The Huntley - where has she gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Like me, I can’t wear masks but have worn a visor from the start and have never caught COVID although reports were negative about visors being effective.
Good on you - at least you have made the best possible choice that you can apart from never going outside the front door!

The big difference is you aren’t posting your “life” on SM just getting on with keeping yourself and others as safe as you can.

Why can’t people wear a mask? It filters the air. If you have a chest condition this is an advantage. Mystify’s me why people think they breath easier without one, all they’re doing is allowing unfiltered air into their lungs and increasing their risk of COVID. Would people prefer to have a surgeon operate on them without a mask? I know I wouldn’t. It doesn’t reduce air entering the lungs, people still get the same amount it’s just cleaner. I wear one at work all day everyday and feel quite exposed without it.

Why can’t people wear a mask? It filters the air. If you have a chest condition this is an advantage. Mystify’s me why people think they breath easier without one, all they’re doing is allowing unfiltered air into their lungs and increasing their risk of COVID. Would people prefer to have a surgeon operate on them without a mask? I know I wouldn’t. It doesn’t reduce air entering the lungs, people still get the same amount it’s just cleaner. I wear one at work all day everyday and feel quite exposed without it.
In my case, I have trigeminal neuralgia and mask contact and the elastic trigger attacks. To be avoided at all costs. Meds are horrid but effective but still need my bed whilst they take effect. Another condition on a long list of hidden disabilities. It is called the suicide disease, taking meds prophylactically means no quality of life so I live to avoid attacks and do everything I can to avoid them.

Last edited:
In my case, I have trigeminal neuralgia and mask contact and the elastic trigger attacks. To be avoided at all costs. Meds are horrid but effective but still need my bed whilst they take effect. Another condition on a long list of hidden disabilities. It is called the suicide disease, taking meds prophylactically means no quality of life so I live to avoid attacks and do everything I can to avoid them.
You have my sympathy living with TN and hope you manage with it day to day and don’t have many attacks at all? 🤞🙏

A good friend of mine suffers from it too, and her condition is currently very uncontrolled and attacks off the scale. They’re talking about brain surgery.

I hope you’re able to stay safe from COVID without being able to wear a mask.

I am also exempt bc of one of my conditions but extra vulnerable because of another so it’s Hobson’s choice for me! But I don’t/can’t leave the house, so usually only wear it if a stranger visits...

Still waiting for my booster v Impatiently now! Housebound people still not even offered one here!

Stay safe out there if you can! X

A friend last year tried to wear a mask, she has asthma and paralysed vocal cords on one side. She had a full-blown panic attack which triggered an asthma attack. The doctor had to come out and give her an injection and got her a letter saying she should not wear a facial covering.

The feeling of the mask getting warm and feeling like she was being smothered just freaked her out. She has a visor but has she also has to wear glasses for some reason the visor steams up.

I have asthma and try wearing a mask, but I have to pull it forward to let the air in when I come out of a shop I take it off. Also having sinus problems then having to remove it to blow my nose quite a bit does not help.

It was in the paper that an expert is saying people are not wearing the right type of mask, the blue paper ones are not really that good, everyone should be wearing the cone-shaped white ones.

As for surgeons, they have your insides exposed, and they wear gowns and gloves it is not all about the face mask.

I don’t think Chunts falls into any of these categories. As far as I know being a me me me doesn’t class as an exemption.

If all the non mask wearers and chin straps in our Tescos have these conditions then I’m a monkeys uncle.

It is terrible that people who have been forced to be house bound (rather than being immobile) haven’t been given a much higher priority and I can understand why someone in this situation wouldn’t want to mix with the idiots out there.

Did I read that they are developing a pill to be used in these cases, if so let’s hope it happens quickly and safely.

I have TN too, atypical which is constant pain at varying levels. Had it for 3 years but I still a wear mask but I'm lucky in that I don't work so only have to wear them for little visits to places, just before christmas I came back from a shopping stint in agony from the mask but I've had covid and as I'm a vunerable as well so choose life over risking covid again. Just started new meds which seem to be doing something as all the usual ones I had adverse side effects so wasn't taking any for a long while and suffering and was told recently that I am going to have accept that I will be on meds for the rest of my life. They won't do surgery, flat out been told it's far too dangerous although I very recently read the NHS are currently doing intense further research into treating TN which is good to know.

I don’t think Chunts falls into any of these categories. As far as I know being a me me me doesn’t class as an exemption.

If all the non mask wearers and chin straps in our Tescos have these conditions then I’m a monkeys uncle.

It is terrible that people who have been forced to be house bound (rather than being immobile) haven’t been given a much higher priority and I can understand why someone in this situation wouldn’t want to mix with the idiots out there.

Did I read that they are developing a pill to be used in these cases, if so let’s hope it happens quickly and safely.
Unfortunately Chunts falls into the category of plain stupid or couldn’t care less.
Everyone complains about the new presenters,but let’s be honest the old ones set such a bad example.
Behind the scenes at Q god knows what sort of behaviour (covid related)goes on,anyway awaiting for the second grand return of the preening bestie 😂 🚰

I have TN too, atypical which is constant pain at varying levels. Had it for 3 years but I still a wear mask but I'm lucky in that I don't work so only have to wear them for little visits to places, just before christmas I came back from a shopping stint in agony from the mask but I've had covid and as I'm a vunerable as well so choose life over risking covid again. Just started new meds which seem to be doing something as all the usual ones I had adverse side effects so wasn't taking any for a long while and suffering and was told recently that I am going to have accept that I will be on meds for the rest of my life. They won't do surgery, flat out been told it's far too dangerous although I very recently read the NHS are currently doing intense further research into treating TN which is good to know.
My sympathies loujareth and best wishes to you. New research, fab, will look for that, gamma knife I shied away from as no guaranteed outcome. I’ve had TN for almost 25 years, two out of three branches affected at first then third, middle, branch kicked in after a bad do in middle of Sainsbury’s hence I can’t wear mask as below eye up to temple my area of particular sensitivity now. I work, in a primary school, and have kept well but Omicron is hitting my family and two sets of in-laws like a bowling ball. Read there is research into people being naturally immune to COVID, I wonder as my daughter works for the NHS and we are both ‘O’ Rh negative blood group and she hasn’t had COVID either though she deals with sufferers every shift.

I have asthma and can get a chest infection if I catch a cold. I have had pneumonia at least 4 times. The funny thing is I rarely get a cold, 3 years at least,I think,since I last had one.

I rarely go out but always wear a mask even outdoors.

I have asthma and can get a chest infection if I catch a cold. I have had pneumonia at least 4 times. The funny thing is I rarely get a cold, 3 years at least,I think,since I last had one.

I rarely go out but always wear a mask even outdoors.
Lemonpop, I always suffered three chest infections every winter and a bout of pleurisy until I had the pneumonia vaccine. It protects against 60 different strains and it’s a one off vaccine. I am so glad I had it.

Lemonpop, I always suffered three chest infections every winter and a bout of pleurisy until I had the pneumonia vaccine. It protects against 60 different strains and it’s a one off vaccine. I am so glad I had it.
I had the pneumonia vaccine in 1997 and have had pneumonia twice since then. I was told by the GP that it couldn't protect against all types. (?)

I had pneumonia twice at 15 and had to go into hospital.

Got the pneumonia jab about 10 back and swore I was told you have to get a booster every 10 years?

I find it laughable when Bois etc pushing the booster and people going and thinking they are protected straight away. No, like the flu jab it takes 2 weeks for it to take effect. I wish they would just tell people you need to be careful for two weeks after your jabs.

I had pneumonia twice at 15 and had to go into hospital.

Got the pneumonia jab about 10 back and swore I was told you have to get a booster every 10 years?

I find it laughable when Bois etc pushing the booster and people going and thinking they are protected straight away. No, like the flu jab it takes 2 weeks for it to take effect. I wish they would just tell people you need to be careful for two weeks after your jabs.
I was told it’s a one off injection, this was 2020.

I was told it’s a one off injection, this was 2020.
I have severe asthma and emphysema and I had the pneumonia injection a couple of years ago and I was told it was a one off.

It did not stop me getting pneumonia after the injection but at least I did not have to be in hospital.

I always put on my mask before I go out of my front door as a precaution, but in cold weather or on public transport I always pull up my scarf to cover my mouth and found this to be effective.

I just had a phone call to let me know that six of my relatives went out for a pub meal Wednesday evening and four of them have tested positive for Covid.

I have been keeping away from people as I help to look after my parents and definitely do not want to pass it on to them.

I had the pneumonia jab about four years ago and was told that it gave life time immunity, whereas the flu jab is finely tweaked every year. I’m not sure that any vaccine gives total immunity to something, but it should lessen the severity of any illness if you catch it. But thereagain, who really knows. 🤔

Latest posts

Back