She's doing it again - Suzie on Northern Nights.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie, I'm so relieved you said this. I thought my memory was playing tricks with me when I heard her rabbiting on about nylon flannette and nylon nighties. I can't stand being "duped" like that - I'm sure anyone 50+ will remember Brentford Nylons.

Re her age - mid fifties maybe - difficult to tell as I think she's had some work done, and that colour hair doesn't suit her tango'd face. I think she looks good for her age - dressed appropriately, well groomed.

Re Craig - he's another one who can't stop "caressing" the sheets as he puts it. Makes me puke. .

Yes I`m a child of the candy stripe flannette era too..and remember the awful Brentford Nylon bedding too..that was a trip down memory lane :)

I remember getting a yellow Bri-nylon nightie from Brentfords which clung to every contour of my body with static and caused me to have an electric shock when I touched my metal door handle!!!

There's going to be a Northern Lights TSV on the 6th of October.

Lucky us eh? Excitement all the way :yawn:

it looks a bit like cath kitson i have loads of plain dye bedding hope this looks as nice as on the tv

I need patterned bedding. I have two hairy arsed buggers who share my bed and plain bedding isn't up to their paw prints and defluffing habits. One of said hairy arsed buggers is my avatar.

Don't like these though.

I need patterned bedding. I have two hairy arsed buggers who share my bed and plain bedding isn't up to their paw prints and defluffing habits. One of said hairy arsed buggers is my avatar.

Don't like these though.

My mind went to a completely different place until I noticed your avatar... :devil:

Is the other "hairy arsed bugger" your husband, because I'm a mite concerned about the paw prints and defluffing habits :wonder:

Why is the woman coming out with all this twaddle? She keeps on saying that the flannel when she was young was made of nylon and you got your toes stuck in it. How in God's name can flannel be made of nylon?

Absolute rubbish!! She is talking about brushed nylon. They were a trend in the 60's. Brentford nylons and market stalls sold them.

We have had flannel for years only in my day they called it flannelette. Candy stripe usually. I grew up with them. I know for a fact that I was sleeping in flannelette sheets in 1960, the week Coronation Street started so there you go.

So if she doesn't shut up talking about BRUSHED NYLON, I swear I will ram her Northern Nights into the Land of the Rising Sun.
Oh dear, what have the Japanese done to upset you?

Yes I`m a child of the candy stripe flannette era too..and remember the awful Brentford Nylon bedding too..that was a trip down memory lane :)
As a teenager I can remember thinking my mother was very old-fashioned using flannelette sheets rather than modern, up-to-date nylon....until I went into digs on teaching practice where I had to sleep in the damned things - bl**dy freezing in the cold South Walian winter when the snow outside was knee deep and the house didn't have central heating.

bit off topic but I love Dunelm Mill, have a massive one very near me and I have had so many fab things from there. Will be down there on payday looking for some of their flannel bedding. Thought the N N stuff was hideous, very old fashioned. Oh and I recall the candy stripe sheets when I was little.

bit off topic but I love Dunelm Mill, have a massive one very near me and I have had so many fab things from there. Will be down there on payday looking for some of their flannel bedding. Thought the N N stuff was hideous, very old fashioned. Oh and I recall the candy stripe sheets when I was little.
Ooh yes, can I be a member of the Dunelm Mill fan club please?

My mind went to a completely different place until I noticed your avatar... :devil:

Is the other "hairy arsed bugger" your husband, because I'm a mite concerned about the paw prints and defluffing habits :wonder:

I have two Norwegian Forest Cats and no husband :eek:)

Him in the avatar and his brother. :eek:)

I vaguely remember being told to avoid using fabric conditioner with NN flannel , as that is what makes it bobble . I don't and so far mine hasn't !

have mine on the beds now. the pink for my tomboy daughter looks and feel lovely. she is hard to please and is snuggled up in bed watching tv now and has a big smile on her face.
i have the taupe as my room is cream and gold and the flowers lift and soften my bedroom. i really love the stripes on both sets.
i will be washing and drying them constantly to put them through thier paces.
the sets are made in portugal btw!

Latest posts

Back