The My Search is Over Beauty Thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

neelia

Registered Shopper
I started a thread about make up first division and I found the replies very educational, Many people posted not so much about the brands but specific items within brands and I thought that it might be useful to have something that was just about wow individual items and to extend it to beauty in general. The sort of thing where you feel you don't really care if there might be something better out there because you just love what you have found,

I have three (although I might get reminded of others).

YSL eyeliner. It is the COUTURE KAJAL in blue petrol. There is nothing else that makes my eyes pop like this one.
Elemis Total Glow Every other one I have tried for the face makes me look like I haven't washed properly. It is a beautiful colour easy to manage.
Clinique Waterproof Mascara. I don't actually wear waterproof mascara as a rule but I had two sudden family bereavements in two months in 2014 and flew back to the family home after the first death with little thought of make up. One of the las t conversations I had with my brother was his saying about seeing a photo of me "and I just thought - well she's looking well". So I decided I would look as well as I could for him. I went into Boots and asked for the best waterproof mascara they had and this is what they suggested and boy did it work. It was certainly tested. I had many good crys that day and the mascara never budged. My cousin was so impressed she got it for her daughter wedding. So although I don't plan to need it that often. My search is over.

I would be really interested in what are other people's Wow beauty items. I have lots of other things that I really like but not that I think cannot realistically be betters.

It will be interesting to see what proportion are QVC? For me it is one in three.

My number 1 item is....Dior compact powder foundation, the one in the blue compact. I buy the refills again and again, though it does last ages.
My other must have is EL double wear mascara, it's not waterproof but it is smudgeproof, and lasts for hours.

Akin rose and geranium facial cleanser is also a must have, and I think I've tried every cleanser known to man and beast, or at least it seems like it. :mysmilie_17:

My number 1 item is....Dior compact powder foundation, the one in the blue compact. I buy the refills again and again, though it does last ages.
My other must have is EL double wear mascara, it's not waterproof but it is smudgeproof, and lasts for hours.

Akin rose and geranium facial cleanser is also a must have, and I think I've tried every cleanser known to man and beast, or at least it seems like it. :mysmilie_17:
Could you expand a but more about the Dior foundation and why you like it? Maybe the other things as well but I am interested in the powder foundation. :)

Elemis Sensitive Wash, used it for years actually first used because I like the smell. I wander off but always come back to it.

Marks and Spencer Neck Cream now up to £12.50. Its simple easy to use and works as good as any of the highend ones out there. Again a product I always return to.

Beauty Blender or Eggy as I named my first one. Yes you can buy cheap versions but nothing beats the original. I get a good six months at least one of each one.

Hourglass eye brow pencil. Well its twist up triangle shape which is brilliant for fine or softer thicker lines. I am now on my third one since it was launched in the UK. Another big bonus is the Blond which I use is not red based. So many blond brow products have too much red in them.

Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner pencils, I have this fetish for bronze shades and they have quite a few versions of the shade. They stay on don't smudge unless you do it yourself. Also I love weird funky colours and have a few bright pink and purple.

The rest I am a total magpie never found a mascara or foundation I would commit to for life.

I'm pretty much sorted and have been for years. I rarely buy different products.

Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara
Elemis balm - night time cleanse
C&P and B. Pure Micellar Water - alternate days
PCMC - day time
Nip + Fab Glycolic Serum - alternate nights
Superskin Concentrate - alternate nights
Bare Minerals - foundation, blusher and ready eyeliner

I used some things for at least a year, most for several years and the mascara for 15/20 years.

I haven't found a decent mascara for thinning eyelashes...oh, the joys of getting older! Do like the Liz Earle eyeshadows but not terribly impressed with her mascara.

As a matter of interest has anyone tried any make-up from Look Fabulous Forever? I'm so tempted but have yet to take the plunge!

Vienna.....you always have such useful information on a vast range of items so many thanks for your tips....:mysmilie_504:

Latest posts

Back