Warning - Rant! (IBS/Food/Ingredients)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Eurax is great for itchy skin. Known as Earwax in my house. I react really badly to thing like bites so I'm never without Earwax.

you caught me out Dis..been moonlighting as a pole dancer at the local OAP club - perhaps it's the nipple tassels causing the itching..? :cheeky:!

Can you make them twirl in different directions, BM? :wink:

How are we all? I am fed up! Yesterday all day I felt bloated and needed to either burp or the other thing (!). I'd had bloomer loaf toasted for breakfast - with butter - so I blamed that, I don't get on with white bread. When I went to bed I took my bottle of soda water and drank all of it while I sat reading, sucked a couple of mints for good measure, and got off to sleep quite quickly. Woke at 4 am, rolled over onto my left side and shut my eyes..then I got this pain move across my right chest...only a few seconds it lasted but it wasn't nice. This morning, back to wholemeal toast and poached egg, and I'm sitting in the kitchen and I get a pain across..well spreading from breastbone outwards - again, a few seconds worth, but I know some of you have described these sort of heart attack-type symptoms which I've not had before - and I can't say I like them! Oh yes, combined a couple of mornings when I wake with toothache along the left jaw, now that did worry me as I've read before about the female heart attack being different from the male, and involving pain in the jaw - OMG!! I suppose I ought to book an appt with doc but I dread another endoscopy - I am so ****** FED UP!

Carol you should really make an appointment to see your doctor, if only to put your mind at rest. It sounds awful and very frightening. We end up frightening ourselves thinking what it might be. There could be other tests they can do. I refused endoscopy because there's no way could I do it, I gag at the thought. I'm taking lansoprazole at the moment, don't think they are doing much good though. I have a horrible tingling , numbness in my mouth and just below my throat, I seem to have it all the time. Hope you feel better soon.

I know you're right Wrongsideof40! I've had two endoscopies, last was December 2011, and they haven't found anything yet, but I stress myself terribly and do myself no favours I know that - if they'd give me some Valium I'd be right as a cart!!

Just a thought, but when they tried me on lansoprazole I couldn't cope with them, terrible sore throat they gave me - maybe you need a change of pill? I had the sort that melts on the tongue, so easy-peasy to take but they played havoc with me, I had to go back to omeprazole. The endoscopy really isn't that bad if you opt for sedation, which I did, deffo couldn't manage without - I'll come with you and hold your hand - better still, shall we have one together..? Not same camera obviously!!

It could be the lansoprazole that's making my mouth feel dreadful. Thanks for the offer lol, I'm such a big baby. Have you heard of the breath test that they do? My Mum was saying her neighbour had to do it last week. Apparently you have to do a sharp breath through a straw into a tube, then post it off. She got her results back really quickly. I'd not heard of it.

Carol, now be a good girl and make an appointment with your doctor in the morning. You'll just keep worrying if you don't and that will only make the symptoms worse, you may not need another endoscopy, perhaps just a change of medication will get you back on track.

It could be the lansoprazole that's making my mouth feel dreadful. Thanks for the offer lol, I'm such a big baby. Have you heard of the breath test that they do? My Mum was saying her neighbour had to do it last week. Apparently you have to do a sharp breath through a straw into a tube, then post it off. She got her results back really quickly. I'd not heard of it.

Oh..not heard of the breath test - that sounds a doddle doesn't it! Definitely sooner do that one!

Have you only been on lansoprazole? I would definitely check out whether you could try something else which might not have those awful side-effects.

Carol, now be a good girl and make an appointment with your doctor in the morning. You'll just keep worrying if you don't and that will only make the symptoms worse, you may not need another endoscopy, perhaps just a change of medication will get you back on track.

Yes mam! I know you are both talking sense and I'm the first to tell someone else to get checked out, but I am such a coward!

I've had a pretty good couple of weeks health wise. Well I've had a sure throat and earache but that's just winter ills. I'm grateful for a few days in a row without stomach ache.

BusyMum, i think doctor in the morning for you please, you need to get it sorted. And staying off white bread would be a
"blooming" (get it) good idea x :)

Hi girls..well I've been - doc's I mean, not loo! I got thru eventually, explained the problem and was asked if I could get there for 9am, yes, I said, and after ringing off realised it was gone 8 and me still standing there in my dressing gown straight from the shower - talk about shift myself!

Saw a nice doc with a foreign name but she was very good, listened to me, reassured me, very nice manner. She examined me and took my BP - oddly enough didn't listen to my heart and told me not to worry about the jaw pain! Might be a touch of gastritis, inflammation, some IBS symptoms. Gave me peppermint oil and it was only when I got to the pharmacy counter that I noticed it was in capsule form - oh oh, no good to me! I had said I couldn't swallow tabs. Asked if I could pierce them and take the contents but no, so I won't bore you with all the details but the receptionist and I were back and forth between pharmacy and surgery - fortunately it's only across the yard from the surgery entrance - and I finally got some liquid stuff to take and legged it back to the car before they thought of summat else..10.45 I got home!

She wants me to go back in a month just to tell her how things are - there's a novelty, some follow-up! She's only with us for twelve months - ours is a training practice and docs come and go all the time..no continuity of care any more, sadly. My two fave docs have both left now.

I'm to go back on Friday for bloods - apparently a full blood count test is outstanding - I thought I'd had one and been told it was ok but that could just as easily have been Nov 2011 I'm thinking about! I said to her I didn't let things slide, as soon as they sent me a letter requesting me to make an appt, I did so.

Anyway, hopefully all will be well..I do feel less anxious now I've seen someone, that's the main thing!

Pleased you went and are feeling less anxious. I only just saw your post from yesterday and was about to suggest you went to the Dr, for reassurance if nothing else.

Take care and.hope you feel better soon. X

Oh I'm pleased you've been seen and the doctor, albeit new and maybe only there for a year, seemed good. As you say follow up these days is rare.

What is the peppermint oil supposed to do/help with? I hope it works.

I think I must be one of the few people these days who has had the same GP for 26 years. He's such a lovely man. Quite laid back but will always listen.

glad to hear you went BM :)

barbs - peppermint oil is for indigestion.

edit to add - i've had the same gp for years too. he retires soon - i'll be lost.....

Well done Carol, at least you won't be so anxious now and hopefully the symptoms will ease. I'm exactly the same, I'll put off going for as long as possible and make myself ten times worse worrying about what might be. I hope the peppermint will help but if it doesn't at least you've got some follow up now so that can only be a good thing.

I was wondering this morning whether you would make an appointment. Glad to hear that you have been, hopefully it will put your mind at rest. We do get carried away with our own diagnosis don't we. Good that you got a follow up appointment too.

Latest posts

Back