Sailor Hattie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Am I missing something? Hattie keeps waffling on about how she's a sailor now, and she's going to do captains deals, etc.

I think the best sailor in the world would struggle to stop HMS Gemporia from sinking at the moment.

Perhaps she could guide Dave Sloth's ship full of Jade out to China though to save us from being drowned with it? After all, China can't get enough of the stuff apparently............

Hattie is flogging red agate necklaces etc tonight and people are paying ridiculous prices for them.Some were over £100 but you can buy red agate extremely cheaply online.Im talking for twenty quid and even less for a necklace.Don’t these buyers ever do ANY research?

Hattie is flogging red agate necklaces etc tonight and people are paying ridiculous prices for them.Some were over £100 but you can buy red agate extremely cheaply online.Im talking for twenty quid and even less for a necklace.Don’t these buyers ever do ANY research?

This is how shopping channels make their money though. Impulsive buyers. People see something they like on screen - and then they buy it.

I doubt anyone ever tunes in thinking "I've got a bit of cash in my pocket this month - I'll see ifbi can buy a 9k gold ring in the shape of a bow with 1/2 carat of diamonds". People just tune in, see something they like, and grab it.

If people took the time to research before they bought, the likes of Ideal World, etc would have closed down years ago because everything they sell can be bought from Amazon, eBay, etc much much cheaper. Often with cheaper / free delivery, quicker, with longer guarantees. Etc.

This is how shopping channels make their money though. Impulsive buyers. People see something they like on screen - and then they buy it.

I doubt anyone ever tunes in thinking "I've got a bit of cash in my pocket this month - I'll see ifbi can buy a 9k gold ring in the shape of a bow with 1/2 carat of diamonds". People just tune in, see something they like, and grab it.

If people took the time to research before they bought, the likes of Ideal World, etc would have closed down years ago because everything they sell can be bought from Amazon, eBay, etc much much cheaper. Often with cheaper / free delivery, quicker, with longer guarantees. Etc.
I agree with this 100%. Gemporia might tell viewers to do their homework and research various gemstones, but that's the last thing they want anyone to do. Because informed potential buyers would ask questions about the jewellery on offer that Gemporia presenters have absolutely no intention of answering.

Someone in the market for a specific item of jewellery, especially a high end piece, would do a lot of research over a considerable period of time before making their decision. Gemporia wants people buying impulsively, and emotionally. And as ignorant of real world jewellery values as possible.

Latest posts

Back