Showroom Shine help!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Hello, have just bought a car. Was looking at products to help look after it and I came across this "Showroom Shine" product on QVC. It looks great - just mist it on and wipe off to a fabulous shine - but something tells me it's a con. Seems expensive at nearly £20 a bottle. But then if one bottle does 12 washes it would last a long time and be cheaper than paying a car wash.

Does anyone have any experience of Showroom Shine? Are there any products that are less expensive out there?

Thanks for any advice. I remember from when I used to own a car before I would use a car shampoo from Asda and would be there all morning scrubbing and rinsing with umpteen sponges. I can't be bothered with all that any more! Will Showroom Shine be good for me?

Is this similar to Grease lightening which was on Ideal World (and q recently I think)?

Despite what they say I can't help feeling that without washing the grit and dust first that all you are doing is sanding the paintwork

Hi I have been using Greased Lightning for years and cannot remembering last time I used a bucket and water. Two years ago I tradeed in a 2006 Kia and was given £2,000 for it as it looked so good. The garage thought it had been professionally cleaned. Not bad seeing I only paid £3,330 for it in the first place. My 4 year old yaris shines and I get a lot of comments on how clean it looks.

I personally would not use any other products.

Hope this helps.

Hi I have been using Greased Lightning for years and cannot remembering last time I used a bucket and water. Two years ago I tradeed in a 2006 Kia and was given £2,000 for it as it looked so good. The garage thought it had been professionally cleaned. Not bad seeing I only paid £3,330 for it in the first place. My 4 year old yaris shines and I get a lot of comments on how clean it looks.

Hope this helps.

Oh thanks, tmlee. I'm glad to hear you like this product. I was just browsing the QVC website and I saw Greased Lightning are doing this kit on special offer. It includes a whole bottle of Showroom Shine plus some other products and cloths. With free P&P it's not much more expensive than one bottle of Showroom Shine. I'm thinking of buying the kit. If it's no good I can always use QVC's famous 30-day MBG!

Here's a link to the kit:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Greased-Lightning-6-Piece-Valeting-Car-Care-Kit.product.506816.html

Hope this helps.

Really interesting, I've often considered this kind of product as I live in a flat and have to lug the buckets out and across the street to wash the car so am a very infrequent car washer... it's such a faff I end up doing one wash every 3-6 months - how often do you use GL to clean your car for best results?

Do you also use it for cleaning windscreens and wheels as well as paintwork.?

I've just bought the kit. They said it will be delivered by the 22nd so we will see how it goes! Can't wait to give it a try. I always like to have an immaculate vehicle!

I usually clean my car once a month but it does not always need it. I use it to clean the alloys and all the glass and mirrors. They advise not to use it on the window screen but I do and I have never had a problem. Even if you spray it on the black trim it rubs off easily. Once you have used it a couple of times you will find sand (I live on the south coast) washes off when it rains and it is shines agai. My mother has even been known to help me wash the car and she is nearly 70 and doesn't find it hard work.

I've used both Greased Lightning and the Williams 'no water' kit and both do an excellent job. I'm sure that you'll be happy with the result, Julius.

A couple of cheaper alternatives ive used are Gulf Spray & Shine from TK Maxx £1.99 for 500mls and Triplewax Waterless Wash and Shine from Asda £4 for 1 litre. Ive never used Showroom shine so cant directly compare but both of these do the job very well :)

Showroom Shine and Greased Lightning are the same product. I've been using it for years and even though I'm disabled with spinal curvatures I can still use it, all right it might take me hours but I still get a great result. My car is parked under a tree so you can imagine the crap I get. The biggest bit of advice is keep using the "wet" cloth until it is black and you can't use it any more as there is loads on the cloth. Also use it sparingly as it really doesn't take that much so yes it does go far enough for the amount of cars it says. When I get really bad tree/bird mess they do a project called Bug Buster which gets rid of tree sap and bird lime. The other thing I like is that there is virtually no shelf life on it as all it does is separate and you just need to give it a good shake and it's ready to go again. I too use it on my windscreen even though it says not to and I've found that it works in reverse and actually diffuses the glare. If you gave me a hundred bottles of the cheaper alternative options I would refuse and keep with the Showroom Shine.

Good thread - nothing beats honest reviews from people who actually use a product. I'm one of those who tends to wait for the rain to wash the car, as I'm terminally lazy. I currently use a product called Berzerk, which I got from IW years ago - it lasted well because I use it as seldom as possible :D Almost running out now though so I will give the Showroom Shine a try :) I also used to use the Greased Lightning engine treatments, but I'm not sure if they make those anymore. It was great stuff and kept my old Fiesta running for 15 years!

I've used Greased Lightning for years and it really does a great job. I also use it for cleaning the conservatory and house windows...... really good.

Williams is superior imho and i have used both, williams is far easier to buff off with no white reside when it dries and leaves a great finnish

ive used showroom shine for years, it's great and easy to use. It's great washing the car without buckets of water. If you have a Boyes store near you, they sell it too and it's often on offer

A couple of cheaper alternatives ive used are Gulf Spray & Shine from TK Maxx £1.99 for 500mls and Triplewax Waterless Wash and Shine from Asda £4 for 1 litre. Ive never used Showroom shine so cant directly compare but both of these do the job very well :)

Thanks, Autumn. I will look out for those. It sounds as though these products are good. I did have a look in my local Asda and they hardly had any car care product at all, just a few containers of oil and a spray of screen de-icer. Am looking forward to the kit arriving. I want my car to look pristine. I can't stand driving a vehicle that is less than immaculate!

I've used both Greased Lightning and the Williams 'no water' kit and both do an excellent job. I'm sure that you'll be happy with the result, Julius.

IW's POTD is 3X 1Litre bottles of Williams Waterless wash and Wax for £14.95 + £3.99 postage.

Oh dear, don't know what possessed me, gone for the 3 litres of Williams. I have never washed a car in my life. :mysmilie_17:

Oh dear, I've missed out on the Williams, but I've ordered the Showroom Shine kit (contains one litre of Showroom Shine plus Bush Buster, Dash Devil, Crystal Clear and some cloths). I had an email from QVC saying it's been dispatched so we'll see how it goes when it arrives! I really like the sound of these products as I could never stand the whole buckets of water / sponge thing.

Latest posts

Back