Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am happy with mine bought the light /medium but it was more luck than judgement that I chose the right shade. Lipstick is a bit OTT on me for daytime.Looking forward to the next Tarte TSV .

Mine arrived, just tried it out.
Was concerned that the foundation would be too dark or yellow for my B&B Porcelain/BMFair skin but it's fine, got the lightest shade. Like the finish
The compact is lovely, all wearable shades of eyeshadow, lovely blusher.
Love the eyeliner, very soft, goes on easy, good dark brown with no hint of ginger.
Lipstick is dark for me so I applied it very thinly & put a lighter gloss on top. Like that it's good for daytime & lasting well.
Have the mascara still in use from the last TSV so not opened that. I like it as much as my favourite Mally.
The brushes are nice quality, bent one takes a bit of getting used to but the foundation brush is good. The bag is lovely, sturdy & useful size. All in all a keeper for me, nothing I won't use.

I so wanted to dislike this and be able to send it back but sadly I REALLY like it!!! I also got the light/medium and was worried it would work as I have pink / cool undertone but it is absolutely fine and I LOVE the delivery system and the brush. Blows Mally out of the water and is on a par of BM. The mascara is fine (no better than Mally though). The eyeliner is good (again on a par with Mally starlight ones). like the lipstick. It is dark but I have received positive comments even though it is not my normal colour and it is long lasting. I usually put a bit of peachy gloss over it to tone it down a bit). The eye-shadows and brush are also great. In short DAMN, another beauty brand I am going to have to keep my eye on!

I've tried more than just the foundation now and I really like it. The blush was gorgeous I really liked the lack of shimmer yet it was in no way a flat colour when worn. The lipstick (for some reason I just love the smell) seemed dark for everyday so I just applied to top lip and blended lips together it lasted well but seemed a little drying. The shadows and brush were much better than I had expected. The eyeliner so creamy yet great staying power, I tested on my hand and several hand washes later I could still detect it! Not opening the mascara yet, I have a bad habit of opening too many and wasting them.

Thank you to all the lovely people on here who took the time to talk about using this brand and their experience with previous TSV I would never have tried this without you and I'm so pleased I did!

Any tightlining fans out there - the eyeliner is great for this. I just use it on the upper area and it hasn't run and does not hurt your eye or sting. Since Clarins do not make their brown one anymore this is a very good alternative.It isn't a three dot one but the pencil does not drag and makes a smooth line. Tarte do a double tightlining kit available on the QVC website but if you got the TSV this is fab.

Mine has arrived, but I'm away at the moment, but I'm excited to try it over the weekend :)

I bought 2 shades of the TSV as I was unsure which shade to go for - medium beige and light medium.
I have been wearing the light medium this week, but I thought I'd try the other colour too.
I rubbed some if each foundation on a piece of white paper and couldn't really tell the difference, but the powder of the light medium looks slightly darker.
So I decided to do half my face in one colour and he other half in the other. Both shades look good and suit me well, so I asked my husband. At first glance he couldn't tell the difference, but upon closer inspection we think the light medium is very slightly darker, but it really is a small difference.
So I now have 2 sets of TSV to keep and use, so if you are still looking to buy, there isn't a lot of difference on my skin between these 2 shades, and I wear suede in BM complexion rescue.
Overall a great TSV, can't get over how soft eyeliner is, and all everyday useful colours.
Looking forward to next TSV:mysmilie_14:

I bought 2 shades of the TSV as I was unsure which shade to go for - medium beige and light medium.
I have been wearing the light medium this week, but I thought I'd try the other colour too.
I rubbed some if each foundation on a piece of white paper and couldn't really tell the difference, but the powder of the light medium looks slightly darker.
So I decided to do half my face in one colour and he other half in the other. Both shades look good and suit me well, so I asked my husband. At first glance he couldn't tell the difference, but upon closer inspection we think the light medium is very slightly darker, but it really is a small difference.
So I now have 2 sets of TSV to keep and use, so if you are still looking to buy, there isn't a lot of difference on my skin between these 2 shades, and I wear suede in BM complexion rescue.
Overall a great TSV, can't get over how soft eyeliner is, and all everyday useful colours.
Looking forward to next TSV:mysmilie_14:

Thanks so much for posting as this is really useful to me as I bought the light medium and have the medium neutral on advanced orders and was thinking I'd cancel as the light medium is a pretty good match for my skin and the reviews of medium neutral tend to describe it as orangey. Reading your post it may just be worth a try but I need to consider if I really want another set as I'm definitely keeping the light medium set.

I bought the set of double ended shadow and liners item No 209190.
The colours are more of a gold and brown, but work together well on the eyelid as a lid colour and crease colour.
I suffer from watery eyes, where my eye lids get wet on the inner corner - this makes most shadows come off, but not with these, and the other Tarte clay shadows seem to stay put too.
I bought these as I thought they would be great for travelling, as you don't needs pots, brushes ( lot less to pack) etc , and when I first applied I wasn't sure if I liked them, but as soon as I'd put my whole face on they looked fab.
I also bought the primer - small pot for the money and I'm not sure how long it will last, but it really does smooth out complexion - pores and wrinkles, ready for foundation.
Just waiting for my set of brushes now - I'm afraid I'm becoming a Tarte addict :mysmilie_50:

Is everyone happy with their TSV?

Disappointed in the foundation though, I went for Fair Honey, I am fair in B & B, it is too pale, it looks like I am applying white chalk to my face.

I got mine last night and I applied it all as top up make up as I was going out to a gig and I was really impressed with it, however I applied it all again this morning and the foundation seems difficult to apply and too dark for me - I went with 'light beige' as I wear 'light' in Mally & Doll10, 'fair' in bnb and I've been wearing 'fair/light' in the Josie Maran serum foundation. I haven't watched the presentation yet though to see if I'm applying it incorrectly. I really like the pallet and eyeliner, but lipstick is very rich, but I do like it.

Latest posts

Back