t shirt Ruth was wearing. Also, Huntley has a better body shape in the tightish jeans while Ruth's wide leg jeans looked blocky and funny.

I don’t know if it’s my imagination but I very often think that RL is one not to be crossed. As my Dad would have said “a nasty piece of work”. IMHO her range is way way overpriced. I mean a pair of trainers for £115.

And yes that cardi is far too short and expensive. Recently bought a similar one that comes to mid thigh,
in acrylic (can’t wear wool) for £26. I avoid cotton as its does stretch and takes an age to dry.

I don’t know if it’s my imagination but I very often think that RL is one not to be crossed. As my Dad would have said “a nasty piece of work”. IMHO her range is way way overpriced. I mean a pair of trainers for £115.

And yes that cardi is far too short and expensive. Recently bought a similar one that comes to mid thigh,
in acrylic (can’t wear wool) for £26. I avoid cotton as its does stretch and takes an age to dry.
I agree - I bought one in primark for £7 in the sale, and another in Tesco for £8, same design but much longer

There are some angry responses to the cardigan Ruth showed last night. Mainly about the high price and how old fashioned it was. It looked better on Huntley than on Ruth or on the models. However, too short imo, and I'm inclined to think that with it's weight and its being 100% cotton, it will start to droop and lose its shape. But, according to QVC at the time of the show, it was 'flying out the door.' PS, Ruth was very 'snippy' to Huntley several times!
People are right to be angry, she taking the absolute mickey with this price. £54.00 including postage for a short cardigan! M&S are selling theirs for £27.50. The only way this will stop is if people stop buying, but the sychophants, like the women who were on the show last week will keep on buying!!

People are right to be angry, she taking the absolute mickey with this price. £54.00 including postage for a short cardigan! M&S are selling theirs for £27.50. The only way this will stop is if people stop buying, but the sychophants, like the women who were on the show last week will keep on buying!!
Ruth always stresses that the materials she uses for all her clothes are top quality, hence the higher prices of similar items on the high street. Is the M&S cardigan inferior quality cotton do you think? Or is she stretching the truth?

I can't see how angry could come into this equation, unless you're angry with yourself for buying it. All of Ruth's offerings are overpriced, some more than others, and this rather ordinary cardigan is one of them. Don't buy, just have fun taking the pi$$ out of the idiots who think they're buying designer or think it's worth paying an extra £25 just because a famous person might say your name on the telly.

At least we didn't have to listen to those awful jokes all the time.

Ruth always stresses that the materials she uses for all her clothes are top quality, hence the higher prices of similar items on the high street. Is the M&S cardigan inferior quality cotton do you think? Or is she stretching the truth?
I think if there is one thing you can reply on M&S for it's quality across the board. The very fact that she always feels she has to justify the prices that she has, to me speaks volumes!

I'm not interested in fashion shows, but she always seems to be on when I flick Q on of an evening. If it's not her it's Ultrasun Abbie, talk about overkill!

Who on earth would want to look like/dress like RL anyway? certainly not me that's for sure.

I seriously do not appreciate what people see in most of RL’s offerings.That is not down to my personal taste but looking at the outdated styling, vastly overpriced items in relation to most of the High St. companies out there.I haven’t bought any of the pieces but very much doubt that the quality will be significantly different either. Ruth is a good presenter & perhaps many of her faithful buy into that, they are in a space where they think they are getting something special, mainly because they don’t look any further?

I seriously do not appreciate what people see in most of RL’s offerings.That is not down to my personal taste but looking at the outdated styling, vastly overpriced items in relation to most of the High St. companies out there.I haven’t bought any of the pieces but very much doubt that the quality will be significantly different either. Ruth is a good presenter & perhaps many of her faithful buy into that, they are in a space where they think they are getting something special, mainly because they don’t look any further?
She's in it to make money, not to do anyone any favours. I think that QVC shoppers in her age group believe that if it's good enough for Ruth, it's good enough for them. Sheep.

Perhaps Ruth was a bit pissed off with Catherine's smugness now that she loves to tell us she's "lost four stone". Yes well bully for you and you look nice but we all have an idea how you lost it and that gets my goat actually as some diabetics are now on insulin because their injectable prescription just wasn't available anywhere. Ah well as long as you look good in a pair of jeans eh?

CC (sorry, in a mood tonight)

Perhaps Ruth was a bit pissed off with Catherine's smugness now that she loves to tell us she's "lost four stone". Yes well bully for you and you look nice but we all have an idea how you lost it and that gets my goat actually as some diabetics are now on insulin because their injectable prescription just wasn't available anywhere. Ah well as long as you look good in a pair of jeans eh?

CC (sorry, in a mood tonight)
If she is taking the famous jab, she pays a lot for it unless she is diabetic, but I doubt that.

I know quite a few people with Type 2 Diabetes who eat more sugar laden foods in a week than I (no diabetes) would in months.I am particularly aware as a relative,many years ago now was an emergency admission into hospital in a diabetic coma.It had not been diagnosed but just with injecting as much insulin as possible he survived and was Type 1 for the rest of his life.I do not understand the blasé approach to the situation.

Latest posts

Back