Sodastream TSV 28th of June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My sister in law had one of these contraptions many years ago and I used to dread going round to her. She went mad making drinks with it and foisting them on anyone who went in. I thought they all tasted really syrupy and sweet. The tonic water one she put in vodka and tonics, was particulary foul. Lucikily, the novelty wore off with her and her soda stream and it got put in the back of the cupboard.

I have one of the new ones (bought when they were half price a few months ago) and love it. I drink a lot of sparkling water, so even just for that, it's worth it's weight in gold!

They are different from the ones from years ago, in that they now make a large 500ml plastic bottle of drink, rather than the small glass bottles they used to produce. The gas bottles are now double the size too.

Have tried the lemonade mixer stuff, the orange and the cola and all were fine. However we tend to mix squash with ours (as it comes in so many more flavours nowadays than it did in the 80s!).

I have one of the new ones (bought when they were half price a few months ago) and love it. I drink a lot of sparkling water, so even just for that, it's worth it's weight in gold!

They are different from the ones from years ago, in that they now make a large 500ml plastic bottle of drink, rather than the small glass bottles they used to produce. The gas bottles are now double the size too.

Have tried the lemonade mixer stuff, the orange and the cola and all were fine. However we tend to mix squash with ours (as it comes in so many more flavours nowadays than it did in the 80s!).

You are right Birdie - it was the early eighties when she got it. I am glad it has improved. I could be wrong, but I think they had just been invented then.

You are right Birdie - it was the early eighties when she got it. I am glad it has improved. I could be wrong, but I think they had just been invented then.

we had one in the 70's. it was metallic orange. matched the wallpaper! :doh:

My parents always went for the cheap version of whatever was trendy, so we had a Kenwood Cascade instead. We used to make 'cocktails' which were always disgusting and tasted of the 'cola' syrup.

I wonder how many will buy this tsv just for the nostalgia factor and use the 30-day mbg?

Latest posts

Back