welcome to our Fashion Weekend, and here's Kim and Co!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Fashion
Kim
Fashion
Kim
Fashion

sorry, its still not computing.

that polyester cardi tsv theyre peddling is nowhere near fashion in any way, shape or form. also interesting to see that goody and tanya are both having to shove shoulder pads into it to make it hang properley.

thats not the case for the gorgeous and fabulously statuesque joy who has shoulders almost as big as me (and i'm 6'3, 19 stones and built like a brick fashion house :mysmilie_696: ).

its nasty. dont buy it.

Fashion
Kim
Fashion
Kim
Fashion

sorry, its still not computing.

that polyester cardi tsv theyre peddling is nowhere near fashion in any way, shape or form. also interesting to see that goody and tanya are both having to shove shoulder pads into it to make it hang properley.

thats not the case for the gorgeous and fabulously statuesque joy who has shoulders almost as big as me (and i'm 6'3, 19 stones and built like a brick fashion house :mysmilie_696: ).

its nasty. dont buy it.

I didn't, it's hideous, definite whiff of the market stall For the last few years, her TSV's have been horrible. Yesterday we went out and I was wearing a jacket that was a Kim TSV about 12 years ago and it's really lovely, hangs beautifully and still looks good as new.

To be fair, every high street shop has it version of this cardi, although at half the price and a nicer fabric and for once it isnt some mad print! That said, Kim and Co never has been and never will be my thing!

The only people I've seen wear 'Kim & Co' are some of the house bound patients I visit in their 70's and 80's. No disrespect to them, but this is hardly the demographic that screams 'fashion'. Yes, it may be 'wearable' but is it fashion? I don't want to go around looking like Lady GaGa, but neither do I want to enter old age looking like I have a catheter that needs changing.

As far as I can tell I'm not in my 70's/80's, not housebound, but do occasionally wear some Kim & Co when I give the Kaftans a miss that is. Each to their own.

The only people I've seen wear 'Kim & Co' are some of the house bound patients I visit in their 70's and 80's. No disrespect to them, but this is hardly the demographic that screams 'fashion'. Yes, it may be 'wearable' but is it fashion? I don't want to go around looking like Lady GaGa, but neither do I want to enter old age looking like I have a catheter that needs changing.

It's all in the way you wear it. I have some lovely pieces and I absolutely do not dress like an old lady. I have the wrap top that is on now in the raspberry which I wear with skinny trousers and knee boots and it's fab. Maybe it's not high fashion, but I believe classic lines flatter my body shape and I did all the wearing of high fashion until I found "my" fashion.
I agree that QVC fashion isn't aimed at youngsters but I'm sure it would be if they thought it would be lucrative. In my experience young people like to wear something for a few weeks then move on. I, on the other hand,like to wear things that don't date with a nod to the latest fashion in the shape of trousers or accessories.

Kim & Co is not my thing, I aim more for the aged rock chick look (jeans, t shirt, jeans) but looking at the ladies on the screen, I do think the 'look' is smart and often elegant (I cannot carry off elegant). Dont get me wrong, I think it is very expensive and definitely isnt high fashion but if I saw a lady in the street wearing some of these items I certainly wouldn't think yuk!

I do try to wear natural fibres when I can but definitely wouldn't not buy something I loved the look of because it was polyester.

Looking at Julia, she looks fine and Kim wearing her own designs from head to toe does too, maybe not 'fashionable' but nicely dressed. The models as ever look lovely, can see Joy now in a turquoise skirt and co-ordinating top and she does look really nice in my opinion.

I also think that there are a lot of our lovely FMs on here who love these clothes and bet they look great in them too.

Maybe it should have been called something other than Spring 'Fashion' Weekend then we wouldn't be expecting to see on our screens clothing that we see currently in the high street stores.

Bet XX

It's all in the way you wear it. I have some lovely pieces and I absolutely do not dress like an old lady. I have the wrap top that is on now in the raspberry which I wear with skinny trousers and knee boots and it's fab. Maybe it's not high fashion, but I believe classic lines flatter my body shape and I did all the wearing of high fashion until I found "my" fashion.
I agree that QVC fashion isn't aimed at youngsters but I'm sure it would be if they thought it would be lucrative. In my experience young people like to wear something for a few weeks then move on. I, on the other hand,like to wear things that don't date with a nod to the latest fashion in the shape of trousers or accessories.

You said what I was trying to say sooo much better XX

You said what I was trying to say sooo much better XX

The aged rock chick look aint so bad, either, if it's your look. I love denim jackets and like to team a well-worn one with a smart dress - not original, I know, but edgy enough for my 62 years and doesn't scream "trying too hard".
I have loved fashion all my life and my mother, who is 84, is very trendy and stylish without looking ridiculous.

I liked Kim&Co in the early years, now the clothes have got too garish and too expensive for what they are, but imo Kim has more idea of fashion than our own Michelle Hope who over the years have gone from bad to ridiculous.

The reason I think this range is so popular is because the larger woman is still not catered for on the high street ( I know it is not just for larger ladies)
I have a few pieces and have worn the soft touch items loads. I love the fact they wash easily then no ironing (my basket is empty!!!!:mysmilie_17:) They don't constrict you either...if you get my drift.:mysmilie_701:

I like your loyalty to 'Kim & Co' but...

:mysmilie_17: Sorry ladies, you're never going to convince me 'Kim & Co' is fashionable. I will concede that you are all stylish ladies with great flair and wear your QVC clothes with panache and you feel the garments are well made, good value, great colours yadda, yadda, yadda...but Kim Mendleson will still be churning out the same old designs made from 100% acrylic, stretchy, elastane, material in brightly coloured cardigans, baggy trousers and clingy skirts in ten years time. They may be wearable 'classics' but they are not, nor never will be 'fashion'...not in my opinion. It doesn't make me right and you wrong, it's just my view point :mysmilie_12:.

I wear Kim clothes too!

I have to wear a skirt for school and it must cover my knees when I sit down. Have you tried finding a traditional suit skirt that does that???? Impossible - and I'm only 5'5". On the days where I wear a traditional suit I just don't sit in the staffroom and stay behind a desk so no-one gets a glimpse!

My Kim pieces are in black, white, dark brown and navy blue. The nicest skirts are knee length with an asymmetric frill at the hem. I also have t-shirts, cap-sleeved v-neck tops and cardigans. I don't always wear them head to toe, as a vest and skirt look great with a 'normal' jacket. Also, a brighty coloured pashmina accessorises them perfectly.

I'm a very young looking and acting 41 and have never had anything other than compliments from students and pupils - even in schools where they're not backwards in coming forwards (if you know what I mean).

Didn't order the TSV though as I think it looks like something you would wear at a wedding.

i notice that the promo for the tsv has all of the models hanging around a caravan.

very "appropo" as kim would say...

I think some of it is quite nice - tsv today looks very old fashioned - but I do think you could find the odd gem in her stuff.However,for me,it doesn't suit my shape and I actually think its very over priced.

I always think the models look nice in it.

Years ago I bought 2 cardigans from Kim&Co but they were a knitted Boucle material and I wore them to death. I wish she would bring an updated version out in this material. It's the only time I have bought anything of hers.

I watched the repeat TSV hour at 8 this morning. I saw the lovely Joy in an aqua skirt and a white and aqua top. They clearly were the wrong size for the poor woman who was doing her best to look comfy and elegant. Honestly, I've seen looser straight jackets!!

I too caught this morning's repeat, despite not being able to stand Kim's voice I had to tune in and I quote " wear it on a bench, going to the pool and this fabric won't get torn by a dry nail or jewellery ". WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT ???!!! Complete gobbledygook, I have no idea how Julia or the other presenters can bear to be on with her. As for her clothes, words fail me now.....

Latest posts

Back