Together & Joe Brown Sizing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Iv noticed it depends where you live how people dress. Iv moved about a bit - so I know it's true. Well heeled areas most people dress nicely even younger ones. Where I am now is the complete opposite - a posh sounding town but everyone looks like candidates from the Jeremy Kyle show .( Can't wait to move again!)

Back in the day, Mr C had to wear a white shirt with collar and tie. Sounds odd now but that's how it was then.

My husband always wore a suit; when he started working for Barclays the men couldn't take off their jackets or loosen their ties even on the hottest summer day & the branch manager could decide if his female staff could wear trousers...

Mr L wore a suit and tie everyday until he retired.

My work had it in our contract no trousers. Later on they got professionals to do new contracts and they wouldn’t allow this clause so it was trouser suits only. We then were taken over and they allow trousers and tops but no crops, t shirts etc. Ruthless type of tops and suit type trousers.

Since lockdown we have been closed to the public so they allowed jeans as long as no appointments. However with mask and lockdown hair no one is worried about you are wearing.

Mr Twirl was a retail manager for years and always had to wear suit and tie and was addressed by hi surname. Nowadays its all coloured polo shirts and first name terms. Personally I don't agree with it. No respect in work seems to equal none outside.

When I first started in my present job the company provided the uniform top and the employee was required to wear smart black trousers or skirt and smart black flat shoes.

When the scandal about some employers paying below the National Living Wage, and in some cases being fined happened, the company changed policy apparently because if employees are forced to buy an item of uniform they wouldn't normally purchase it would put the below what they should legally be earning.

Mr Twirl was a retail manager for years and always had to wear suit and tie and was addressed by hi surname. Nowadays its all coloured polo shirts and first name terms. Personally I don't agree with it. No respect in work seems to equal none outside.
That's exactly how I felt when I read about a headteacher of a primary school who has told parents that when they turn up to collect their children they shouldn't be wearing clothes that are revealing or their nightclothes.

Latest posts

Back