Tarte TSV 08/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blimey Chloe is orange, she is in totally the wrong shade of foundation!!!

Chloe looks dreadful in the medium foundation that she is wearing. It looks so orange. I always consider myself a similar colour to her but there's no way I am buying the to look like her. Also I wish she would shut up. I usually really liked her but today she sounds like she is working on a market stall shouting her head off to make a sake.

It must be a mine field for any QVC customers wanting to buy the TSV, I've just had a quick look and you've got shouty Everton interrupting every other second and thinking she's down the market. and as far as I could see, not all the colours were shown on the models, so phew, good luck to anyone wanting their colour, more shouting and interrupting..........and over the channel goes.

I have always found the presentations for Tarte products very poor. The guest always rushes through her descriptions of the shades. I have found her doing the same with today's TSV. Add to this Alison or Chloe shouting, interrupting and talking over the guest and the result is I am not buying!

QVC presenters have saved me a small fortune in the past few months. Just a couple of minutes of their shouting, smugness or showing off and it's goodbye.

I agree, Chloe is looking very orange. I don't know why though as I bought the medium and it's not that orange - may be she's done too much fake tan underneath the foundation ?
Or may be she's been "Tango'd"

Reading reviews on QVC US(they had this TSV last month), some loving the foundation others saying its not good on mature skin. Yet one lady of mature years said she loved it.

Of course Sharon the infamous beauty blogger saying its the greatest thing since sliced bread.:mysmilie_17:

Good ol' Shaz. It's almost like you don't believe her, Donna, but I am sure she's been very thorough and tested one against the other.

loaf.jpg

Chloe looks dreadful in the medium foundation that she is wearing. It looks so orange. I always consider myself a similar colour to her but there's no way I am buying the to look like her. Also I wish she would shut up. I usually really liked her but today she sounds like she is working on a market stall shouting her head off to make a sake.

Perhaps it's not flying off the shelves the way they expected?

If they hadn't made the whole thing so complicated, and then mucked up what was in the AD they could have got some momentum.

I thought the models on the launch looked caked in overly shimmery eye makeup, with a lot of aunt sally blusher going on. It's coming to something when I think the models look A LOT better in their before pictures!

Surprise surprise, QVC once again botch a foundation launch!

I really wanted to order the tsv but can't get to my head around the foundation colours, it seems I am not the only one.
This mourning Ali Keenan was wearing the same tan foundation as Lolintha, Lauren/Laura was wearing medium but skin in my opinion darker than Ali, I am slightly paler than Lauren/Laura but not far off, I gave up at that point- will just buy some Estee Lauder Double Wear again.

I really wanted to order the tsv but can't get to my head around the foundation colours, it seems I am not the only one.
This mourning Ali Keenan was wearing the same tan foundation as Lolintha, Lauren/Laura was wearing medium but skin in my opinion darker than Ali, I am slightly paler than Lauren/Laura but not far off, I gave up at that point- will just buy some Estee Lauder Double Wear again.

I'm really liking Estée Lauder Double Wear too and I've finally found my correct shade by actually visiting a store counter, rather than relying on the confusing tv presentations like today's. I only got it right with the Becca foundation in the August TSV by doing an online match with my Estée Lauder one.

I have a neutral skin tone and Estée Lauder is first time I have had a foundation that matches my skin, I mix a 3n and 4n to get the right colour, will just st stick with this as don't want to end up with the wrong colour.

I ordered this and am more than happy with it. My skin is drier than it used to be but I found the stick foundation not at all drying and very easy to blend. I have worn it all day from early until late and it looked just as good at the end of the day as it did when I put applied it. It removed easily too and, as I've found with most Tarte foundations, leaves my skin in a better state than before I applied it. My skin is in fairly good 'nick' but it is very sensitive and prone to reaction. I find Tarte suits we every time.
I am very fair-skinned. So far I have always been pleased with the Tarte foundations in all the Fair shades we have been given, whatever the tone. Perhaps I am just uber-neutral-toned, although I think I have very little colour in my skin other than almost white-pink.

I ordered this and am more than happy with it. My skin is drier than it used to be but I found the stick foundation not at all drying and very easy to blend. I have worn it all day from early until late and it looked just as good at the end of the day as it did when I put applied it. It removed easily too and, as I've found with most Tarte foundations, leaves my skin in a better state than before I applied it. My skin is in fairly good 'nick' but it is very sensitive and prone to reaction. I find Tarte suits we every time.
I am very fair-skinned. So far I have always been pleased with the Tarte foundations in all the Fair shades we have been given, whatever the tone. Perhaps I am just uber-neutral-toned, although I think I have very little colour in my skin other than almost white-pink.

Your skin colour sounds very like mine which is extremely pale with no obvious yellow or pink. I find most brands don't go pale enough for me use Fair in BM. How are you liking the other things in this set, do the colours suit you? I ordered the palest shade but it hasn't arrived yet.

I went for it in the end, on Auto Delivery too! Got Light Medium Neutral, which I hope will work for me. I retried the CC stick over the weekend and remembered how good it is.

There is something about these presentations that I don't like and therefore I have never bought this Brand!

I have heard some good reviews on it, so maybe one day will take the plunge!
Also, when I see these so called Beauty Bloggers Posting and constantly raving about it, then I tend to look elsewhere! :mysmilie_1:

Your skin colour sounds very like mine which is extremely pale with no obvious yellow or pink. I find most brands don't go pale enough for me use Fair in BM. How are you liking the other things in this set, do the colours suit you? I ordered the palest shade but it hasn't arrived yet.
Apologies for the delay - only just saw your reply! I feel that the rest of the colours really suit me, although I will have to approach the blush with some trepidation, since I went a bit overboard the first time and it was a wee bit 'Aunt Sally'! The second time I used it, I made sure to use much less and it was fine. I really like the hippie which, on my lips at least, has a sort of chestnutty-pink tone. Absolutely love the eyeshadows - particularly the reddy ones.

I went for it in the end, on Auto Delivery too! Got Light Medium Neutral, which I hope will work for me. I retried the CC stick over the weekend and remembered how good it is.

Me too, I went for light medium neutral as I thought the next shade up would be too dark for me or too orangey, my set arrived today, and am very pleased with it and so glad I went for it on auto delivery, I wear med beige in bare mineral, but this shade is not too light for me. I love the palette too, the colours look better in the flesh and not as red as I thought they may be, hope everyone who went for it likes theirs :mysmilie_59:

There is something about these presentations that I don't like and therefore I have never bought this Brand!

I have heard some good reviews on it, so maybe one day will take the plunge!
Also, when I see these so called Beauty Bloggers Posting and constantly raving about it, then I tend to look elsewhere! :mysmilie_1:

Instinctively (and maybe cynically) I tend to distrust beauty blogger reviews. I suspect many get sent the stuff, and to keep the pipeline of beauty freebies flowing they wouldn't dare give anything but rave reviews. Show me the receipt when you bought it, or show me balanced reviews with negatives as well as positives and I'll think about believing you!
Beauty companies have cottoned on to the idea of beauty bloggers as "influencers" and now focus on influencing and manipulating to get the reviews they want. I am extremely cynical about the beauty companies. The bloggers learn the hard way that there is no such thing as a free lunch. It just depends on character: whether greed trumps integrity.

I can always rely on my neightbour Jen to order a beauty TSV on the rare occasions when I don't and she didn't let me down. So I had a quick look at hers in shade Light Beige and made a few observations:

I hate the sticky rubbery "button" on the end of the foundation stick, I still have a couple of Smashbox items where the original neoprene finish has become unpleasantly tacky and it feels like that! Bag, lippie, mascara and brushes are uninspiring. The palette: my daughter would love the colours just as I thought. Foundation? If Jen decides to send it back I might ask for a test of the colour. She thinks it'll be too pale for her, it looks pale in the stick, but she's having a test later, I know some foundations seems to change for the look of the bullet once applied to skin. We're both a bit underwhelmed.

Any other reviews?

Latest posts

Back