Waitlist Advice please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chrissi

Registered Shopper
I ordered an item on waitlist last week that hadn't been available on the site for weeks (had been checking for it reappearing).

Just checked tonight and it's available to order, no waitlist warning anymore, but my order status is still sitting at 'awaiting stock' and when you click into view order details it then says 'order is in progress' so which is it? Am I better cancelling my waitlist order and just re-ordering to be on the safe side and to ensure I actually flipping get it? If it wasn't such good value and full of colours only available at QVC I would forget about the whole thing.

Just baffles me why they don't fulfil waitlist orders before putting stock on to the website.

I have had things on wait list ,items in stock but no sign of Q sending them out.So I phoned them and they said they would dispatch one ASAP.

The waitlist orders are fulfilled when they have a new batch of stock received at the warehouse (I was told). Occasionally penny-numbers are "found" (could be cancelled or returned orders or computer glitch or human error) but these aren't flagged for despatch to meet waitlist or advanced orders. As an experiment try adding 5 to your basket, you may find only 2 in stock. Sometimes the website lies and there's no stock, it may say sold out if you try to add it to shopping basket.

I'd say give CS a call and they'll arrange for the item to be despatched under the original order number. You could ask them if the item might be a return and get them to promise a return pre-paid label if the item you receive shows signs of having been returned.

Jude xx

PS I wouldn't just cancel your original order or you may find it won't let you order afresh, or you may find, what seems to be a straightforward order, will be converted to a waitlist order in a day or two when it's discovered there's no actual stock, in which case you'll be lower down the waitlist IYKWIM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back