Slim n Lift! Cringeworthy TV or what?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Picture this. You are sitting down at tea time with a dish of nice strawberries and probiotic yogurt. You tune into QVC as it's normally quite relaxing. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Anne Dawson is on! Not so bad in itself I actually quite like her in a way. BUT! The combination of her voice droning like bagpipes as she gushes with syrupy enthusiasm whilst they show close up shots of some poor middle aged woman's muffin top midriff flopping out all over the place like a Pilsbury dough advert is just too much to bear. Words cannot describe my anguish as I lunge for the remote control, only......it doesn't work! I twiddle the batteries and try again to no avail, meanwhile the camera has moved up to show a before and after shot of the Aire Bra. The picture on the left (before) looks like a couple of old fried eggs, and on the right it looks like someone has shoved some grapefruits in there! Hardly underwear to attract a mate with! So I lunge at the television and press the off button, putting it into standby mode........and then.........the ****** thing switches on again all by itself!!!!! only this time they are showing some poor woman whose derriere is practically sagging on the floor like the train of my graduation gown, and then in the right she looks all pert! So I just get the plug and yank it from the socket, do lotus position for a few minutes and then return to my strawberries!

Did anyone else see that shapewear thing? I really don't understand why people would wear it. If I looked flabby like that I would get rid of the flab, not squash it all in with those garments! Those people should get down the gym!

I must say that I admire them though for showing their imperfection on TV. It was just the combination of Anne Dawson's voice and the footage that made it a bit stressful. Richard Attenborough she aint!

Last edited:
i wouldn't have seen it as can't cope with AD even on mute. after a certain age, no amount of gym will stop sag......

Yes i lost loads of weight and the gym wouldnt remove the loose flesh, no amount of
exercise would help, you need surgery, and i know that cause i had the surgery, then
put the weight on again, not as much, but if you think thats bad wait til you see the
Ladea demonstrations, oh myy goodness :puke:

Some of that shapewear looks more like hernia pants. Imagine getting it on with anyone wearing that. It would be like going on a date with Claudia Schiffer whereupon your date would magically turn into the Pilsbury Dough Man's sister upon removing her keks! Yeeeeeeeek! You'd run a mile!
i wouldn't have seen it as can't cope with AD even on mute. after a certain age, no amount of gym will stop sag......

I don't know what Ladea is Barbs. I was in M&S the other day in Brighton. Had a cup of tea in Café Revive and was desperately trying to get out, only I couldn't find the escalators. As I walked through the womens' underwear section I noticed that all the knickers has either a little white bow or a pink rose attached to the front. Like that makes them so much more attractive!

I think I would have surgery if I needed it. I always want to look great.

Some of that shapewear looks more like hernia pants. Imagine getting it on with anyone wearing that. It would be like going on a date with Claudia Schiffer whereupon your date would magically turn into the Pilsbury Dough Man's sister upon removing her keks! Yeeeeeeeek! You'd run a mile!

note to self: let it all hang out at all times in case the keks come off.........:thinking:

I don't know what Ladea is Barbs. I was in M&S the other day in Brighton. Had a cup of tea in Café Revive and was desperately trying to get out, only I couldn't find the escalators. As I walked through the womens' underwear section I noticed that all the knickers has either a little white bow or a pink rose attached to the front. Like that makes them so much more attractive!

I think I would have surgery if I needed it. I always want to look great.

Well sometimes life happens and you dont get what you want. You sound young as if you
have money. Surgery would never have entered my mind until i lost the weight, but
unfortunately life happens and as your life changes so do your priorities, children and
mortgage, and divorce, so you loose weight and have loose skin so you have to
resort to slim and lift etc, and ladea, which is another pull you in sort of thing, so
hopefully it never happens to you and you can always look great :beer:

Did anyone see the aire bra woman discreetly pull down the white vest on the model to try n disguise the rolls of fat above the jean waist band, caused, I hasten to add, by the wearing of the aire bra? They are total rubbish, dig in under the arms roll up under the bust despite being told 'no they dont'

I think it's good to have "real" people on TV. I think there should be more if it. I just wish that they'd put Anne Dawson and the Muffin Tops on after the watershed, and with a warning!

They always seem to use small busted women on these bra presentations, and I think its because anyone with an ample bosom would morph into Les Dawson territory ! They look like they would give a too rounded bustline for my 42 DD cup, so I'll stick to my underwired jobs that give me a good shape.

Top Tip - if you're young with an ample bosom then sleep with a bra on to enjoy a firm bust in later life. I have all my life, and because of the support while sleeping, they haven't headed south at all (the only thing that hasn't mind), so its really been worth the effort.

Can remember being told never to wear a bra at night.
Just shows you were all told
different things, i like a bit of "help" at night, but when yuve big boobs you want the help, wouldnt have gone to bed
without some support

Could always get some scaffolding!

You may jest, but just imagine turning over in bed and your baps following half a second later, and always with the danger of being slapped in the gob !!!!! They can be very weighty things boobs, and joking aside, when you let'em loose it can be quite painful - hence harnessing them in the night !!!!!! But I've benefited from it, so what the hell !

Gulp! I ordered those aire pants things because I am like the lady who had stretched skin after c sections. No amount of gym will make that go away, and I wouldnt have surgery even if I could afford it. I hope they work my lifting and smoothing my tummy area. If not will send them back. I wont be worrying about whether I am going to be embarassed if I "get it on" in those pants. Quite frankly I am more likely to be found in bed, comatose, at 9.30 pm in my tesco pyjamas. The kind of woman who needs those pants because of what life has done to her body is probably too tired to care if she looks sexy enough. When I read posts like that I just think "just you wait..... soon it will be you"

It is a very long time since I saw a thread like this on Shoppingtelly. :wonder:

No Boffy I am not a woman hater at all. I don't hate any section of society, other than chavs / people who don't want to work to support themselves. (The sort of people on the Jeremy Kyle show). I think women have a tough time of it though. I think on balance it's easier to be a man.It must be difficult having to wear a bra all the time etc.
julius are you a woman hater?

No Boffy I am not a woman hater at all. I don't hate any section of society, other than chavs / people who don't want to work to support themselves. (The sort of people on the Jeremy Kyle show). I think women have a tough time of it though. I think on balance it's easier to be a man.It must be difficult having to wear a bra all the time etc.

If women do feel as though they have it tough, I doubt whether having to wear a bra all the time is one of the reasons why. However I'm sure we'll find out shortly!

Latest posts

Back