Attitudes by Renee Jacquard Knit Waterfall Cardigan TSV 22/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought Renee's offerings couldn't get any worse....they just have with the tsv, my first thought was a misshapen horse blanket. They couldn't pay me enough to wear that monstrosity. I really think QVC fashion is getting worse. I think the plus size model knew that she looked ridiculous and decided to laugh rather than cry...she was a good sport to appear in that get up.

This is yet another example of the American 'designers' trying to enforce us to wear what the American women have in their wardrobes - women with no taste and years behind the times.

We`ve had presenters wearing black leggings, white leggings, peep toe white wedge, toe posts, baggy emus, 1980`s shoulder pads, pointy toe black knee high look alike Cher boots, enough polyester to give off enough static to light a camp fire, bilbo baggins trousers, shapeless multi layered sacks, and now we have them wearing a Mexican drug cartel cardi and looking as if they should be propped sitting against a wall with a huge sombrero on their head, a guitar across their lap and a black cheroot smouldering in their lips. Seen it all now, I really have and that image has scarred me for life lol !

Brilliant post Vienna! My thoughts at midnight were very similar about the TSV, my husband even commented as he came in that he hadn't realised that this year's fashion trend was emulating Clint Eastwood and now I can't get a film theme tune out of my head. I think what makes this cardi/blanket worse is the way the fabric has been cut on the front sections making the front hang away from the body and with no thought put into how this also makes the border print mismatch front to back IYKWIM. I would be amazed if this sells well today, and really what does this say about QVC's buyers to chose it as a TSV in the first place.

Well let's hope Hiawatha wasn't standing waiting for the Hermes man to lob this particular TSV in the general direction of his wigwam - if he bought that cardigan/blankie as a surprise for Minnehaha I doubt she'd have been impressed & he'd have spent the next day trudging many miles off to the nearest CollectPlus point to return it!

:mysmilie_507:

A correct surmise, KwC.

We`ve had presenters wearing black leggings, white leggings, peep toe white wedge, toe posts, baggy emus, 1980`s shoulder pads, pointy toe black knee high look alike Cher boots, enough polyester to give off enough static to light a camp fire, bilbo baggins trousers, shapeless multi layered sacks, and now we have them wearing a Mexican drug cartel cardi and looking as if they should be propped sitting against a wall with a huge sombrero on their head, a guitar across their lap and a black cheroot smouldering in their lips. Seen it all now, I really have and that image has scarred me for life lol !
Hahaha Mexican drug cartel cardi so funny.

I have several waterfall cardigans. They are all made of thin fabric and cost no more than around £10 each in sales. I like them as they cover my lumpy bits without being too frumpy.

I have just seen the TSV. It. Is. Awful. It looks like someone has sown a load of mismatched bits of fabric together. In the dark. Who are the QVC buyers? What made them think that this was a goer?

I have a fine jersey waterfall jacket from Primark, must be 3 years of at least and looks OK.

Last edited:
Psssst ! I think this Aztec/Inca/Mexican/Clint Eastwood/Hiawatha is very 'in', cos I had the most awful acrylic b/white cardi of similar design bought me for my birthday a week ago, and it was from .......... F & F courtesy of Tesco. (aaaaaagh !!!!)

Psssst ! I think this Aztec/Inca/Mexican/Clint Eastwood/Hiawatha is very 'in', cos I had the most awful acrylic b/white cardi of similar design bought me for my birthday a week ago, and it was from .......... F & F courtesy of Tesco. (aaaaaagh !!!!)

Yes, but you know Tesco is very fashion-forward. You could go 'from desk to dinner' with a few tins of beans, some veg, and a box of washing powder. I can hear Glenn now "dress it up, dress it down with a little white cauliflower"

I think I've seen that one in Tesco Brissles. Was this bought by someone who doesn't know you very well or did they think you might wear it for fright night (Halloween) Hope you were able to change it!

Just been on QVC's Facebook page and noticed someone has put a comment on there with a picture of Clint Eastwood in a Renee style poncho. Own up, is this one of our forum members or just someone reading here and posting our thoughts?

Just been on QVC's Facebook page and noticed someone has put a comment on there with a picture of Clint Eastwood in a Renee style poncho. Own up, is this one of our forum members or just someone reading here and posting our thoughts?

I hang my head in shame whilst smirking behind my lone ranger mask ..

I think I've seen that one in Tesco Brissles. Was this bought by someone who doesn't know you very well or did they think you might wear it for fright night (Halloween) Hope you were able to change it!

No, it was from my sister-in-law, who is not known for her taste, and is not a 'shopper', so all her 'gifting' goes into the trolley at Tesco or Morrisons. I've received some very 'interesting pieces' over the last 40 years.

For the avoidance of family conflict, the 'cardi' is on the coat rack for all to see, but only worn under cover of darkness to walk the dog.

I haven't watched any QVC today and typically it seems I've missed all the excitement of snoozing drugs barons and Wild West rodeos. Story of my life.

Ah well. Onwards and upwards. :mysmilie_478:

Trying my bestestest to say something positive; Kathy was wearing the purple TSV on the morning show, a colour she said she doesn't often wear, but it really lifted her complection (pattern not withstanding).

Trying my bestestest to say something positive; Kathy was wearing the purple TSV on the morning show, a colour she said she doesn't often wear, but it really lifted her complection (pattern not withstanding).
To be fair I think that the purple option is the best of a bad lot, probably because there is less of a harsh contrast between the two patterns on the cardi...but that's as far as my positive thoughts can stretch. I didn't see the TSV on Kathy so can't comment further, but I do feel for the presenters who have had to flog this today!

Renee has a line of patter I have not heard since song lyrics were written by singers high on LSD. "I am the magic wand and you are the blackboard"

Lucy in the sky with diamonds, and pass the spliffs.

Poor Sharon . She looked awful in head to toe blue florals .Renee remarked to her that she wasn't her usual chirpy self ,was very quiet. I wonder why? even some of the tallest slimmest models can't sell some of this stuff.

Only just seen the TSV - good god, it is horrendous. Oh my poor eyes. Who on earth selects these TSV's?

Latest posts

Back