So where is the Quality and the Value?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

neelia

Registered Shopper
The Convenience is what it is but if the Quality and Value is poor, it doesn't much matter how convenient it is.

I think bother Q and V have gone down but maybe I just have had it too good in the past.

I still think that you can get great Q and V in skincare - maybe not as much as in the past but still there. I know we are told the value we are getting on say TSVs but I have got so used to getting a collection of premium skincare for under £50 that my mind takes this as a standard. I was shopping in a real shop not so long ago and had a wee splurge on a few items and was shocked at the price.

I think a lot of the clothes are a lot of old tat but again there is Q and V hidden in there.

Where do you think QVC still has its Q and V?
Which brands?
And which brands do you think are slipping?

I mainly buy beauty stuff and Yankee. The value to me is largely in the TSVs, so long as you know or are pretty sure you will like all or most of the items. I think when beauty stuff is off TSV you have to be very careful and check online. For instance Gatineau can offer good duo prices etc all year, but L'Occitane prices with the p&p added are mainly store prices. Now that is OK for me as I live near a store so can get it easily myself but you do have to take the time to work out if it is actually the brilliant price they claim. I did buy the Elemis Xmas TSV but have largely stopped with them as the price is so high. So I have rambled on but am trying to say the value is often there but you have to do the maths to make sure!

On the YC front I would say there are good value collections in TSV and super bargain packs but be aware of other sites.

On the quality front I am happy with the things I get from them but I do check the reviews, look online and OF COURSE note what people think on this forum.

Last edited:
The scales fell from my eyes a long time ago and the rose tinted glasses were binned. Long before I found Q my skin was ok, my house smelled nice, my kitchen functioned just fine, my bed was comfy and warm and I didn`t die a long painful death because my dressing table wasn`t loaded with umpteen lotions, potions and gadgets.
Yup for a while I swallowed the hype, don`t we all ? Yup for a while I bought into the sales patter, the supposed expertise and the idealistic presentations but then common sense kicked in and the love affair was over.
I have only one face so i really don`t need enough stashed skincare to clean a battalion, especially when totted up and the total cost of stashed skincare/perfumes totals hundreds of pounds. Plus most of them are 5 minute wonders, 5 minutes later the presenters are saying there is a newer/better/more updated item we simply MUST own.
I have one house, one face, one bed, one kitchen and all of them function perfectly without the latest steam mop, the latest bedding, the latest candle or the latest lipstick.
So for me the quality and value in Q simply don`t matter anymore. Its MY quality of life, MY values and MY convenience which now take top priority.

Latest posts

Back