So who buys Bibi Bijoux then....?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
So much for the widespread fame of Bibi Bijoux....or not!

Was talking to one of my girls on the phone, whose tastes are, how can I put this a bit delicately, well frankly a bit chavvy! lol Uggs, Hollister, River Island at a push, that kind of thing! (I'm not mean, she says herself she likes chavvy stuff, OK? lol) She asked what I was watching on TV - Bibi Bijoux I said, her reply....'Who?' Says it all really! :wonder:

Elder DD, whose tastes aren't remotely chavvy in any shape or form, wouldn't be seen dead in 'jingle jangle' & although I haven't asked her, I'd put money on it that she's never heard of the brand either! :tongue:

Im sure Im mistaken and apologies to anyone who buys this but I see it as chavvy too.

Each to their own I say, but I do have to add the that in my mind the Bibi lady and the range are well matched

I bought the last TSV , the first time around, and have had a few compliments. The charms constantly kept rolling under due to the weight.
I like it, not mad about it, but like it. I think Bibi are expensive for what they are, after all, they don't have any silver, do they?

I don't know if younger DD would like the range or not if I stuck a piece under her nose, I suspect not as she's kind of moved on from New Look type jewellery & prefers her jingle jangle to be of the Links of London variety but if she'd never even heard of it, it does make you wonder as I would have thought she'd have been something along the lines of their target market.....?

We've had this before with QVC though, talking up a brand - remember Leighton Denny in the Daily Mail & they had not the foggiest idea who he was? OK, it's a manky rag, with articles written by illiterate weebles but they can usually spot the most inconsequential Z list 'celeb' at 100 paces.....? :wonder:

I bought the last TSV , the first time around, and have had a few compliments. The charms constantly kept rolling under due to the weight.
I like it, not mad about it, but like it. I think Bibi are expensive for what they are, after all, they don't have any silver, do they?

Was that the one with the various coloured leather cord on the bracelet? I kinda liked that one but did not fancy the idea of my jingle jangle constantly flipping round to underneath & becoming more of a dingle dangle....! :grin:

Okay, I hate any jewellery with hearts on it. So a big NO from me.

A local jewellery maker does a range very similar some without the hearts and much much cheaper but just as good looking.

My name is Barbs, and i have 3 pieces of Bibi, and i bought the TSV for a present for
my daughter's friend. Feel better now :wink:

Was that the one with the various coloured leather cord on the bracelet? I kinda liked that one but did not fancy the idea of my jingle jangle constantly flipping round to underneath & becoming more of a dingle dangle....! :grin:
That is the one :happy: It is a bit annoying, but you get used to getting it the right way up when you wear it. I have one in purple, wish I had one in red, but will NOT order another, unless it is less than half priced :giggle:

My name is Barbs, and i have 3 pieces of Bibi, and i bought the TSV for a present for
my daughter's friend. Feel better now :wink:

Not mocking those who like/buy it Barbs (honest! lol) - I'm more interested in QVC telling us how marvellously well known & sought after some brand or other is, when I can't help but sometimes wonder if that really is the case? Maybe it is in this instance but I remain cynical when it comes to stuff spouted by QVC! LOL

Well I have to say i don't get it,I think its hugely over priced...and no different to something you couldn't pick up in New look or a market for a tenner.

That said i did catch 5 mins of QVC today and that 5 mins did consist of an owl bibi necklace.I did love it.If I had had the money and in a wild moment,I could have ordered it.

I don't like the big stand outish pieces, i own 3 bracelets, not too overstated, and
i like jingling when i go about he he. They're a bit like the Lola Rose bracelets,
they jingle too, so a bit of jingle jangle is okay, but not those awful necklaces etc.:grin:

Well I have to say i don't get it,I think its hugely over priced...and no different to something you couldn't pick up in New look or a market for a tenner.

That said i did catch 5 mins of QVC today and that 5 mins did consist of an owl bibi necklace.I did love it.If I had had the money and in a wild moment,I could have ordered it.

that's the case with most of their fashion jewellery imo.

When you see them in real life, they are very heavy and well made, with swarovski crystals in them, and hand made, but
i agree you either love them or hate them. No in between

It is like Lola Rose too, I ordered 3 Lola Rose necklaces as presents for relatives in the USA, and I paid good money for them, but I wish now maybe I should have bought them something from a brand that they were familiar with. They know I won't give them rubbish, but will not know that they are designer stuff.

I don't like the big stand outish pieces, i own 3 bracelets, not too overstated, and
i like jingling when i go about he he. They're a bit like the Lola Rose bracelets,
they jingle too, so a bit of jingle jangle is okay, but not those awful necklaces etc.:grin:

I like a bit of jingle too, Sparly :happy: I sometimes wear bangles solely for that jingle, somehow it gives me a happy feeling.

With you there, caretodiffer: I like a bit of jingle jangle because it makes me happy too! I think the Bibi looks nice (and I like hearts) - it looks nice and solid - not being silver would be good re not tarnishing and, although it's not precious metal, I think it's a good safe alloy. But I don't have any. (Love Lola Rose and have some of that because I like that it's semi-precious stones and the designs are lovely - a bit of jingle jangle on the toggle bracelets, but also like the 'quiet' stretch bracelets.)

I have a few of the understated bracelets, not too jingly, a leather buckle one too. I love them. I do think its a case of "dont knock it till you've tried it" because I havent found anything on the high street that feels as nice as Bibi.

I like a bit of jingle too, Sparly :happy: I sometimes wear bangles solely for that jingle, somehow it gives me a happy feeling.

Me too, love hearing them when i'm driving, and they make me happy too, weird isn't it.
Obviously doesn't take much :cool:

Latest posts

Back