Thank You for your continued support

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wow, what a pathetic email from DF. I am shocked she could stoop so low. I only belong to this forum and have been around for years - love the entertainment, tips and previews. I am not on Facebook, don't go on any presenter blogs and would never want to join BTY. I am not interested in joining a bunch of sheeple who get bribed with freebies and are told what to say, think and do.
I don't always agree with everyone on here but I love the lively discussions.
Long live this site, and thank you to Graham, Sazza and the other mods and SCW and all the others who give us so much great info.
Wow, I think DF needs to be reined in by her employers. She is a sales assistant / presenter on a shopping channel, not an agent for MI5.

That lady seems forever to be high on her own ego .She does not need alcohol for it .How can someone stoop so low .These sort of people lack confidence and hence they have to shout from roof tops to project their self importance .

I believe you should be able to criticize goods and people, within reason, but nasty rude comments are a not nice, in my opinion. I don't like most QVC presenters but wouldn't say horrid things about them. I do like this forum though, long may it continue.

Interesting reading on how to identify 'narcissistic' behaviour:

https://www.bpdcentral.com/narcissistic-disorder/hallmarks-of-npd/

'I have always believed I was destined to do or be something great. Known, loved, or admired by all--not that I took any steps to ensure that I actually did anything worth mentioning. I hand-pick friends who support my own ideal of myself.'

'Narcissists lack empathy, feel entitled and above the rules, and see other people as appendages whose sole purpose is to fill them with narcissistic supply. Yet sometimes the narcissist doesn't get everything she needs through more subtle means. She needs to take a more direct approach. They take advantage of others to achieve their own ends.'

I've never been a prolific poster but am a long term member of this forum and I love it for it's diversity, the fun, the occasional spats, the sharing of information and bargains etc etc

Over the yrs there have been various QVC presenters and brand ambassadors appeared on here and been "rumbled" and no doubt will be again!!

I have also never been banned from any group in my life and frankly am appalled at the power DF has over the home shopping community. She has more front than the town hall clock and seriously needs to be monitored by her employers as she is alienating customers. I turn off if she is presenting now-regardless of what it is I can't bear to hear her voice!

Trouble with people like her-they believe their own hype and are difficult to manage and so get their own way a lot of the time.

Graham and Sazza do a brilliant job and long may it continue!!!

I think I will stop watching any shows that she is presenting. She seems to have such a low opinion of QVC customers who happen to be on this forum. Well, the feeling's mutual.

Ditto to most of the above comments.

But

(don't take this as censorship)

If I never read another Debbie thread again it'll be too soon! Any mention of Debbie anywhere online is boosting her ego, even all the bad publicity she gets. I can't tell anyone not to post about Debbie but not being discussed anymore would worry her more.

I love this forum ........thank,you Graham and Sazza and all the lovely forumites .....i don't do Facebook ...too invasive ...but I love contributing here :mysmilie_59:

She is fairly awful. Either her or Q's PR team got in touch with my employers a few months back and warned against me writing a piece about here. Funny thing was I wasn't writing about her anyway! Like anyone would be interested in an article about her!

You mention at the time an article about QVC in general behind the scenes. You did not mention DF at all, the paper were not interested. So local paper no interest why would they? National paper no interest unless you have proof and facts to back up and would it stop their readers buy(no), so won't waste print space. The only time you will see QVC in mags or newspapers is because they bought advertising space. Otherwise the papers are not interested

I have never been banned from any group either. I don't live my life online, I work and have kids to take care of plus a cat.. so it's only when I have a spare hour, or when relaxing in the evening that I have chance to read what's on FB or on here. I am fairly new to FB but I certainly have not become addicted to it like some people do. I have decided to leave a few groups I have been in, of my own volition, when it transpires that the group is not really my thing. To put it mildly! However I have been on this site for a few years and I continue to prefer it to Facebook (though it does have its moments!!! ) There are only a couple of groups I enjoy being in on FB.

Interestingly around the time that BTY became a closed group, DF and Sharon joined or became admin on other established FB groups. Get Geller Gorgeous being one of them. This coincided with them suddenly disallowing sales on there. Another example of their attempt to control social media to prevent second hand sales and in the long term interests of QVC. I bet people get booted off now for saying the quality of balance and brighten has gone downhill! "Only positive comments please" lol.

Yes Sharon Harvey is admin on Get Geller Gorgeous

She often comments that she doesn't have a man in her life. I wonder why!

I'm not on FB nor do I even know how to get on one but I during the thread about Paris and the EEk show I googled and ended up on some sort of page of DBF where the headline was "I am not on any dating websites"

Need I say more

And infact I think I agree with Akimbo and think we should ignore her very existence.

I'm not on Facebook, twatter and neither do I read blogs. DF is a legend in her own lunchtime. Who does she think she is that she can wield all this power at Q? I wonder if Q realises that she is causing a lot of damage to their image!

I have been here from the early days having goggled where presenters have gone.
But this forum has survived.

Another one who has never been banned from any groups, anywhere online. You couldn't pay me to join "those" groups! My mum also loves the forum, we read every morning over breakfast and, more often than not, end up having a bloomin' good laugh! There are plenty of spats, and things occasionally get a little heated, but members tend to know where to draw the line. Having excellent mods helps too, so thanks to Graham, Sazza and everyone else who keep this place running and alive. Our day would certainly be a little more dull without it. I'm sure others are simply jealous of the fact we can all have differing opinions and good camaraderie without be told what to say and think. United We Stand!

Totally agree. It's nice to come out in support of Graham and Sazza and everyone else. However, once this thread has exhausted I don't intend to mention her.

Not a Facebooker either, so all that's a bit over my head, but I must say that quote of DF in the original post is all a bit 'primary school'. I half expected it to end with 'anyway, I'm telling my dad, and he's bigger than your dad, and he's a policeman, so there!'
Many thanks to you Graham, and long may the forum continue!

I found this forum while googling for something else, after following it for a few months, I registered so that I can voice my own views and to thank fellow members for
posting interesting and useful articles and info.
I have learnt of QVC products before ordering them from members who are already using them or have bought them before.
I find out about TSVs beforehand thanks to our Supercoolwillow and others.
This forum is a mine of information of not just QVC, and it's goods but of other sources too, of which I am very grateful.
I do not like some of the ways some presenters try to get viewers into buying QVC products and one of and the main culprit is Debbie Flint.
I did not know that she has another group set up and the followers who seem to be those poor souls who have nothing better to do and who, most probably think that anyone who comes on the telly are celebrities :mysmilie_17:
If DF's group are there for any crumbs (in the form of beauty products etc)thrown, I do feel sorry for them.
I am quite happy to be here, and even now I do come everyday to have a peep in, and only log in if I find something to say, or to thank some members :mysmilie_499:
I do not belong to any faction here...I realise that sometimes there are difference in opinions , but that happens in all gatherings and groups....but all of us are here to support you Graham and the others who run this forum,( I only know of Sazza)
That post Graham got seems to be from an insecure bully.

Latest posts

Back