WEN Haircare TSV 27/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Half Way There

So, I've "drenched" my hair and worked through 8 pumps of WEN (settled on that as a kind of average of the amounts discussed on here, as I have shoulder length, thick hair). Waited 10 minutes then stood in the shower for well over 5 mins rinsing, trying to figure out, how long is long enough ?!?

I've now applied the deep conditioner (about a tablespoon), which I'm to leave on overnight and then probably spend about 30mins in the shower in the morning trying to work out what rinsing out really means!

Meh mine hasn't come yet , Tbf id have died of shock had it done lol , Dips that sounds very complicated I thought the Wen way was meant to save time!!!

Did you dry your hair and then apply the deep conditioner?

Erm, no, :blush: was I meant to? I must admit I only watched the midnight launch, but I thought Chez What's-his-face just said apply it after washing, nothing about drying in-between.

Erm, no, :blush: was I meant to? I must admit I only watched the midnight launch, but I thought Chez What's-his-face just said apply it after washing, nothing about drying in-between.
I'd get cold if I didn't dry my hair, that was why I was asking.

Mine delivered today as well!!! That is a first. Next day delivery! What ever next!!

I was totally shocked when mine arrived today too. I've put the Sweet Almond Mint away to give my Mum for her birthday next month. But I've just used the Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner myself for the first time.

I have very short, pixie style hair do so didn't really know how many pumps. I went with 4 cos that Chaz said he used 6. I thought it was too much. So once I'd had a shower & washed it out, I then applied another 3 pumps and washed that out pretty much straight away.

I've literally just got out the shower & now waiting for my hair to dry to see what it looks like.

Sorry to hijack, but regarding the Avon hand cream. Anyone know if they still do one that smells of roses? It used to be Rose and Glycerine and they did it for years, but I bought a glycerine one a while back and it was spicy smelling instead.

TIA

I was totally shocked when mine arrived today too. I've put the Sweet Almond Mint away to give my Mum for her birthday next month. But I've just used the Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner myself for the first time.

I have very short, pixie style hair do so didn't really know how many pumps. I went with 4 cos that Chaz said he used 6. I thought it was too much. So once I'd had a shower & washed it out, I then applied another 3 pumps and washed that out pretty much straight away.

I've literally just got out the shower & now waiting for my hair to dry to see what it looks like.

Chaz was adamant on the amount used but I agree that everyone's hair is different. Mine arrived as well. Chaz said you can tweet him if there are any issues and he guarantees it works or money back.

Sorry to hijack, but regarding the Avon hand cream. Anyone know if they still do one that smells of roses? It used to be Rose and Glycerine and they did it for years, but I bought a glycerine one a while back and it was spicy smelling instead.

TIA

A friend had an Avon catalogue at the weekend which I flicked through(didn't buy as nothing I wanted), never notice it.

Okay, as I said earlier, rinse until you squeak, you will know by the feel of your own hair. Make sure you get your scalp well rinsed. As I do not have a shower I have the head over the bath thing going on. I think I might be doing it for two minutes but no real idea and I just keep going until the squeak and scalp feels product free.

Warwa10, my hair is your length and I use 3 pumps to start and if I decide to give a second wash then two pumps.

Still undecided about Wen - it seems a bit if a love/hate thing. Some concerning stuff online if you google "WEN HAIR LOSS" though!

Okay, as I said earlier, rinse until you squeak, you will know by the feel of your own hair. Make sure you get your scalp well rinsed. As I do not have a shower I have the head over the bath thing going on. I think I might be doing it for two minutes but no real idea and I just keep going until the squeak and scalp feels product free.

Warwa10, my hair is your length and I use 3 pumps to start and if I decide to give a second wash then two pumps.

After my hair dried last night, although yes it was clean and my partner said it looked shiny, I didn't see any real difference from when I wash my hair in Liz Earle (which is what I put aside to start on WEN) because I have such short hair. I'm obviously not going to see results like they showed on the QVC presentations, because all the models had longer hair. I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm not going to send it back, as the product does wash my hair and I don't like sending stuff back, but I'm not sure I would buy it again.

Sounds like I'm right with my pump numbers then. That's good. Don't wanna waste the product or make my hair look greasy. Thanks.

Does WEN do styling products? Like hairspray and gel/wax? Does anyone know.

Still undecided about Wen - it seems a bit if a love/hate thing. Some concerning stuff online if you google "WEN HAIR LOSS" though!

This only happens if people have a problem with the mint in Wen, if you are allergic to it then do not use. This was discussed in original Wen thread but good to bring it up to let people know again. If you have a problem with mint products then don't use it. To be honest my hair seems to be thicker since using the Wen and I had quite thick hair to start.

After my hair dried last night, although yes it was clean and my partner said it looked shiny, I didn't see any real difference from when I wash my hair in Liz Earle (which is what I put aside to start on WEN) because I have such short hair. I'm obviously not going to see results like they showed on the QVC presentations, because all the models had longer hair. I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm not going to send it back, as the product does wash my hair and I don't like sending stuff back, but I'm not sure I would buy it again.

Sounds like I'm right with my pump numbers then. That's good. Don't wanna waste the product or make my hair look greasy. Thanks.

Yes, they do. I am waiting for the Wen UK sale, Akimbo said usually June/July. I love the styling crème it quite moisturizing, and the Texture Balm you can use the same way as Liz Earle Balm on cuticles etc as well as on the hair. Want to try the Revitalizing spray.

Give it a few more goes Warwa10, as you are already using SLS free products the difference will not be so dramatic.

After my hair dried last night, although yes it was clean and my partner said it looked shiny, I didn't see any real difference from when I wash my hair in Liz Earle (which is what I put aside to start on WEN) because I have such short hair. I'm obviously not going to see results like they showed
on the QVC presentations, because all the models had longer hair
. I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm not going to send it back, as the product does wash my hair and I don't like sending stuff back, but I'm not sure I would buy it again.

The constant reference during the demos to "we have every hair colour, length, type here ...." irritated me. Not one model had what I would consider short hair.

Latest posts

Back