Somebody please buy Adina a dictionary

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, and did anyone watch Hattie flogging chains over the last couple of days? She had on a mariner link chain, which was even spelled correctly in the on-screen graphics.

But for some reason, she kept pronouncing it as a "marina link chain". And nobody corrected her, so she kept saying it like that over and over.

I thought that Gemporia presenters were supposed to be highly trained and experienced jewellery salespeople? (End sarcasm 😉). How can you buy from someone who doesn't even know how to pronounce what she's selling properly?

And jewellery is Gemporia's bread and butter. Is not like it's something from one of the additional ranges that has cropped up over the last few years.

Harry Winston

For some reason, I read that as Harry Ramsden.

Which is ironic, because I suspect that Jade Thompson is an expert in that field as well based on how his shirts always seem to be close to bursting....

And jewellery is Gemporia's bread and butter.

Give it time, and they'll probably be selling that on-air to fill time now that jewellery seems to be shown less and less, and non-jewellery items seem to be making more of an appearance.

For some reason, I read that as Harry Ramsden.

Which is ironic, because I suspect that Jade Thompson is an expert in that field as well based on how his shirts always seem to be close to bursting....

Give it time, and they'll probably be selling that on-air to fill time now that jewellery seems to be shown less and less, and non-jewellery items seem to be making more of an appearance.
I bet Harry Ramsden's staff could sell jewellery more professionally. And with loads more dignity.

And have you seen the state of Jake "Supersize Me" Thompson's teef? Has Gemporia been saving even more cash by getting our glorious new MD/gem purchaser and investor/tea lady to carve new gems with his gob?

Never mind dragging the guy to Blacks to purchase an eight person tent or two for him to wear, get the man to Turkey ASAP for some emergency veneers. Last time I saw teeth like his, it was in a documentary about UK austerity during WWII

Adina selling this last night (nice-ish stone, machine setting). Exclaimed that it was fancy cut (actually just Step cut - a quick look at her info monitor would have told her) and then she paused before confidently stating that the "extra" facets were on the girdle. How long has she worked for the channel?

🙄

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-21-06-50-51-519.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-09-21-06-50-51-519.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 33
Adina selling this last night (nice-ish stone, machine setting). Exclaimed that it was fancy cut (actually just Step cut - a quick look at her info monitor would have told her) and then she paused before confidently stating that the "extra" facets were on the girdle. How long has she worked for the channel?

🙄
Nice to see she's putting that GIA accreditation to good use 😑

Adina always looks completely manic and laughs hysterically every time the final price appears. Every single time even after so many years.
The poor love must also be shockingly poor. Not only does she have to apparently wear the same clothes for every show, but she's allegedly always buying whatever she brings to air.

Allegedly 😏

The poor love must also be shockingly poor. Not only does she have to apparently wear the same clothes for every show, but she's allegedly always buying whatever she brings to air.

Allegedly 😏
She also stocks up on primal items....2 hours of primal last night what the neck is going on?

Turkwaaz? I'm off to Paree on the choo-choo to source some high end bling from Gemporia's contacts on the Place de Vendome.

Someone needs a slap! 🙃

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-19-05-04-14-949.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-19-05-04-14-949.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As it's about Adina, I will put it here. It's a shame you can't take her at her word. Selling a solid gold bangle currently at £999. She promised it under £300. But said it would be going under £30. Quickly corrected herself on that one with, 'imagine'. I paraphrase ;)

As it's about Adina, I will put it here. It's a shame you can't take her at her word. Selling a solid gold bangle currently at £999. She promised it under £300. But said it would be going under £30. Quickly corrected herself on that one with, 'imagine'. I paraphrase ;)
Strange how Gemporia managed to stop themselves from honouring that mistake when they've happily let loads of other alleged ones go ahead in the past, isn't it? 😏

Strange how Gemporia managed to stop themselves from honouring that mistake when they've happily let loads of other alleged ones go ahead in the past, isn't it? 😏
If it were honoured, I'd buy two. I don't wear bangles, but £30 for 'real' Italian Gold. Yes please :) :p And yes, they seem to honour 'mistakes' (aka it's not a mistake, but a sales tactic) only if it's silver or non-metal.

You can always tell the 'mistakes' and the proper mistakes.

When they're 'mistakes', they encourage everyone to "snap them up" at an "unbelievable price never to be seen again" - until the remaining stock goes on air the following day at the same price out of the goodness of their hearts for fearness.

The real mistakes either get taken down as soon as they can - or they sell out instantly.

A family member got a gorgeous pair of Thomas Rae gold and diamond earrings for £30 about 5 years ago. There was genuine horror on Angeline's face (as opposed to false 'shock') - and they cut to adverts for around 5 minutes while they talked it through. It was a genuine mistake - and on a normal day, I'd say the earrings would have been worth about £170.

The real mistakes either get taken down as soon as they can - or they sell out instantly.
You saying this, I have seen occasions where they do give 'moments' on air rather than just letting them stay on. Not that often, and on both channels I watch: you know the two by now.

Latest posts

Back