Tarte Auto Delivery Drop Cancelled

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, so if you are waiting for your drop this month seems it has been cancelled.

QVC have gone quiet and only people pushing by contacting CS are being told. A few have money already taken!!!!! Leigh said she has no idea why this has happened as its QVC and people need to contact them.

So some got letters saying there would be a delay, others' letters saying too many orders.

Reading on Facebook now they are being cancelled altogether.

This is so disappointing and quite infuriating. I was really looking forward to receiving these and I've yet to hear anything officially. The first I heard about this was a message on Leigh's Facebook page where she says she is puzzled and will try to find out what has happened. I've contacted CS myself (and am still waiting for their response). I can never understand how these things happen.

So the assumption from this is that as far as Tarte is concerned, they have fulfilled the supply of stock required for the AD orders offered and taken...which begs the question, what's happened to that stock? Has QVC given away too many things to its 'buddy bloggers', so paying customers are disappointed and in some instances out of pocket as they've still taken the money for the AD?!?!??! Or has it been 'lost in the system'???? Warehouse fire perhaps??!??!?

I truly do not understand why this is happening at all, let alone so frequently and to all sorts of AD orders as well - none of this makes any sense!

So the assumption from this is that as far as Tarte is concerned, they have fulfilled the supply of stock required for the AD orders offered and taken...which begs the question, what's happened to that stock?

I don't think we can draw any kind of assumption from what we have 'learned'.
For anyone who hasn't seen Leigh's comments (or doesn't 'do' Facebook) here they are:
"U.K. tartelettes! I know there is some frustration regarding the unexpected cancellation of the TSV AD shipment that some of you have been anxiously awaiting. I want you to know that while we were unaware that this was occurring, we are working to figure out how this happened and how we can fix it. I will let you know as soon as I have more information. I am so truly sorry as I understand how upsetting and disappointing this is for you! Thank you for your patience while we figure this out. Xx, Leigh"

It certainly needs looking in to. I've occasionally had ADs cancelled due to things like stock shortage (ie more orders accepted than could be fulfilled) and I think there was a manufacturing issue on something a while back. But it doesn't sound like it's anything like that. As I say, I've yet to receive a reply to my enquiry from QVC. We'll see.

I wanted the second drop but not the third. I wonder whether the third is cancelled as well or just the second?

I'm not going to bother calling (I've heard nothing so far), as it doesn't seem like any information I would get would be reliable. I don't want to cancel the third drop if there is any hope of the second being fulfilled.

I wanted the second drop but not the third. I wonder whether the third is cancelled as well or just the second?

I'm not going to bother calling (I've heard nothing so far), as it doesn't seem like any information I would get would be reliable. I don't want to cancel the third drop if there is any hope of the second being fulfilled.

When a second drop has been cancelled, in my experience, they've always cancelled the whole lot. Which I hope they don't because I, too, was looking forward to the third one in particular. A few years back (sorry, I can't recall what is was - Nails Inc possibly), when there was a mix-up and some portions of the AD were unavailable, an alternative was offered (you could opt in or out) and sent (and it was a darned good one, too with some extras by way of an apology.) Which was quite unexpected (they really only have to refund any money taken in error, don't they?). But it was very nice!

Q told me the 2nd drop is cancelled but the 3rd will stand stock permitting. Surely Tarte provide Q with the stock who then despatch to customers.

The third drop contains the same pallet as their first tsv that Tarte did so I don't want that one. The pallet in the second drop however I've done some research on, watched vids on you tube etc and it looks beautiful so if I don't get that will be disappointed.

Just a thought but could it be that QVC haven`t been paying their bills on time and the credit control departments of companies they deal with are withholding stock until accounts are paid ? It seems to be happening regularly that AD`s are late or cancelled altogether, not just the Tarte ones.

Just checked mine and they havnt said it was cancelled just that they are waiting for stock so your guess is as good as mine will be p****d off if it dosent come at all don't mind it being a bit late just love the tarte range

They seem to be doing what tour operators used to do a few years ago, overbook. If they can't fulfill they shouldn't offer AD.

People who had the money taken have been refunded. I will say this is now officially dead and nothing more will be heard from QVC.

Well, they still have to tell the people they haven't told yet (of which I am one), so I'm pretty sure it will!

Sheer incompetence. How many years have QVC been running in the UK? 23 years! So how come they still managing to screw things up so royally?

They seem to just about manage ADs which are the same each time... seems to be every time there is a variation there is a problem... particularly if the stocks are tight, and demand is high.

Even if they don't care about letting their customers down because most (myself included) just keep on ordering it really doesn't make great business sense.

It's going to be pretty expensive in admin costs informing everyone who's ordered, phone calls, letters etc and refunding all those who've already been charged.

Doesn't make any sense.

Must say though when this was being sold they spent very little time pushing the autodelivery and had no samples to show. The pictures were pretty poor two and rarely shown if I remember correctly.

The third drop contains the same pallet as their first tsv that Tarte did so I don't want that one. The pallet in the second drop however I've done some research on, watched vids on you tube etc and it looks beautiful so if I don't get that will be disappointed.

Oh, does it? Thanks, I didn't realise that. Would definitely cancel that one, if that's the case, as don't really need another foundation or mascara, especially now I've discovered the delights of the Maneater mascara.

Just a thought but could it be that QVC haven`t been paying their bills on time and the credit control departments of companies they deal with are withholding stock until accounts are paid ? It seems to be happening regularly that AD`s are late or cancelled altogether, not just the Tarte ones.

That possibility hadn't occurred to me, but would definitely account for why this keeps happening.

Even if they don't care about letting their customers down because most (myself included) just keep on ordering it really doesn't make great business sense.

It's going to be pretty expensive in admin costs informing everyone who's ordered, phone calls, letters etc and refunding all those who've already been charged.

Doesn't make any sense.

Must say though when this was being sold they spent very little time pushing the autodelivery and had no samples to show. The pictures were pretty poor two and rarely shown if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't bother, and just hope that customers won't notice!

Don't QVC want to make any money?! They've got no business overselling things, if that is what's going on, they should have enough experience to be able to predict fairly accurately how many customers are likely to cancel out of their auto deliveries. Worse case scenario, they can always sell any surplus auto delivery stock separately. If they sell 3,000 auto deliveries and only have the stock to fulfil 1,000, they've obviously missed out on the opportunity to sell 2,000 more! TSV's are planned months in advance, so they have ample opportunity to ensure that the stock is available and ready to despatch in time. They really don't deserve to keep going.

Update from Leigh:

Update! QVC UK has been really wonderful in sorting out what happened with the auto-delivery orders. They have discovered that here is what happened: The vessel carrying the units was delayed in shipping from the US to the UK. This is unfortunately our of their control so they sent out the letter stating that IF the units weren't received within 30 days, the order may be cancelled. But, luckily the units arrived before the 30 day window! So, no orders were actually cancelled and all collections will be shipping this weekend! Woohoo! Thanks to QVC UK for their help in sorting this out and I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone gets on with the auto-delivery collection! Cheers to that good news and TGIF, tartelettes! Xx, Leigh

Great news then! We can all haul ourselves back on the conspiracy theory, then. Really, just pleased it's all going ahead and looking forward to its arrival.

Latest posts

Back