The Craft Queen and Kanban

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Does Dawn Bibby have shares in Kanban - or any other interest!! Almost everything on her QVC craft shows is from there especially the TSV's. It is getting so boring.

She was the one who made the introduction between QVC and Kanban. Apparently Keith the owner walked into her store one day with a box of goodies to sell, when Kanban were virtually unknown, and she suggested QVC. That was probably the best sales pitch Keith from Kanban ever made!!! The world is now his oyster.

used to love craft but cant stand it now too much hard sell. you have to be minted to make cards these days..

maybe i should post craft under things qvc should stop selling..

QVC will just stock what sells and I imagine Kanban must sell really well. Kanban cards can be made pretty quickly and if someone buys a kit and uses it quickly then they will probably buy more. Someone who uses more complex techniques to make cards will take more time making them and in the long run might not buy as much.

There is a lot of Kanaban and it's not really my thing but plenty of people must buy it and as long as QVC are making money from it they will continue selling it.

IMO Kanban kits are good quality and okay for beginners. But it can take me up to 2 hours to make a card, and most of what goes on it I have also made myself. IMO that's what crafing is all about. Not just push out and stick on. Personally, that takes all the enjoyment and satisfaction out of crafting. IMO a Kanban card looks like one that has been shop bought. I have bought Kanban kits in the past. But these were for a charity, when I needed to make a lot of cards quickly, but they're not very cost effective for such events. I don't wish to offend anyone. This is just my opinion of course, as I am aware that a lot of people love Kanban.

And, yes, it was Dawn who introduced them to QVC.

Latest posts

Back