Upgraded delivery anyone know how long

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well Im now waiting on the declaration form to come. I wont tell my aunt its lost just yet will give it till weekend in case the ring turns up! Allthough I wonder if this is a signed for service that qvc have charged me for because that should have a tracking number

The upgraded delivery from QVC was alway 1st class post instead of the usual 2nd. That is what I understood and have never seen anything to change my mind. Never special delivery or guaranteed by date either.

I once had an item upgraded to premium delivery and it came Special Delivery, it was only make up, wasn't as if it was a very expensive item.

There must be a huge "black hole" somewhere that all these "missing" items go into :cheeky:, I have "lost" a Laura Gellar set, a Northern Nights bed set, and a sonic toothbrush :sad:....:flower:

I am so sorry your ring hasn't arrived yet Dazzler, some times I think QVc should resort back to 4 horses and a mail coach to get their stuff delivered, having said that I was suprised with my orders of last week 2 items in each 1st lot was sent of Thursday and one of the items arrived on Saturday, the 2nd lot was sent on Friday and 1 of that arrived this morning. 2 weeks before that I ordered a christmas tree and a sleigh and they arrived 4 days later by my usual courier who was really pleased I was at home.
I live in Surrey so my parcels have to wind their way down from Liverpool I have been amazed how quick thing get here touchwood on saying that it is no use to you D at the mo but I will cross my fingers and anything else I possibly can in hope the ring turns up.

Mary

That's terrible Dazzler, it is a long wait for something that cost almost £6 in p&p! Best of luck, I hope it'll turn up eventually (better late than never, I suppose!)

That's terrible Dazzler, it is a long wait for something that cost almost £6 in p&p! Best of luck, I hope it'll turn up eventually (better late than never, I suppose!)

I hope it arrives soon because there is none left now SS. QVC have sent out a declaration form yesterday.

Seems shamefull when you especially requested a postage upgrade. I think Royal Mail charge £4.95 for next day delivery so QVC must send it 1st class which isn't how they describe the special postage. Such a disappointment when it was for something special.

Seems shamefull when you especially requested a postage upgrade. I think Royal Mail charge £4.95 for next day delivery so QVC must send it 1st class which isn't how they describe the special postage. Such a disappointment when it was for something special.

Thanks NMSE

I just rang today to ask about the tracking number and if its royal mail. They said it was 1st class recorded although I asked for special delivery. My postage in total was £5.95 as it was a extre £2.95 on top of QVC postage.

They said they could nto provide the tracking number so I cant ring RM to check where it is really so I have done all I can now so will have to just get a refund I guess and ring Aunt and let her know she cant have it now. She was very excited about getting the ring, I hope she sees a different one that she would prefer now instead.

Thanks NMSE

I just rang today to ask about the tracking number and if its royal mail. They said it was 1st class recorded although I asked for special delivery. My postage in total was £5.95 as it was a extre £2.95 on top of QVC postage.

They said they could nto provide the tracking number so I cant ring RM to check where it is really so I have done all I can now so will have to just get a refund I guess and ring Aunt and let her know she cant have it now. She was very excited about getting the ring, I hope she sees a different one that she would prefer now instead.

If they sent sent it recorded they should be able to give you tracking number, only reason they can't is if they didn't actually send it recorded!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks NMSE

When things like that happen you always wish the item was for yourself and not for friend/family. Postage was really expensive - QVC need a reality check. Hope she finds something equally lovely!:flower: x

If they sent sent it recorded they should be able to give you tracking number, only reason they can't is if they didn't actually send it recorded!!! :rolleyes:

You could be right there sazza. well if it does finally turn up I will look and see if there is the recorded red label on it.

Scam

Hi :hi:,
What a scam. Recorded delivery is no faster than ordinary delivery and carries no guarantees about when an item will arrive. It costs 75p extra on top of 1st or 2nd class postage and its only advantage is that the item can be tracked - it is not a secure service. If you ask to upgrade delivery in terms of speed of the item getting to you more quickly, only Special Delivery guarantees next day delivery.
£2.95 extra for an upgrade from 2nd class post to 1st class post seems a bit steep for a jewellery item, which can't weigh very much, even with the 75p for recorded delivery. Also, Royal Mail will not recompense anyone who sends fine jewellery through the post by recorded delivery. They state quite clearly that only Special Delivery is a safe option for sending such valuable items.
I really cannot see what extra service QVC were offering for the extra money.
They should offer Special Delivery for a fair price if the customer requests a quicker/more secure delivery option IMHO
:angry::angry::angry:

At last this ring has arrived and you know what it was not RM but a courier DX. the guy insisted I show him proof of identity. I said well you have come to my house and i live here but you still need id!!!! How late is this ring the company are that secure you dont get your goods lol. I have taken my aunt the ring this evening and the way home from my derby trip and she loved it!

so remember if you upgrade QVC use DX, and if you are not in they have noe delivery offices to collect parcel from yuo have to ring and arrange a redelivery. Like I did as had a letter yesterday to say i ahd to do this, also they wont specify what time of day they will come, unless you pay even more for say afternoon or morning so basically you have to wait in all day. Pretty bogus if you ask me will defo just use standard delivery in future

Latest posts

Back