Tiff's face on Tarte show at 9pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh, I'm enjoying these challenges. From your first clue I was wondering if your name is Mary Poppins! I'm wondering from the second clue if you are Kim Woodburn but I can't think of a catchphrase ;)
God no! If it was Mary Poppins I would have reverted to my maiden name.

Forgot to add that my first (of 3] name which is used by officials just because it’s first in the row makes me into a politician! My “proper” name is No 3 in the list.

God no! If it was Mary Poppins I would have reverted to my maiden name.

Forgot to add that my first (of 3] name which is used by officials just because it’s first in the row makes me into a politician! My “proper” name is No 3 in the list.
I was gonna suggest you were Annie Hall..but now I'm totally confused..but this is fun!
Bridget Jones, Jackie Brown..but can't think of soundtracks to go with those...Shirley Valentine?

Last edited:
Do you think we are influenced in our liking/disliking a name by someone we have previously known and whether they have been lovely or a right B.
Definitely. I think you can have a name lined up as a potential child's name, but you go right off it if you have a bad experience with someone of the same name.

Definitely. I think you can have a name lined up as a potential child's name, but you go right off it if you have a bad experience with someone of the same name.
Apologies to all the lovely Sharons, but the girl who sat behind me in class was Sharon and her hygiene was so bad I can still recall her body odour to this day. So 'Sharon' does not conjure up anything pleasant for me.

When I was born my dad chose my name - Alison Louise - but after six weeks my hair grew and was curly. My mother decided I could not possibly be called Alison with curly hair so it was changed to Joanne!

Mothers are strange!

When I was born my dad chose my name - Alison Louise - but after six weeks my hair grew and was curly. My mother decided I could not possibly be called Alison with curly hair so it was changed to Joanne!

Mothers are strange!
Nope, not following that! :LOL:
I wonder what your mother would make of Alison Young or Keenan presenting a Dyson hair styler?

I know what you mean about names..In the past all the Alisons I met were snooty, Beverlies were 'ard nuts. Have since met ladies of with those names who are neither, but I think these prejudices stem from chilhood. I remember a beastly girl at infant school called Natalie, and though it's not a name that comes up that often, it still makes me "shiver" a bit!
Then you get the names that you like but it doesn't ring right with your surname, so you choose something else..but nobody can help that when you get married. Friend of mine ended up as Stacey Macey...The marriage didn't last long, and she remarried someone called Greening...but we did giggle at the time!
Then seriously I met a woman at playgroup who's girls were called Tara and Lara and she went in for a third and said she'd call the next one Cara if it was a girl..it was a boy and no, she didn't call him Dara..she went for Liam.

Last edited:
Is it Clint Eastwood?😛
I’m going for Liam Neeson, based on nationality.

47E2A853-5800-467E-BE8E-D0D820FE176D.jpeg

I still believe LATI's Anne Robinson...sort of fits...she's definitely a tv harridan with a catch phrase. Mary Robinson's the politician. The musical/Soundtrack...mmm doesn't fit completely as Mrs Robinson in the film isn't actually named, the daughter, Elaine, however, is..but Elaine Robinson doesn't fit in with the celebrity harridan. Anne bancroft, played Mrs Robinson, so there's the Anne..so maybe. This is bugging me big style tbh...and CC...are you Tracey or are you Louise?...we've not forgotten you!!!! Don't kill me Lati..but tell me if I've got the wrong answer!

Latest posts

Back