Shoddy knitwear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I've not seen one item of knitwear I like during the TSV launch hours. They are made so badly, several pieces cobbled together so you get horizontal seams where you wouldn't normally see them, collars sewn on so that you can see rather a thick seam where it folds over at the front. Wrap-over cardis that have a skimpy wrap so it gapes open towards the hem and the front edges dip into 2 points (iyswim). One ribbed cardigan is pieced together so badly that the "ribs" don't match at the seams.

The way the waterfall frill is sewn on that cardigan that DF is wearing is appalling - it is too stiff, it hasn't been eased around curves and the gathering is uneven.

They look like poor quality market stall stuff - in fact Chelmsford market sells much better quality knitwear for a third of the QVC prices. If you want stylish, good quality and reasonably priced knitwear I wouldn't go any further than M&S.

This really annoys me, sorry for the rant.

Some of the knits I see on QVC seem poor quality ( haven't had my hands on any of them!) To keep prices down, although already pointed out the cost of some QVC items are high for this quality.The yarn used can make the garment look OK when new but will soon go out of shape / & or 'pill'.This 'Cashmasoft' ( sorry sp.) looks very thin and has it seen a hair of a Cashmere goat?
At least if you do buy from a market stall you can see & feel what you are getting for the price.
I do 'know' my knits from an earlier life!!!M&S is good quality for the prices IMO.

I would say M & S too - I would guess Primark do better quality than some of the stuff QVC peddle...

I buy a lot of knitwear from the TK Maxx website. I recently get a cotton/angora mix cardy for £24 that when I showed my husband, he thought had cost at least £70. Last year I got 2 cashmere/cotton cardigans for £16 each that are light as a feather, soft and warm.

QVC knitwear just isn't in the same league quality wise but streets ahead price wise.

I buy a lot of knitwear from the TK Maxx website. I recently get a cotton/angora mix cardy for £24 that when I showed my husband, he thought had cost at least £70. Last year I got 2 cashmere/cotton cardigans for £16 each that are light as a feather, soft and warm.

QVC knitwear just isn't in the same league quality wise but streets ahead price wise.

Blimey I didnt know they had one....
Im off for a look.
Bye!

I've not seen one item of knitwear I like during the TSV launch hours. They are made so badly, several pieces cobbled together so you get horizontal seams where you wouldn't normally see them, collars sewn on so that you can see rather a thick seam where it folds over at the front. Wrap-over cardis that have a skimpy wrap so it gapes open towards the hem and the front edges dip into 2 points (iyswim). One ribbed cardigan is pieced together so badly that the "ribs" don't match at the seams.

The way the waterfall frill is sewn on that cardigan that DF is wearing is appalling - it is too stiff, it hasn't been eased around curves and the gathering is uneven.

They look like poor quality market stall stuff - in fact Chelmsford market sells much better quality knitwear for a third of the QVC prices. If you want stylish, good quality and reasonably priced knitwear I wouldn't go any further than M&S.
This really annoys me, sorry for the rant.

I recently purchased a OTO Cashmasoft cardigan, I am really pleased with the quality and it was a good price.

(mum writes)

I felt this about Storybook Knits. I posted about it a while back but I was very disappointed with the quality of the product. I didn't dawn on my why they never showed the inside of the garment on air but I realised when I had one delivered - it was full of untrimmed knots! It really looked like the sort of thing a complete novice would produce, and that's being unfair on novice knitters. I was surprised at how bad it looked. Of course, it went straight back. You couldn't have worn it if the inside showed. I'm an avid knitter and know how to properly finish off when you join panels together. I'd never buy this brand again.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a OTO Cashmasoft cardigan, I am really pleased with the quality and it was a good price.

I'm pleased, it's so annoying when you're looking forward to wearing something new and it then disappoints.

Latest posts

Back