Thank You for your continued support

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If I want to know the truth about a particular Q product I look here.....I have never been disappointed and I have had many a good laugh at the witty banter. Long may it continue

I think the perfect riposte is to be found in the famous Groucho Marx quote... so I began looking, and there are some beautifully appropriate ones. I've put a few below to enjoy! :mysmilie_14:

For the literary ambitions...

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it.

Groucho Marx

Chico: "Here's the book, it's a dollar"
Groucho: "Here's a ten, and shoot the change."
Chico: "I don't have change I'd have to give you nine more books"

Chico/ Groucho in A Day At The Races (Movie)

For the "do you wanna be in my gang" aspirations...

I sent the club a wire stating,
PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION.
I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB
THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Groucho Marx

If any form of pleasure is exhibited, report to me and it will be prohibited

Groucho in Duck Soup (movie)

I've got a good mind to go out and join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Groucho Marx in Duck Soup (movie)

I have been a member here on and off for quite a while and have to say I am utterly perplexed what on earth is going on or how this site could be seen in any way as contentious, let alone in an illegal manner.

I started coming to this site when I was very ill and without realising it, my life had diminished slowly and dramatically. Shopping online and from home was slowly becoming a way of life. I have since lost a lot of faith in QVC and although health has improved somewhat, I think I would have never have continued to shop with QVC if it were not for this site that I still drop in and out of and so then discover new things QVC are doing.

I have spent so much time online that I feel a little knowledgeable on this subject, but I honestly think this site is one of the most friendly and helpful sites out there. I have often posted on other sites an entirely innocent comment and somehow it has been taken out of context and blown up into an online argument. The advent of trolls too have made many places unpleasant.

None of that occurs here. For what it is worth, to the mods and Graham, you cannot be responsible for everything posted and anyone with any sense knows this. The world of online is a slowly evolving one and of course there are some strange people out there who get kicks out of making unpleasant comments whilst remaining anonymous. We all know that this happens across all social media and strangely the individuals posting such comments have not so far brought these social media channels to a halt. I cannot see how it would be different with a site like this.

As I say, I only dip in and out of here these days, but I felt that I wanted to add my support and to say that the comments posted from Debbie Flint come across as entirely personally motivated (and wrong incidentally as I for one have not been banned from her FB group and have no interest in it). I could be wrong. But, in either event it is strange to me that a tv presenter from a shopping channel would take her job quite so seriously. Viewership of QVC does not warrant the level of majesty she seems to believe it does and trying to retain support as she does over FB is untenable - QVC's business model depends upon new customers, not returning longterm viewers.

I have only just seen this thread ....been busy! I just want to thank Graham for setting up the site and all who post especially Ian/SCW. It means I can make better informed decisions about what I buy with reviews I can trust and being forewarned about TSVs. Then of course there is the entertainment value! I think I have spent less at QVC since I have been on here and maybe that is what those at QVC really don't like.
NB I have never been banned from any site and I am not a member of QVC Facebook or BTY.

I have only just read this thread too.
Have to say I was shocked on reading the first post from Graham, partly by the awful grammar & spelling in the Debbie Flint remarks ( she actually writes books? She must have a good proof reader!). But mostly by the threatening menace aimed at Graham . To me Debbie Flint is just one of the presenters on QVC, not one I like to watch as I don't like the hard sell method she seems to use. I know nothing of her online persona, groups or whatever as I've never read, let alone joined or been banned from, Facebook, Twitter etc. To say I was stunned by her attitude is an understatement.

This site is the only one I read every day, not just for the info about upcoming TSVs ( thank you SW & Autumn) but because it is friendly, fun & a goldmine of information .
Thank you Graham & Sazza

I have to pay credit to this Forum ...I've laughed out loud ! , cried, seethed and felt extremely grateful of such helpful hints and tips on soooo many subjects and items ...I feel at home here I really do ...I HAVE to check in at least once a day ....to what you are all up to :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_14: ....thank you again Graham, Sazza and Supercool willow x

I have only just read this thread too.
Have to say I was shocked on reading the first post from Graham, partly by the awful grammar & spelling in the Debbie Flint remarks ( she actually writes books? She must have a good proof reader!). But mostly by the threatening menace aimed at Graham . To me Debbie Flint is just one of the presenters on QVC, not one I like to watch as I don't like the hard sell method she seems to use. I know nothing of her online persona, groups or whatever as I've never read, let alone joined or been banned from, Facebook, Twitter etc. To say I was stunned by her attitude is an understatement.

This site is the only one I read every day, not just for the info about upcoming TSVs ( thank you SW & Autumn) but because it is friendly, fun & a goldmine of information .
Thank you Graham & Sazza

She probably has a ghost writer, it'll be the same fella that visited Scrooge.

Can I just reiterate what everyone has been saying regarding this being a great forum? I only follow the QVC threads which I find to be useful, informative & funny.
If I don't like a Presenter, or more their style of selling, I don't purchase during their presentation. I don't wish to make personal comments about any of the Presenters but I do wish Debbie Flint would grow up & leave this forum in peace. I do not use Facebook, I only know about the bty page because if this forum & I have no desire to join it so I have never been banned.
I do remember Alison Young presenting a show & was promoting an item as a gift idea & the Brand Ambassador (can't remember the brand) saying in a Barrow Boy type of way 'buy 2, 1 for you, 1 for......' (obviously I paraphrase) & Alison Young cut her off & said (again I paraphrase) 'no don't say that, I hate that, that's too Del Boy/Market Stall Holder & I leave that style to other Presenters' Instantly it was my opinion she was referring to Debbie Flint.

Can I just reiterate what everyone has been saying regarding this being a great forum? I only follow the QVC threads which I find to be useful, informative & funny.
If I don't like a Presenter, or more their style of selling, I don't purchase during their presentation. I don't wish to make personal comments about any of the Presenters but I do wish Debbie Flint would grow up & leave this forum in peace. I do not use Facebook, I only know about the bty page because if this forum & I have no desire to join it so I have never been banned.
I do remember Alison Young presenting a show & was promoting an item as a gift idea & the Brand Ambassador (can't remember the brand) saying in a Barrow Boy type of way 'buy 2, 1 for you, 1 for......' (obviously I paraphrase) & Alison Young cut her off & said (again I paraphrase) 'no don't say that, I hate that, that's too Del Boy/Market Stall Holder & I leave that style to other Presenters' Instantly it was my opinion she was referring to Debbie Flint.

Alison Young has just gone right up in my estimation!

QVC as a company has bullied Graham in the past so I doubt the company would take any action to reprimand an employee for similar action. Yet the info on this forum must generate sales for QVC even if some readers will also buy elsewhere if the deal is better.

I know the QVC forum is busier than any other on here, but can I encourage folk to join as a VIP member. It gives you access to a further range of threads and there used to be a bustling community down in The Drop with topics ranging from Health to Pets to Travel, Books and outing bad businesses. It's been a bit quiet down there recently so it would be great to have some new input on any topic beyond the world of shopping channels. Plus the donation helps towards the site's running costs :mysmilie_59:

Like it!! :grin: I also think DF's knowledge of the law is a bit shaky.....hardly think the riot squad (or anyone else) are going to be interested, somehow. Although for a signed photo we'd all rush to her aid.....wouldn't we? I said : wouldn't we? OK, don't all rush at once....
Debbie who? ...

****** hell, is she some kind of psychopath? What an utterly bizarre saga. I also agree with whoever it was who said she seems fairly illiterate.
I've never been banned from anywhere or anything either, and am certainly not desperate to join her seemingly rather strange facebook groups. I use facebook a lot but astonishingly I've never once looked for her or anything to do with her on it.

Latest posts

Back