Thorntons Chocolates TSV 25/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just been told that the TSV price is £26.78 plus £4.95 postage so that is £31.73 for a total of 1.285kg of choccies.

Tesco have a big box of Thorntons Continental which is 597g for £10.00

So that is £20.00 for 1194g in Tesco ... or £31.73 on QVC for 1285g ... I know they are splitting there's into five boxes so its more "giftable" and could well be on Easy Pay, but come on £11.73 more on QVC for only an additional 91g ... I don't think so. Sorry QVC!

not in my Tesco they are £20 each!! for the Continental

I saw them in mine last night, perhaps the offer finished at midnight, but it didn't say that. Sorry!

i do believe thortons make marks and spencers chocolates. i like thorntond but thier everyday now

the QVC website is doing my head in today as one minute the price is on there the next it says "no longer available". Wish they'd get it right, I nearly lost an item earlier cause I couldn't order online, red button or via the app, ended up queuing for ages on the old fashioned order line, so much for modern technology. However rant over just wanted to let you know that they are now saying the TSV will be £26.78 with FREE postage. So now it doesn't seem to bad a deal. If this is correct that is cause they do seem to be changing things hourly.

SCW I have given up checking with Tesco's as every single branch I ring you get a call centre up country NOT the store, and they don't know what I am talking about. They refuse to put you through to the store so I cannot even get a member of staff from the store in question to go and have a look at the shelf for me. God call centres do my head in too!!!! lol Sometimes you need to speak to an actual member of staff who is physically there instore not just a voice down the phone who is miles away.

Thorntons seem to be everywhere, seen them in pound shops (little bags) and also in Home Bargains, boxes of chocolates. Seems Thorntons arent too fussy which retailers they sell to, taking the brand a bit downmarket. QVCs prices for Thorntons are nothing special especially with the inflated post and package charges.

the QVC website is doing my head in today as one minute the price is on there the next it says "no longer available". Wish they'd get it right, I nearly lost an item earlier cause I couldn't order online, red button or via the app, ended up queuing for ages on the old fashioned order line, so much for modern technology. However rant over just wanted to let you know that they are now saying the TSV will be £26.78 with FREE postage. So now it doesn't seem to bad a deal. If this is correct that is cause they do seem to be changing things hourly.

SCW I have given up checking with Tesco's as every single branch I ring you get a call centre up country NOT the store, and they don't know what I am talking about. They refuse to put you through to the store so I cannot even get a member of staff from the store in question to go and have a look at the shelf for me. God call centres do my head in too!!!! lol Sometimes you need to speak to an actual member of staff who is physically there instore not just a voice down the phone who is miles away.

i know there cs is bonkers

That's like banks, I once lost something and had actually left it in the bank, but could the call centre put me through to anyone in the branch who could check, no of course they couldn't.

That's like banks, I once lost something and had actually left it in the bank, but could the call centre put me through to anyone in the branch who could check, no of course they couldn't.

Yep totally agree, it is so frustrating. I left a brolly on the floor in the Nationwide once, they asked me to put it there as it would make the counter where they put the notes all soggy otherwise. Then by the time I had been served I just left and never gave it another thought. I realised when I got home so rung up and got a call centre in Newcastle, I hung up in frustration and then tried again and got another call centre but this time in Swindon. Gone are the days of speaking to people on the premises I think. They had the attitude of "oh its only an umbrella" but I had been bought it on my wedding day in USA by a total stranger (as it decided to suddenly throw it down during our service, so a lady bought it for me to save my dress), so it had great sentiment to me.

Call centres remind me of doctors receptionists, half the time once you can get past them you are fine LOL.

I've complete admiration for anyone who can have that amount of chocolate in the house and resist the temptation to get stuck in. I just know that in a moment of weakness I'd give in and scoff the lot.

In the hospital we get a lot of boxes of chocolates from patients, to thank us, but the best was today we
got brought up a box of chocolates, that were out of date from March this year. The person who gave us
them must have had them lying in the house, and the same person had a lovely Chanel bag, which i asked
her could i look at. So goes to show you, the people who don't have much, give at a lot more at cost to
themselves . IMO. Cards are actually appreciated more . Weird world sometimes

Darling, one probably has loads of those chocolates hanging about the house,
incase someone calls with a present. Never mind the date

Reminds me of, back in the day, I use to have take bottles of spirits to work to keep in my locker.

Then hubby knew I started buying the odd bottle around October to spread the cost. I was very inventive with where I hid it but ran out of options. He must have spent ages looking sometimes when I was on nights!

I only eat chocolate rarely these days but If I do buy in advance for get-togethers, I have a friend close by who babysits them for me (she must be a bit odd!!) - I simply can't be trusted!!

I'm salivating at the chocs but not ordering, I'd scoff far too many in one go.

Latest posts

Back