Susan Graver ...frumpy fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
Does anyone really wear those kaftan tops? Seriously hideous clothes. The tsv is so far beyond hideous it left hideous behind about 50 years ago. It's at at times like this I know I'm watching the wrong channel.

It's a ****** joke to call it fashion, goodness knows who buys it. And the price is beyond belief.

I'm handing myself over to the fashion police and confessing to owning one of Susan Graver's long cotton jersey tunics from about 5 years ago. I still love it and wear it often - but this latest batch of nonsense is more like Michelle Hopeless.

.......and is that the canter of reindeer hooves across Christmas Quacker T-shirts that I can hear approaching?

I'm handing myself over to the fashion police and confessing to owning one of Susan Graver's long cotton jersey tunics from about 5 years ago. I still love it and wear it often - but this latest batch of nonsense is more like Michelle Hopeless.

.......and is that the canter of reindeer hooves across Christmas Quacker T-shirts that I can hear approaching?

I own 1 Susan Graver item too. It's a burnout print (actually now in Last Clicks for a tenner!) and isn't slinky polyester. It's quite nice actually. But the rest is tat and the TSV today is dire. Just dire.

Debbie Flint looks awful. Mind you, those white trousers don't help matters. Maybe black might have been a better choice.

Have anyone noticed how when these 'designers' are asked what their influences are, so many of them say their background is in art - or they majored in art! I think that is meant to impress us.

Surely if they are proper designers, their background would include attending design school? None of them seem to claim that. Taking into account the dire "fashion" that Q peddles, I can only surmise that none of these so-called designers have graduated from such fine institutions like Central Saint Martin.

I think it is time QVC sacked their fashion buyers, and get someone in that believed in good value classic fashion.

Yet another TSV in the usual polyester. How is this creation any different to the efforts of Renee, Michele H, Kim, Cydney Mar, Diane Gilman, Nina Leonard, George Simonton ..........?

All I can say is that the buyers' jobs must be sooooo boring.

Are the buyers of this tat based in this country or are they based in the U.S? I tend to think the latter as surely a genuine fashion buyer from the U.K. would not associate her/himself with such rubbish unless of course they are not given any choice in the matter.

Ladies! Ladies!
May I remind you - Quality Value Convenience!
This is no ordinary tat - this is QVC's finest that has taken hours of careful thought & planning, approved at the highest levels.
They are fighting over the remote in the Valleys for this!

I think it is time QVC sacked their fashion buyers, and get someone in that believed in good value classic fashion.

Why would they, they don't give a stuff - all they want is a lorry load of tat at a knockdown price that they can talk up on air, iron to within an inch of its life to make it look good, shove on an attractive (mostly!), relatively normal looking 'yes, this could be what you will look like in it' model (i.e. no heroin chic 19 year olds!) & give a stupid name to, either a completely made up one or some poor old has been from the seventies clinging on by their fingernails & no longer caring what the real fashion world thinks of them.....!

Michele Hope et al will claim on air that if their clothes were pants, 'I wouldn't still be here after 16 years' - the only explanation for this is that people are too lazy or tight-fisted to pay out for truly nice quality clothes, are inherently stupid, or, as the vast majority of 'available to the masses' clothing is a pile of shite anyway, the QVC offerings fall into the range of acceptably normal? I dunno really, it's quite bizarre!

........but, when all is said and done, none of it is as bad as the hideousness that passes for fashion on Ideal World.

You have only to look at a well known Internet auction site to see many items of QVC clothing including Indigo Moon and Basso that are struggling to reach bids of £10 or even £5! .
A clear indication I believe of the poor standard of clothing and awful fabrics that are constantly being shown on Shopping TV channels as desirable fashion.

You have only to look at a well known Internet auction site to see many items of QVC clothing including Indigo Moon and Basso that are struggling to reach bids of £10 or even £5! .
A clear indication I believe of the poor standard of clothing and awful fabrics that are constantly being shown on Shopping TV channels as desirable fashion.

Good point Joyla - for all its faults, the Bay is an excellent indicator of true value, I use it constantly as just such a tool! :nod:

We're all in agreement! So just who is it that's buying this stuff and clogging up the airwaves with the nasty polyester stuff? A couple of forum members have owned up to the odd buy ~ by the law of averages any collection has to hold the odd gem, but year after year after year.... Graver, Hopeless, Nina etc etc. I'm fascinated as to what type of person is repeat buying this stuff and please, please stop it! Give the rest of us a chance to maybe get some half decent real designers showing their stuff.

I agree with all you said KWC apart from the knockdown price bit. I think it's vastly overpriced for nasty designs in a nasty material!

Very good point.

Slightly off topic here but joyla's reference to Indigo Moon reminded me: I've often wondered why it is, when that range of clothing is so "distinctive" - the kindest euphemism I could think of - and that the callers who ring in during the shows claim to have jackets by the dozen, I've only ever noticed one woman wearing the stuff. It was an MSP on a televised devolution debate.

I have one Susan Graver top and I love it. It's a scoop neck A line tunic with pockets and three quarter length sleeves. Looks great with jeans. I wear it a lot and it's a great simple basic top.

Funny enough it's not got a good rating on the website. Lots of complaints about sizing issues and bobbling. Mine fits great. I've had it for a couple of winters, wear and wash it loads and it hasn't bobbled at all.

Bought another top of hers in a similar style in coral. Fitted great, bobbled from the first wash!

So which is typical of her fashion and fabric I've no idea.

I agree with all you said KWC apart from the knockdown price bit. I think it's vastly overpriced for nasty designs in a nasty material!

I meant they buy it in at a knockdown price! LOL (Their mark up is no doubt several hundred percent, wouldn't be able to achieve that with truly decent stuff, hence we're never likely to get a whiff of such items!)

Latest posts

Back