Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone’s thanked QVC for sending them a 15% discount code. Is that QVC being generous or getting desperate for sales? 😉
They've never ever sent me anything except a demand for payment when my card had expired and I hadn't noticed 😡 I've shopped with them from the start as well.

CC

'I’ve just opened a northern nights bedding set and although the package says king size, the bedding itself is super king.

Very disappointed with your response that this cannot be exchanged as the order was placed 12 months ago.

The item is not fit for the purpose it was purchased as it is not as described. Now I have an expensive bedding set that I cannot use. I am disappointed QVC'.

Why tell everyone that you're daft?

Mr CC offered to buy it me for Crimbo. I declined. I've hardly touched the products (matrix excluded) from the last TSV so no need for this. I was chucking out "gone off" products today and must have binned £100 worth of Judith Williams that I got bored using because it wasn't making me look like tight face Jude. I also had quite a bit of god knows how old cleanse and polish that went out as well. How wasteful and I hate chucking money in the bin. I will use everything I have before I buy more beauty.

CC

There seems to be a spate of creepy men now posting on QVC Facebook.:censored:

Candycane I used to love Elemis Xmas TSV but for the past few years, I find them totally boring.

I had a wander in my local TKMaxx yesterday. Interesting to see Liz Earle there, the older style moisturisers, they have on and off Gatineau moisturisers all under £20. I often get the idea they come from QVC unsold stock they want rid of and send it to TKMaxx.

Mr CC offered to buy it me for Crimbo. I declined. I've hardly touched the products (matrix excluded) from the last TSV so no need for this. I was chucking out "gone off" products today and must have binned £100 worth of Judith Williams that I got bored using because it wasn't making me look like tight face Jude. I also had quite a bit of god knows how old cleanse and polish that went out as well. How wasteful and I hate chucking money in the bin. I will use everything I have before I buy more beauty.

CC
Yeah right 😂I keep saying that.

Daughter received a 15% code today, me f$%K all after years of spending, cheers Q.
I was a customer from the beginning until a few weeks ago & not being valued was one of the reasons that made me decide to close my account. I didn't want birthday messages or constant reminders that they hadn't heard from me for 'some time', I just wanted to be acknowledged as a loyal customer. QVC & loyalty? I must have been mad 🙄

CC
Do you REALLY want to look like tight face Jude? 😶

Continuing the Jenny Taylor posts from earlier - - - -

Cartoon Tess Tickle 124168852_10220.jpg

I wonder if his father would have been even more hurt to see the consequences of his name choice?
And with KitKat,being one of the oldest branded chocolate bars sold in the UK, there was really no excuse.
Sure a confident extrovert might have made hay (and a name for themselves) with such a moniker, but it's disastrous for others. What a terrible shame!
There's a Jane Wunder Piles in one of my Facebook groups, but she seems pretty humourless, so don't go sending her messages, please. ;)
What is it with Americans and daft names? In the same Facebook group as Jane Wunder Piles is Denise Metzinger Minge! :ROFLMAO:

You do know people despite what Facebook say can use fake names? You can make up a name but as long as you have an email address no problems.
But also, it seems to me that in the US people are more earnest and less likely to see humour in someone's name.
British humour is often about wordplay, and especially puns...plus the inevitable toilet / dirty word humour.
I often smile to myself about the name of the US Ambassador to the UK. His name is Woody Johnson. What makes me smile is that both names are used as euphemisms relating to part of the male anatomy...

An Arsebook poster calling for older presenters to be pensioned off.

Personally I think it’s time all of them were sacked for incompetence but just imagine if this person had dared to suggest a certain ethnic or sexual orientation presenters go it would be pulled but when it’s age it’s somehow ok.

I think we vintage members should run her out of town - will I order the bus?

Latest posts

Back